To go to a date or to not.

Love never knows the directions.

 

Johnny is active.

12:45 PM

 

Johnny:

Jae? You there?

Just wanted to let you know that we are all meeting up for lunch.

You know, that pizzeria you really wanted to go to?

We're gonna meet up at the gate at 1.

You're coming, right?

Jaehyun is active.

12:52 PM

Jaehyun:

sorry hyung for the late response!

was busy in class

Johnny:

Diligent as ever! 😉 

That's nothing to apologize for! I'm patient with replies, especially when we're in class.

Jaehyun:

Thanks hyung! ^^

Johnny:

are you coming for lunch, btw?

Jaehyun:

about that, i already told doyoung-hyung that i couldn't make it

i thought he told you guys??

Johnny:

what? it's news to me.

maybe he told ten and ten got caught again by the teacher, so he just focused on class instead

Jaehyun:

that definitely sounds like him!

Johnny:

wait, so you're not coming?

Jaehyun:

yeah i won't be able to make it

Johnny:

why though?

Jaehyun:

it's-

Tae-Hyung 🍒 is calling!

Accept / Decline

one sec hyung

someone is calling

Johnny:

oh, tyt!

Tae-Hyung 🍒 is calling!

Accept / Decline

 


 

If his heart didn't suddenly jump at the sound of someone calling his phone, he would be lying- quite badly. Sicheng glanced at the boy, who was fumbling to try and answer his phone. They had finished their dance lessons for the day, as the second year students had music when the freshmen had dance. This would make for very hungry dance first-years rushing to get their lunch soon after, and thus, class always ended at least 10 minutes earlier. Like any other day, Sicheng and Jaehyun were doing their end-dance stretches in order to loosen up their muscles. The two had gradually become friends, from Jaehyun becoming his friend and translator, to now, close buddies that made people question if they were ever the same age. 

Immediately, Jaehyun replied to his friend that was texting him and turned his attention back to the incoming call. Quickly, Jaehyun answered his phone, blurting out a "Hello Hyung!". 

The blonde heard a soft laugh from the other end and he could feel himself getting soft at the sound of that laugh.

"Hyunnie, why do you always sound so scared when I call you?" Taeyong chuckled from the other end, his voice mixed in with the sound of a car going by.

He pouted, earning a grin from Sicheng, "Not my fault if you suddenly call me, Hyung! That scared the crap out of me!"

Another laugh, louder this time. Jaehyun smiled, happy knowing that he could make his hyung laugh like that. "Better change your loud ringtone, Hyunnie. Even if the song is good." He heard Taeyong sigh, possibly in mock disappointment. 

This time, it was Jaehyun's turn to laugh. Sicheng seemed to be pleasantly enjoying the scene, knowing that he was eavesdropping nonetheless. "It has a good beat drop, hyung!" He heard Taeyong whisper an 'aish', but then he heard more noise that sounded a lot like chatter and a 'Good Afternoon, sir'. Confused, Jaehyun asked, "Hyung, where are you?" trying to clear up the nagging feeling he was having all of a sudden. He felt like he was forgetting something.

Taeyong sighed, more audibly this time. He wasn't expecting that type of reaction from his hyung. Was he annoyed? Did he do something wrong? Jaehyun pressed his lips into a thin line and tried not to think too hard on a simple and small reaction. Sicheng tilted his head, a little worried for his friend.

"Aish, this kid." Taeyong voiced, his tone soft and caring despite the curt response.

Jaehyun was confused, raising an eyebrow at no one in particular. Sicheng, however, did see his change of expression and tried his best not to laugh. It was comical to witness a person animate his expressions so vividly despite the fact that the person they're talking to wouldn't be able to see the expressions. 

With the lack of response from Jaehyun, Taeyong sighed and blurted his thoughts, "Did you forget our date?" 

Jaehyun could feel the heat rushing to his cheeks. Taeyong called it a date. Fumbling on his words, he tried to speak, only to have his tongue tied which made him stutter, "YES- I m-mean, N-NO! I did remember!" He inwardly cursed at the stutter gods, and possibly even cupid. Why did he have to stumble like that? He hoped that the older boy wouldn't take it the wrong way.

"Oh goodness, Jaehyunnie," He heard a laugh, making his heart flutter, "I'm already here."

His eyes widened drastically, resulting in him looking like a shocked puppy. Sicheng couldn't hold it in anymore, laughing out loud at Jaehyun's hilarious reactions.

"Ah- then I'm coming right now, Hyung! Give me 5 minutes!" Standing up abruptly, Jaehyun shoved his jacket into his bag and waved at Sicheng, "I'm gonna hang up, hyung. See you there!" He exclaimed, shoving his phone into his pocket and booking it out the door. Sicheng was left speechless, that was till Yuta peeked into his class through the same door that Jaehyun exited, with his signature cheeky grin. He smiled at the hyung, "Hello Yuta-hyung!" and got up. 

"Ah, Sicheng, wanna come to lunch with me? We're going to a pizzeria that's close by." 

Sicheng's eyes lit up, nodding at Yuta's invite. Getting up, the two headed out the class and to the gate where they all planned to meet up.

All, except one.


 

Johnny:

Uh, Jae?

Earth to Jaeeee!

Jaehyun:

sorry about that

btw, i cant make it

i have a date ❤️

Jaehyun is offline.

Johnny:

wait, what?

YOU HAVE A DATE?

omfg where did this boy run off to?

 


 

Ten is active.

12:58 PM

Ten:

yo fatass

where tf r u?

im at the gate with doyoung & taeil

yuta n sicheng are on their way

Johnny:

I'm on my way

Ten:

oh btw, jaehyun isnt coming

Johnny:

Yeah, he just told me.

He has a date.

Ten:

...

heS ON A DATE?!

Johnny:

I'll talk to you about it just wait till I get to the gate.

Johnny is offline.

Ten is offline.

 



 

Author's note:

Ayyyyeeee!

Hope you liked this chapter! 

The story is slowly inching forward, admittedly. But I write in bursts, so depending on how long it goes, I keep writing and don't stop.
But, thankfully, I didn't stretch this too much. xD

I may make short chapters later, 500 words minimum. But I'll always make sure to make it interesting!

Anywho, thank you for reading! :D

If you genuinely enjoyed this story, please do upvote!
Make sure to subscribe if you want to be updated when the next chapter is uploaded. :D
Leave a comment (or constructive criticism for that matter) if you want to, as all comments are much appreciated! They let me know what I'm doing right and what I'm not. I truly do enjoy reading your comments, and they always push me forward when it comes to writing.

Till tomorrow,

Leia Vallerie, Signing off!