Chapter 2: Miss Dimple

One Fated Encounter

Arjun POV

Holy !!! huh! Loud, very loud…a sudden succession of shrill rings cut the silence and it's ringing for a long time now…"Steve, can you please shut your damn phone off" I shouted while closing my ears with pillow. Steve jumped up startled and started peering towards the phone, "Dude it's your phone andddd it's uncle" he threw the phone to the couch where I was lying.

I stirred and suddenly I was awake like an owl, now the phone rang like gunshots and I hesitantly answered "Arjun, hope you are well prepared! It's at 1 pm, meet you at Chicago" the voice from other end showed both authoritative and concern..."yes dad", I replied with utmost sincerity.

Damn, it's 11:30 already and how can I do this on my most important day...what the hell Alex is doing? Why didn’t he call to remind me, isn't he suppose to do this as my secretary...while cursing him, looked at his name in Phone book - realization slowly hit me...yesterday...while boozing in the pub, when this guy was kept calling me, I…yes the stupid I, blocked him to have fun..........I shouldn't have come here!

Frustratingly, I looked around..what a mess! Cards everywhere and there were samuel adams bottles and johny walker bottle rolling down far from the bar waiting for someone to trip over them...All my dear friends- Steve, Vicky and Mathew were lying on the bed wearing just the boxer and certainly no one will believe that these are country's top 10 billionaires sons...

All of us are single child for our Parents who are chairman and largest stakeholders of top most Fortune 500 companies...we 4 grew up together as spoiled brutes! Starting from kindergarten to abroad studies and management training....we did it hand in hand…Nothing, nothing really can get into our friendship and the bond we have is really unique and special...we are pretty tight and they all point out my blind spots without any second thought.

"Child, would you like an espresso large" the voice brought me back to the ground... it's Meenam Aunty! Our Farm house care taker and she knew us from our childhood. I insisted her to serve here when we four bought this farm house. Yes, this is our OWN hang out place and who else can fit here other than our aunt as she always catered to our needs like our own Mom. "Yes Aunty, give a large one, I need to rush" she nodded looking at the massively dirty place.

Called Alex to keep my suit ready and asked me to meet at Paradise @ 12:30 sharp...I need to look my best today.

"Mats, Mats where is the car key man, I couldn't find it and am getting late for the meeting" I tried really hard waking him up...it's my ing fault that I agreed when they asked for the party to celebrate THE DAY...

Rubbing his eyes, Mathew stumbled around and looked at me "oh yes! CONGRATS CEO Arjun" he hugged me delightfully...and I punched him hard.

“Bull, I’m ing late already man and the meeting is at 1”... I screamed and he gasped out an apology and start waking others. We ransacked the entire house but in vain. We couldn't find the damn key.

This is yet another blunder I committed yesterday, we asked all the drivers to drive our cars from the pub and all of us came in his BMW I8...I baffled at the situation, not sure what to do next.

Time is 11:55 and I can't waste another minute. I stepped out walking towards the main road and the Watchman came running behind me completely clueless on what’s happening. I ordered him to get a taxi and he was bewildered! "What the HELL, why are you still standing" I yelled. "Sir, it's difficult to get taxi on road, let me book it" he browsed his mobile..."Sir, there is no Elite cars available", he gabbled on in a panicky way. I snatched his phone, "What is this icon - there is one available at 5 minutes?", He was breaking out in a cold sweat and said, that is a SHARED TAXI- 2 or 3 will share and take.

BOOK it! I said firmly, avoiding his gaze walked out towards the road junction...he followed me diligently.

"My day has gone from bad to worse now...I have never traveled in public transports - wait!!! Is taxi - a private transport? Well, that's not the issue, how can I have such a horrible day" I strode across the road cursing my fate!

The white Sedan is approaching us, I better not bother about its brand, guess this is the taxi, Watchmen waved his hand to stop the car.

"Have a great day Sir" he wished me and I really felt a sarcasm in his tone.

I opened the door feeling dejected. All my turmoil, disappointments for the day came to a halt...captivated at the sight - a girl may be in her mid 20s is dozing off resting her head on the window holding her bag...What the hell…Really!!??Its noon and looks like she is heading to work...how can she sleep?? How can she sleeps like whole world is standing there to protect her...so calm...she is certainly no beauty compared to all the girls I have encountered so far....plenty of smart, talented, fierce, enchanting ladies tried persuading me but I never bothered to spare a look...but ..But she seems to be different and something about her is charming! Oh Arjun! Remember, devil doesn't necessarily come in red cape and pointy horns, it can come in pure and innocent form too my instinct warned me.

She tossed and turned due to sudden fresh air flow and pursed her lips leaving a little dent in her cheek...my heart skipped a beat..DIMPLE...Oh it’s just a birth defect, yeahhhh but kinda look cute on her! It's natural HALLOW, Am not really getting into this pit, my mind reminded instantly ...I am puzzled on how I was torn between the emotions in less than a minute...

I slammed the door purposefully wanting to wake her up...She must have been shaken at the sight of me and rubbed her eyes like a kid...Well, who can resist falling for me!!! I’m a Prince Charming after all!!! "Stop the car" I was brought down from cloud nine by her squeaking voice...

She looked at me puzzled and screamed “Who the HELL are you?”  Did I hear her correct??? Who the HELL are you??? HELL - is she in her sense??? She must have lost her mind and gone crazy to call me like that... I turned around firmly looking at her...Her gaze was sharp and fierce fully soft and it took a minute for me to utter another word....I badly wanted to know what is running in her mind now...in an attempt to understand that, I tried asking her “Excuse me?”  But she ignored me royally and turned towards the driver

I felt a sharp pain in my chest...I was terribly bothered!  I have started getting even angrier, when the driver responded rudely to her - I interrupted wanting to take her attention back.

Oh, with all these roller coaster emotions, I completely forgot about my Business...I can’t go to Paradise now, messaged Alex to come and pick me in the Tarawar Junction. When I was about to hit the send button, She screamed again to drop her down right away.

! What is her problem now? Is she saying she doesn't wanted to travel with me ??? My pride, it Hurts badly !!! I yelled at her "What the F*& is your problem?"Her puppy eyes opened widely clearly shaken up by my outburst. oh my god! What did I just do why did my outward demeanor is contradicting my inner thoughts and feelings!

She went to sleep again as I instructed...I’m positive that she must have taken me as one rogue but I’m fine as long as this drive continues...Hoping to see the cute DIMPLE!!!