Chapter 1: Humiliating Encounter

One Fated Encounter

Saki's Point of View (POV)

Oh my god! I should not have come here...I should have told him that am busy too, why do I always end up like this? Ahhh Saki, you are really so stupid! I was thrashing myself internally.

It's already 11:55 in the morning and I'm late for the office...adding to my frustration I forgot to charge my phone and I can't book my taxi here...It's so hot and I really don't want to take the bus as I'm already exhausted..

With so many thoughts running, my eyes spotted him, "Leo, can you please do a favor? Will you please book a taxi for me? Hope you have the flyer taxi app". I poured out my questions without even waiting for a response.

"Yes Saki! I do have...hold for a minute" Leo said while browsing his phone. Unlike me, He seemed to be happy, enjoying the party.

I was glad and thankful that my cousin Leo also came for this engagement, if not, it would have been a great challenge, as I'm very bad at knowing my relatives. I have no clue how they are all related to me and I had to put up with this because of my dear dad. I was on my toes.

"It's done Saki, note this number, anyways he will be here in another 2 minutes" Leo's said with a grinning face showing that he has done a big favor. Well, I can't say much as indeed it's a great help especially in the need of hour.

"Thanks Leo! See you soon" I flashed a smile and rushed down from the party hall to the road and spotted the taxi.

My favorite song was playing on the radio. Well, it's going to take an hour to reach my destination and I'm sure I can have a small nap and closed my eyes dwelling into the soothing song.

Suddenly I felt the heat and sensed pleasant fragrance...before even I came to my sense, bang - I heard the door shut and I was gasped to see someone sitting beside me...The car is still running? I rubbed my eyes to make the vision clear...oh it's indeed a guy...who looks in his late 20s, handsome perfectly toned manly guy...am I dreaming? Am I getting kidnapped...So many thoughts and questions popped up on my head and I was trying to make sense of what is going on....Realization slowly kicked in, Yes, I'm indeed travelling with someone, I shouted aloud "stop the car!"

"Creech!" Oh that was a sudden stop! My heart was racing, holding my breath, I shouted again "who the HELL are you?" he turned to my side and met my eyes...oh what a lovely brown mesmerizing eyes and our eyes halted. He had a devil-may-care outlook!

"Excuse me!" He snapped at me which brought back my sense...he looked at me as if he is looking some retarded creepy creature. Gasped, avoiding his gaze, I turned and asked the Driver what is going on.

"What is the problem Madam? Why are you shouting?" the Driver questioned and I sensed an angry tone in Driver’s voice. Before I could say something Mr. handsome interrupted in an irritated tone, "it's getting late, can you please move on", he instructed the Driver as if I'm invisible. I was confused and he might have sensed it too...he looked at me intensively and said..."what's your goddamn problem? Do you expect to travel alone in a shared taxi? We have a long way to go! Will you please keep quiet?", he said with a deadpan expression.

I'm astonished! I felt like the world is spinning and I dropped my jaw in utter shock...I am so stupid! the fact slowly sinking...I looked out  unable to look at him anymore, cursing my cousin for all the humiliation I'm going through now, especially the disgusting look that this guy threw at me....yes, Leo has indeed booked a shared taxi and he didn't even bother to inform me...I felt so ashamed!

I was unable to sit...my mind kept insisting me to get out of the car. On a second thought, I demanded the driver that I wish to get down right now, right there.

Both looked at me like I just lost my brain. In an ordering tone he said "Miss Dimple - what the is your problem?"

Dimple ? When did I smile? When did he witness my dimple? What is this weird tickling feeling? Why the hell I’m blushing? Wanted to hide my face somewhere...am conflicted, how could I feel both happy and annoyed on his tone. He snapped again "can you please go back to your sleep so that we can move on?"...He really spilled out each word gritting his teeth with rages.

Suddenly I felt a gulp in my throat and I behaved as if I’m his pet and closed my eyes...the moment I closed my eyes, his face appeared fascinatingly especially the mesmerizing eyes!

Not sure where this encounter will take to...