#01

at the last token

Author's note : kindly to leave your comment and don't be a silent reader, thank you ^^


Seokmin grumbled a lot under his breath. He would curse anything and anyone before his eyes because the boss dragged him to the casino. It was the 5th time for this week. The boss spent too much money and gained a lot too on a gambling. He was sure that his superior losing his mind after finishing a big project last week. But he was not supposed to be in the casino, blankly staring at how the boss playing his luck on the board. 

 

Here, again, for the 5th he had to enter a dimmed-light place with the hustle of cheering and groaning by some people who losing some money and gaining money after testing their luck in the casino. But he would not be willing to test his fortune on the game board. It was too risky for the white-collar worker like him. He was a devoted Christian who afraid to commit a sin. Even for lying, he was too afraid to do so. That’s why he would not do gamble and simply stared at his boss who performing a crime. No, practically it was not a crime because it was legal here. 

 

He even questioned himself why chasing his dream to work in States besides doing a couple stage performance with his best friend in Seoul. But then, he was trapped to be working under a person who addicted to doing a gambling. He faked a sob. 

 

“What?” 

 

Seungcheol turned to look at him, yawning and grinning after. 

 

“Nothing, Sir.” Seokmin instantly composed himself, sitting firm to please the boss. He did not want to get a salary cut this month because of distracting him from the game itself. He tossed his eyes right to left, eyeing the view as if he wanted to feel happy to be there, in fact, he did not. Suddenly, he got nudged. He turned to the sight. 

 

Seungcheol rose on his feet. “Grab some food for our tummy, it’s hard to concentrate when I hear your stomach grumbling,” he said as he dragged Seokmin out of the casino. 

 

The hustle behind slowly deafened. Seungcheol pointed his finger to a pub near the casino since the business never wanted to ruin the game with some foods and beverages. As both of the males stepped into the bar, they were welcomed by the thick smell of alcohol which spread throughout the pub. Seokmin glanced to each pair of eyes whose watching them like a hawk. Someone approached them in a sudden, giving a strange look. 

 

“So, new in here?” 

 

The males which seemed like two big lambs simply nodded in unison. The stranger pulled a creepy smile. 

 

“Take a seat, my precious brother will make two drink for you,” he gestured to look at the petite male who stood behind the bar, shaking some bottles as he made a custom-made drink. Seokmin took a hesitate move as he plumped down on the chair. The man left them with a suspicious look. 

 

The latter gulped down. He saw Seungcheol by the corner of his eyes. 

 

“Isn’t it quite scary…?” He whispered. 

 

The boss nodded right away. 

 

Someone abruptly approached them, sending an angelic smile while his eyes told otherwise. The latter looked mysterious in his eyes. That smoky eye-shadow, red orbs, black shirt and soft plum lips, Seokmin was stunned to see a person who butting in their space. He was sure that he facing a threat for his sinless life right now. But that person seemed unbothered to ruin their space. 

 

“So, welcome to Hurricane, mind to order something?” 

 

It was a seductive voice which shivered his spine down with excitement right now. He grabbed on Seungcheol’s hand. That person right away noticed how frightened Seokmin was now. Meanwhile, Seungcheol hawked and motioned the bartender which was no longer seen there. He widened his eyes before turning back to see the stranger. 

 

“I guess we’ve already,” he said, tremulously. That person chuckled. 

 

“Yeah, but Jihoon is out of here, he is busy somewhere,” he responded, “preparing something, mind to tell me the order?” It was a chill, he sensed it and he was totally sure about it. Seokmin shook his head a bit. 

 

“I’m…n-no l-longer hungry, sir,” he stammered. 

 

“I’m Soonyoung, don’t be so nervy with me,” the latter introduced himself, trying to leave a good impression to the customer, “so you both, vodka or wine, well I guess it is not a good option for grown-up men, gin?” 

 

Soonyoung got his eyes upon Seokmin which thrilled the lamb into a fluff ball if he could. The lamb bit his lips nervously. “Just beer,” he muttered, “and sandwiches. With ham. Honey-baked ham.” 

 

His smile got wider than before. “As sweet as honey, your order will be served shortly.” Afterwards, the Soonyoung guy left them with some unspoken questions. 

 

Seokmin ogled until he disappeared behind the violet curtain. He turned to the side. 

 

“He is….scary.” 

 

“Indeed, but not as the bartender.” 

 

A big thump snapped them out from their conversation. The little guy who earlier stood behind the set now served them two bottles of beer and sandwich on the plate. 

 

“Who you called bartender?” His eyes squinted hard at Seungcheol. A light red flashed through as he watched him closely. 

 

“You,” he whispered, quietly, nearly been heard to anyone’s ear. But loud enough for the petite guy to hear.  

 

He smirked. Seungcheol glanced at the pocket of his shirt. No name tag there and it was weird. 

 

“Lucky, you have a fear of me,” he gave a smug look. “Here, finish it and get out of the problem, you’re not welcomed in this place.” 

 

A hand s around his shoulder. A cheeky grin showed up in the midst of tension as if it cooled down the air. The Soonyoung guy pulled a thin smile when he turned a look to Seokmin. 

 

“Easy, don’t finish it in haste,” he assured, trying to loosen up the tension on Seokmin’s jaw which became stiff for anybody could tell. “You’re the customer here, so try to enjoy your food,” he cheered, “before we go have fun.” 

 

Seungcheol who was about plugging his fork on the bread dropped it down in a second. He was stunned. So was Seokmin. They were alarmed of what had been waiting for them in advance. They swallowed down their guts noiselessly to finish all. Seungcheol slowly took a grip of his beer, nibbling on the glass as if his teeth fidgeted. 

 

The Soonyoung guy leant closer to them. “There is a cabaret here. They have a good place to play a game,” he spoke softly. At that time, Seokmin got goose bumps on all over his body. It was just not right, yet tempting to see also. It simply did not seem good nonetheless. Seokmin was one hundred percent certain that, it was far from a usual game. 

 

After that, he ducked his head, bending closer to Seokmin’s side. “It will be fun, there,” he enchanted, trying to get all the attention for his own. He winked at the poor male, showing unusual teeth to him. 

 

Seokmin noticed something. A fang. And it was longer than usual. It was totally wrong. He never knew there was a person who had a vampire kink and appearing before his eyes. But it was totally scary. He was used to performing as a vampire on Halloween day, but there were no fangs, no creepy fang like Soonyoung had. 

 

Seungcheol cleared out his throat. “Can you both give us space?” 

 

Soonyoung released his arm of the petite guy. He smiled back to Seungcheol. “Okay, anyway, I will bring this guy with us to that cabaret. It’s just a few walk from here,” he informed. 

 

“I won’t go.” 

 

“C’mon, Jihoon, I have Joshua’s permission to take his patootie little Lee Jihoon because his adopted brother had a crush on this big guy,” Soonyoung blabbered, “and I’m willing to help.” 

 

Seungcheol jabbed his fork into the sandwich, trying to not surprise to hear the chat. 

 

Jihoon guy wanted to comment but… “I’m straight,” Seungcheol said. 

 

“So am I,” Seokmin butted in. Soonyoung chuckled, leaning back to Seokmin. “But I can make you gay for me.” 

 

“No thanks, I don’t wanna commit a sin,” he answered, looking at Soonyoung’s red eyes. He gulped of chill and cold sweat began to show up. He immediately averted his stare and back into his sandwich. 

 

“So, no thanks, Kwon Soonyoung, I have something to do,” he pushed away from the latter. Then leaving the males behind, Soonyoung simply followed him with some whining as if he really wanted the latter to join with him. 

 

“No thanks,” Seokmin clearly heard the faint voice of them both. 

 

“Weird.” 

 

"Let's find another gambling house, I knew some here…like literally far from this pub,” Seungcheol talked, hands too busy to pierce the sandwich and fed himself. Seokmin let out a sigh. 

 

“Again,” he muttered. He was kind of unenthusiastic for his boss’ liking. Right now, he was totally willing to go home, resting his body on the comfortable bed, out of the hustling around the card table and shouting of winning or losing. Yet he never knew, something could be a threat for ruining his wish to get back to his home early tonight.