Baking with Markson

Baking with Markson

“I look like a mom.” Jackson commented as he stared at his reflection in the mirror. 
“You are a mom.” Mark snorts, as he gestures for Jackson to turn around, tying the apron strings into a tight knot. 
“Whatever.” Jackson said, rolling his eyes. “Anyways, can we just start baking already?” 
“Sure.” Mark smiled, as he took out his phone. “Chocolate chip cookie recipe…” he murmurs, as he looks up the recipe on his phone. 
“Preheat the oven to 190 C°.” Mark reads off the phone. He eyes Jackson as he presses the buttons on the oven. 
“190 C°?” Jackson repeats. 
“Yeah.” Mark said, as he peered at the oven. “Got it?” 
“I Got Seven.” Jackson replied, causing Mark to burst into laughter. 
“Ok, ok, ok, what’s next?” Jackson asked. 
Mark, still giggling from Jackson’s joke, said, “Ok, put ¾ cups of sugar in the mixing bowl.” he instructed. 
As Jackson looked through the cupboards he saw a container full of white powder. He scooped ¾ cups into the bowl, “Next?” 
“Next is ½ teaspoon of salt.” 
Jackson sighed as he rummaged through the cupboards again, to find another container filled with white powder. He took half a teaspoon, dropping it into the bowl.
He spun around, staring at his boyfriend who was sitting at their dinner table. “Next?”

They continued to go through the list, with Mark intervening every now and then. 
“Wait, I’m going to this bit.” Mark said, as he stood up from his seat. 
Jackson stood aside for Mark, only for the boy to go to the refrigerator. He took out a carton of eggs, picking two of them. He then grabs an egg, cracking it into half, yolk falling gracefully into the bowl. 
Jackson stares dumbfoundedly at Mark. “You made me step aside… so you could crack an egg?!” 
“Yes.” Mark replied simply. As he cracked the other egg. 
“I am perfectly capable of cracking an egg.” Jackson said. 
“Oh I know.” Mark says. “But the phone said specifically that it only wanted the egg yolk.”
Jackson pouted at Mark, sending looks of disdain at the carton of eggs. Mark just smiled, quickly pecking Jackson on the lips. “Anyways, next is….”

After they finished mixing the dry ingredients, they decided to snack on some of the ingredients as they waited for the oven to finish preheating. 
“Jackson, stop eating the batter. You’ll get salmonella.” 
Jackson stops for a moment, staring at the bowl of raw ingredients. He shrugs it off, “Worth it.” 
Mark sighs as he continued to eat the chocolate chips.

Once the timer went off, the couple put the batch of cookies in. 
“Careful~” Mark cautioned, as Jackson put the tray of cookies in the oven. He shuts the oven door, setting the timer for 15 minutes.

(a..w..k..w...a..r...d…… s...i...l...e...n...c...e)

“Hey Jackson.” 
“What?” 
“You have something over here.” Mark said, pointing at Jackson’s lips. 
“Where?” 
Mark let’s out a sigh as he neared Jackson, placing his lips on his. When he pulls out of the kiss, he smiles, “Okay it’s gone." 
He left the younger by himself, as he returned to his phone scrolling through social media. Meanwhile, Jackson stared at the boy, a determined look on his face. Two can play that game.
“Hey Mark.” 
“Hm?” Mark hummed, glancing up from his phone.

Jackson didn’t even bother to make up an excuse, as he grabbed the elder by his collar, pressing his lips harshly against his own. Mark smiled in the kiss, as Jackson carried him onto the kitchen counter. He peppers the hazelnut haired boy with delicate kisses along his neck, at the bottom of his lips. Mark let’s out a moan as Jackson continues to persist, lips and tongue venturing deeper.

“Jack...son…” 
“Yes, babe?” Jackson asks, an evil grin on his face. 
“I think the cookies are ready….” he says, pointing at the vibrating phone, the screen presenting the words, Time’s Up! 
Jackson frowned, “But-” 
“No buts.” Mark said as he held onto Jackson, using him to slide off the counter and onto the floor. He put on his mittens on, opening the oven, the smell of freshly baked cookies wafted through the air.

As he got the cookies out, he left them on the counter to cool. He glanced at a sulking Jackson, who seemed to be pretty pissed about their cut makeout sesh. 
Mark kissed Jackson on the lips, “You know that once we finish these, we’ll be picking up right where we left off, right?” 
Jackson’s ears perked up, “Really?” 
“Of course.” Mark replied as he let the cookies cool. 
After a couple of minutes, Jackson let out an impatient sigh, “I think it’s cool enough.” he said. 
Mark pressed two fingers on top of the cookies; it was warm now. “I agree.” 
“Would you do the honors?” Jackson asks, handing Mark a cookie. 
Mark nods as he puts the cookie in his mouth, but rather than the distinct sweet taste of the cookie, he got a completely foreign taste. 
“So?” Jackson asks, “How does it taste?” 
Mark just stares at Jackson, trying to figure out what to say. He then leans into the younger, kissing him on the nose:

“Salty, just like you.”