CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

December 24th

"Oi, hyung! Did you break something again?" Jungkoook sighed when he saw Kim NamJoon sitting on the floor with boxes all over him.

The tall boy stood up and smiled at JungKook.

"Good morning to you too... Sorry if I woke you up. I'm okay don't worry. Go wash yourself, Jin hyung is making breakfast in the kitchen."

The maknae listened to the older boy and half asleep turned to the bathroom door knocking himself in it. NamJoon just laughed and began to open the boxes. Seconds later he found himself on the floor again.

"Why can't I have one, ONE normal morning..." said NamJoon while standing up for a second time. In front of him shamelessly stood Jimin and Taehyung laughing.

"Goooooood morniiiing hyung." sang the two boys with the melody of the oh-so-known song "We wish you a Merry Christmas".

"Stop playing around and go help Seokjin. Every day he is cooking for us and all you do is laughing jumping and breaking things..."

"Ooops, hyung, breaking things is your speciality." the two boys laughed even harder now but quickly took a turn to the kitchen when they saw NamJoon's morning grumpy face.

"I am so done with these kids" murmured the tall boy as he was moving the boxes in the living room.

The dorm was not as big as you would imagine. They had one big bedroom where all the boys were sleeping, a bathroom and a living room where was also the kitchen. There was enough space for everybody and the boys had made their own rules. It was cozy and comfortable and at the same time so simple.

"Joon can you please help me here? Lay the table ,will you?" said the oldest member of the group Jin who took care of everybody and everything.

NamJoon nodded and as he was going to the drawer to take a tablecloth he bumped into something or someone, this time managing to stay on his feet without falling again.

"Okay, this was on purpose... Why always me? What have I done? I did nothing wrong , so why the hell am I always breaking something, falling or bumping into someone?!?!?!" Joon pouted quietly while layin the table.

"Oi, NamJoon, sorry I didn't see you." Hoseok apologised.

"Ow, you didn't see me... Of course you didn't see me..."

Breakfast was ready and the boys sat impatiently on their chairs, ready to eat. Something was not right.

"Where's Yoongi?" Jin asked just when a mint-green head entered the room.

Suga was like a gloomy cloud every morning. He sat on his chair without saying a word and just stared at his plate.

"Oh no, he's going to fall asleep again."

NamJoon hit him under the table and the boy suddenly opened his eyes wide.

"Are you crazy, you tall..."

"Stop it, you two. We will now eat and after that decorate the dorm- tomorrow is Christmas." mama Jin saved the day again,

The breakfast was a rather quiet one except for the giggling of Jimin and Tae. It was somehow peaceful and family-like- NamJoon and Jin were the parents, Yoongi was the grumpy grandfather and the other four were their kids. Ah, what an irony!

As soon as they finished eating their breakfast, Taehyung impatiently jumped off his chair.

“Don’t tell me…” Jin facepalmed himself as he was washing the dishes.

“RINGA-RINGA-RINGA-LI RINGA-RINGA-RINGA LI…” Tae happily screamed and danced until seconds later JungKook took the remote control and bam! No music for Taetae.

“Don’t you think it would be a good idea if you expand your playlist a bit. I’m sick of listening to this every goddamn morning…” Yoongi pointed out. He was very sweet and everything but when he had the opportunity he was the biggest in the world.

Hoseok stood up from his chair and screamed as loud as he could.

“ARE YOU ING CRAZY, IT’S TEN IN THE MORNING AND YOU ARE ALREADY SCREAMING LIKE AN IDIOT.” Namjoon was absolutely pissed right now.

“I’m screaming because there sure isn’t any other way to get your attention. So, we shall now decorate our dorm for Chrstmas.”

Ah, what can I tell you, these boys just had no chill, except for Yoongi- he was the definition of chill…

So out seven heroes started decorating the dorm. Jin and Namjoon went to their shared bedroom with one of the boxes while Yoongi and Hoseok took care of the entrance hall and the stairs. Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung had the pleasure of decorating the christmas tree and the whole living room. Needless to say Taehyung just laid on the couch playing on his phone screaming from time to time “I’ll help you guys, give me a minute...” and continued with his very important task. Jimin rolled his eyes on the fifth time he heard the one-more-minute thing while Jungkook got really pissed and hit Tae on the back of his head making him drop his phone on the ground and, of course, failing the level he was so close to win.
“Know your place, maknae! What the are you doing?!?!?” the boy pouted looking at the big red LEVEL FAILED on his screen.
“TAEHYUNG, WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT SWEAR WORDS???” Jin’s voice echoed somewhere from the upper floor.
“I swear, these walls have ears..” Jimin said to himself and shivered at the thought that their dorm was haunted. Too many horror movies, Jimin, too many…

Jungkook stood in front of Taehyung, tapping angrily with his foot as he watched the boy pushing the button PLAY once again.

“Don’t look at me whle I play, I can’t concentrate.”

“Move your lazy and help!” the younger scoffed at his friend.

Jimin watched curiously at the two boys realising how funny the maknae looked when he was mad.

“Listen, you were born after me and you should be polite because I am your hyung.” Tae scoffed Jungkook.

“I don’t care who was born first, second or anything like that. Just get up and help Taehyung!” Jungkook then grabbed his phone and put it in his pocket.
Poor Tae, he felt like a part of his own hand was taken away. Either way he decided not to argue anymore because god knows Jungkook was stronger than any of them even though he was the youngest.

“I swear, after an year or two this boy will be a threat to all of us!” Jimin commented and continued with what he was doing.

 

While the maknae line was arguing, Jin and Namjoon had a quiet time on the upper floor.

Except the fact that Namjoon somehow managed to entangle himself in the Christmas lights for the nth time.
“Hyung...”

“Yes, yes, I’m coming.” Jin hurried to help the other who was struggling “I sometimes wonder how are you still alive, honestly.”

Both boys laughed and peacefully continued.

“Jin, thank you.” Namjoon suddenly turned to the boy and hugged him.
The older jumped at the unexpected skinship and blushed when he realised he was a breath away from Namjoon.
“Uhm, f-for what e-exactly?” the boy asked in a bit of a louder voice trying to mask his loud heartbeat.
“That you take care of us and love us even when we get on your nerves.” Namjoon hugged the boy even tighter and then released him from his grasp.

Jin felt somehow relieved now that the other was at least 30 centimeters away from him. (There had always been something about Namjoon that made him act all shy and like a girl in love.)

No, no, I’m not gay, I’m too pretty to be gay. Jin thought and chuckled.

“Stop laughing and help me!” Namjoon smiled at him with one of his perfect smiles and Jin’s heart skipped a beat.

I might be, actually…

The famous duo, SOPE, decorated under the beat of MINO’s song ‘Body’. The two rappers were so into the song that Yoongi stole the Christmas tree’s star and used it for a mic until angry Jimin jumped on his back and took it back. Hoseok closed his eyes and fell on the floor singing, clutching his t-shirt and finally going out of breath and shutting up.

“You would’ve been such a great actor.” Yoongi laughed, partly talking seriously.

“I know… But I WANTED TO DANCE!” Hoseok exclaimed with a vigorous dance move.

“You’re so annoying but i love you.” Yoongi admitted.

 

Just like that with laughter the time passed and dinner came. Since everybody had long done their tasks the maknae line, accompanied by Hoseok, played some FIFA, Namjoon and Jin prepared the dinner and Yoongi was nowhere to be seen- most probably sleeping or writing songs.

Soon the enormous wall clock struck 10pm and all the boys gathered around the big table full of food. Yes, Yoongi somehow dragged himself off the bed and actually came to celebrate Christmas.
Jin stood up with a glass of wine in his hand, cleared his throat and spoke.
“Boys… This is our fourth Christmas together as a band and as a bunch of best friends! We’ve been through a lot and-”
“Hin hyung, please just let us eat… We’re all grateful and but you kinda made Hoseok cry, you know he’s very emotional…” Taehyung said earning an angry look.

“First of all. I was talking and you interrupted me… Second of all- MIND YOUR LANGUAGE BOY.”

“God, you really are like one of those evil stepmothers in fairy tales.” Yoongi spoke  making everybody laugh.
“Okay, okay, I just wanted to say that I love you… That’s all. Let’s eat.” Jin said somehow in a hurry and dug right in.
Finally some peace and quiet. The only times all seven of them are quiet, are when they eat and when they sleep, even though the last was questionable since you can imagine how loud 7 boys snore.

The clock struck midnight and it was finally Christmas.
All of the boys wished each other Merry Christmas and began exchanging gifts. The night continued long past midnight and it was one of those unforgettable family memories.
Because that’s what they were- one big cohesive family that cared and loved each other more than anybody else.