Chapter two

The Truth.

“Dad…You better start explaining it” I look my dad right in the eye and with a lot of trouble I sit myself up “Right now.”

“Everyone out” My dad tells everyone to go out and he sits down next to me. He tries to take my hand, but I quickly lay my hands down in my lap “Dad… Before I make my own conclusion, please start talking.” I look at my dad and he seems like a stranger to me right now, siding with the Ghouls. How dare he. I feel anger boiling up, but he is my dad. I try to calm down, no I should stay open minded.

“Y/N this isn’t easy to explain. You are still weak”

“Dad, I am not weak. Don’t treat me like it” He gives me a weak smile and asks me what I remember “A couple came in, the guy trying to feed on the woman. Well that was what my instinct told me. But you told me to come up catch up a little. I came down, they were gone. So I went outside and found them behind the shop, in an alley. She was laying down I tried to help her up and the guy cornered us. Jungkook was impaled with some pipes. He tried to come free and then. The guy and I started fighting. I threw my knife into his eyes and he finally slowed down. But then tried to attack me and there is when Jungkook shielded me and… I out”

“Did you see..” My dad didn’t have to finish his sentence for me to know what he was asking “Yes I saw that Jungkook is a Ghoul.”

“I don’t know where to start explaining everything.” He looks troubled and I sigh… “dad he told me this shop was open since 2004. Why don’t you start there dad” He nods and takes a deep breath “Princess, know before I start. I love you” I nod and he gives me a smile

“2003 your mother past away, we always had a dream to open a coffee shop, so in 2004 I opened one. And since then it has become a certain safe haven for Ghouls. They come here to mingle a bit, to study them, to drink coffee and feel more human then.”

“Than the monsters they are.”

“Not all ghouls are bad.”

“They are, they are all monsters.” My dad shakes his head “that is only because you chase down the bad ones. There are good ones, you just have to be open minded of it.”

“So Mum and you knew about Ghouls and opened it for them? To help the ones that are good in your opinion”

“We did, your mom and I… We were saved a lot of time by good ghouls.” I take it all in and my dad seems to be contemplating something, but my thoughts drift back to Jungkook

“Are they all here Ghoul, Jungkook, Jimin, Hoseok…” My dad nods and I sigh.

“No wonder they all look at me with a certain amount of suspense and suspension.”

We have been both sitting down for a while in silence and I am not sure what to do. What am I supposed to do?  I have a duty to the organization to protect this world from the ghouls, so does that mean I am supposed to kill them as well.

“Where are you going?” I get up and dad hastily tries to hold me back, I shake his hand off “When I was 13 I asked you. Are Ghouls real and you lied to me. You knew, you know all so well.” I walk away from him, he follows me “Where is my bag that I brought here” He tells me that it is his office and I head towards there

“Y/N I was trying to protect you”

“Protect me!” I scoff and there is my bag I ignore the people there and open it, everything is in it “I was, I thought that was best for you”

“Best for me.” I feel my tone growing more and more sarcastic and cold “I was 13 saw that horrifying scene and you could have shown me this, tell me about it. But instead, you let me.” I try my best to stand up and I look at my dad “You wanted to fight them you said”

“No, you didn’t want to tell me about this.” I lean my bag onto the couch and my dad is looking at me frozen. “Pri-“

“Don’t.”

“You shouldn’t be too hard on you father, Hyungbin only wanted to help and prote-“ I look at the voice that is coming from left and I see Monroy trying to stand up for my father “You wanted to go to the academy”

“Yes because at 13 years old, you know best”

“He tried to help you” Monroy goes on and on “Well at least it has one good outcome” I can feel everyone looking questionable at me and in one swift move I get a knife out my bag and  I throw it in a  straight line to Monroy faces, planting in the wood right beside him. I see everyone looking at me in shock

“Don’t make me kill you” I smirk at him and before anyone can say anything the door flies open

“Where is she” ooh I feel my mouth falling open and I see Changmin trying to shake Jisu off him, he notices my father first, about to ask where I am he sees me and he quickly heads over to me

“Omg Y/N” He hugs me first before checking my face and scanning me from head to toe seeing if I am hurt anywhere. “I got the news that you were fighting someone” He cups my face before carefully hugging “I was so worried about you, I came as soon as I could”

“You don’t have to worry” He gives me a smile and scans the room and... I can hope that he doesn’t notice the knife, right? How am I going to explain that, if I tell him that they are Ghouls than...

“Did you.. that is your knife right?” He walks over to Monroy and pulls it out the wood “What did you do, that my girlfriend threw a knife at you”

“I got mad and I just lost control over my emotions, it was really my fault. I shouldn’t have lost control.”

“At least you didn’t hit him” I see him glaring down Monroy but luckily walks back to me to hand me my knife “I don’t go that much out control”

“I know, your aim is never wrong.” He gives me a slight chuckle and takes the bag from me “Do you want me to drive you home if of course, that is okay with you sir” He looks at my dad and he nods.

“Lets go” Changmin takes my bag, but he studies the rest of the boys, they are all avoiding his eyes. I lock eyes with Jimin and I can see that he is afraid.

I take Changmin's hand and he finally shifts his attention from them back to me. He holds me tight and together we leave.

 

  ~~~~~~~~~~ one week later ~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Aah are you not going in?” Jusi’s voice scares me and I see her smiling at me “The guys are also worried about you. Are you okay? I heard you got in some hell of a fight”

“I am okay, thank you” I give her a smile and she leaves.

I look at the shop and I can see Jimin and Taehyung working hard, smiling to the customers. Studying the way they are handling things, doing their job without losing their smile or even giving a grumble, now standing in front of the open door I am not sure whether to go in or not.. I look from Taehyung to Jimin and he is standing still. I look up and our gazes meet. He stops and a flair of panic seems to overcome him, he looks around, but then gives me a smile and a small nod. I look down about to walk in I hear a familiar voice

“Jimin I am here to relieve you” So it was him… He was the one talking to me, I look at Jungkook and he is talking freely to Jimin yet to notice me, but he must feel my gaze and turns around to meet mine. He stops talking and just looks directly at me, my mouth parts a little without me noticing and I can’t stop looking at him. His brown eyes staring directly at mine.

“Aah is that your girlfriend? She is very pretty” A customer makes us break eye contact. I look to the ground and the customer leaves and I politely greet him as well.

“Are you just going to stand there?” Jimin walks up to me and when I look past him, Jungkook has disappeared “Maybe, I am here to talk to my father”

“I will take you to him.” He gives me a warm smile “Are you okay?”

“I am okay” We walk up the stairs and he gives a small knock on the door “I will get going, see you soon?” I nod and he gives me a big smile, I stare at him as he leaves. You would never know that a kind person like him is a monster.

 

My dad is sitting down, while I roam off to stare at his picture frames. He has a lot of pictures with different people. I take one out and look at all the smiling faces, they all look so young here. “You have known them for quite some time I see”

“I have, they have grown up here.” I nod and put it back and take a picture of my mom him and I in my hands “It would have been nice if you spend that time with me as well...” I softly strike over my mom's image and I lay it down upside down on the table and I sit down to finally talk to my father.

“Changmin… As you know is one of the best, so he has a certain instinct when it comes to recognizing Ghouls.” My dad nods and he does look a bit worried “Don’t worry, I told him that was not the case, they were all humans. I have been lying to him for the past week, while he makes sure that I am okay. “

“I am sorry, I never wanted you t”

“To find out?” He looks down and I sigh “I don’t understand why you are doing this. Why you are running this shop when I first found out I was mad. You could have told me. Have shown me. But you let me... But I understand that you did what you did because it seemed what was best for me even though you don’t even share that view.”

“Y/N they are good people”

“Dad… They are Ghouls. I don’t understand how you can protect them, work with them, help them. They are monsters, but if I am going to lie to Changmin for the rest of my life. I will try to see what you see. I will try to convince myself that there are good ghouls that they are good and not the monsters I see them to be.”

“Thank you princess”

“You are my dad, I would do anything for you. So, working with monsters is nothing” He laughs a little, but then the door flies open.

“We are not monsters!!” Monroy stands there, his eyes completely turned and he seems so mad. He seems to be holding back, but can’t anymore with me chuckling a bit “Really? All I see is a monster”

“Youuu!” He burst into my direction and I easily avoid his attack. I take out a little dagger I hid behind my coat. He is heading for me again and tries to hit, me I avoid and before he can release his Kagune I push him out the door. He catches his fall, but before we can do anything else someone holds us back. Jimin has Monroy pushed against the wall and is soothing him down, while a hand is holding on to my dagger. I see some blood forming at his hand, he stopped me from piercing Monroy through. I look at the hand and it is Jungkook, he avoids my gaze and is looking to at the ground. He slowly lets go and I lower the dagger.

“The only reason you are still breathing is because of your dagger”

“really? I don’t see a scratch on you, I fought you with my own hands. I wanted to use the dagger, the only reason I haven’t is thanks to them.” I throw the dagger into the floor “You think I need a weapon to kill you. You aren’t the first Ghoul I have killed and you won’t be my last”

“Y/N, he has learned his lesson” My dad shows up and he looks mad, he calms me down and I crack my neck “Aah and all of this when I am going through so much trouble.” My dad gives me a warning look and I stop with talking.

“No fighting here. Both of you. Y/N will work here, I hope everyone will be able to get along. You two apologize” I look at my father but he looks really mad so I apologize, so does Monroy seems that he has some sense of respect towards my father.

“Y/N why don’t you head down stairs to work for the day.” I nod and look at my dagger and back to Monroy “You can keep it, as a reminder I know that you are a monster”

 

 

“Have a nice day” I bid the customers farewell and head back to the counter. I look at Jungkook who is cleaning tables and for some reason, he is wearing sunglasses, the sun isn’t shining that bright though.

“You were not hurt?” Jimin pops up to my right and I shake my head “He is strong though” He nods, I know that earlier I shouldn’t have said those things. I was mad, angry. Not necessarily at them, more at my father and myself. 

“I am sorry if I hurt your feelings earlier” Jimin gives me a appreciated smile and looks outside to the people passing by

“Don’t worry too much about it. I am used to it.” He gives me a sad smile “But I hope to change your mind.” I nod and he leaves again to help someone.  I am not sure why but I hope they do too.

 

 

Jungkook POV

 

While washing some dishes I sneakily steal a glimpse of her. I never expected her to show up again. Sure with some other investigators, here to slaughter us all. Jimin is standing next to me and he is studying her as well. He has been so strong willed about trying to change her mind. About making her see that we are all trying to be more like humans than the monsters we are out to be made.

“She is strong” Jimin whispers and I nod, she took Monroy on her own and she still stood standing “Very strong” Jimin seems to be thinking but she walks back to us so he quickly shuts up.

“Is your hand okay?” I nod and I can feel her gaze on me and I hear her whisper to herself of course, he is a ghoul. I can’t help but feel an aching pain from her words “Not all of us get to make a choice about that” she looks taken back by my words and even Jimin looks flustered “Lets not fight.” He tries to keep the peace and luckily a new couple walks in and they want to order “I have them” Y/N leaves and Jimin leans in a bit

“Are you okay? You are usually never anything close to rude” I sigh and let the sponge fall into the water “Her words can sometime just feel like a knife” He nods and chuckles

“That is because she doesn’t understand. Or at least, she has had one sided view about us since she was 13. She works for the investigators, I think that right now she is confused. “ listening to Jimin’s words I look at Y/N and he might be right. I don’t know how she might be feeling. I don’t know how I would if I was in her shoes.

“Jungkook I do think that you are the only who can understand though.” Jimin gives me a sad smile and I nod “Although I have no idea what she is feeling right now. I didn’t expect her to come back.”

“She had to. Her father is the only family she has left.” We both look at her and it isn’t going to be easy. But if Yoongi can work for the investigators while being one of us, surely, she can understand.

 

One month has passed of her working her and we have all warmed up to her more. They aren’t squawky around her anymore. They try to be themselves and she is also trying to be less closed. I look at there and she is playing with a child and she smiles brightly when the child gives her a hug.

She has a smile that makes you smile as well and here and there if you lucky you see one from time to time. I put back my glasses and continue working.

“Still wearing those ridiculous glasses” Taehyung pats me on the back and he shakes his head “How do you see properly trough them. Or… Are your eyes hurting?”

“No…No I am fine” He goes with his hand through my hair and gives me a little nudge “you could just wear your eye patch, you always did, why the sudden change?” 

“Because she is here” Namjoon tells Taehyung off, but he seems to be interested now

“Are you interested in her? I saw her first though” Namjoon laughs “You are most likely to lose a finger or two if you don’t watch out with her” We all laugh a little and Taehyung looks a bit annoyed

“You think she would know?” Namjoon shakes his head, but I am confused, know what?

“She doesn’t know that her father has based his character on Jungkook. Or on this. So don’t tell her Taehyung. It should come from her dad or Jungkook”

“Why from Jungkook?” Tae scuffs and Jin hits the back of his head “He meant telling about Jungkook you idiot” We all laugh and Taehyung and Jin play fight a little. They always know how to make me crack a smile, I look up and Y/N is looking at us. She notices me looking and her little smile disappears and she quickly looks away. Making me happy. She might be starting to see us more as humans than monsters.

 

One more month has passed and soon we will be celebrating the new year. We have now known Y/N for about two months, but yet we know so little about her. Except of course the stories that we have been told. Once again, she is working hard, trying not to judge anyone by being ghouls or not.

“What are-“ Hoseok doesn’t finish his questions and follows my gaze “Don’t you think she finally is seeing Ghouls less as monsters”

“You know she even helped one last week”

“What?” I can’t believe what he is saying and he explains that one of his friends, who is also a Ghoul, was being bullied. So, he came here asking for advice when Y/N over heard him and helped him as well. “She was being so kind” Hoseok looks with what seems some respect and admiration at her “I never thought she could ever be like that, but she looked past the fact that he wasn’t human and treated him equally”

“Wow” I look back at her and she is helping a kid what seems to be a reading problem. I can’t help, but smile. She tried so hard to hide it, but it is clear. She is a kind person, warm, gets hurt easily. Although she tries to hide who she is by acting cold, after a few months we finally saw who she really is. We might not know her yet, but for me that is perhaps even knowing her better.

“Stop looking at her and just go and talk to her.” Yoongi appears next to me and hands me a cup of coffee “She has been working the entire day, hasn’t skipped a day for the past months. She needs to take a rest.”

 

I carefully walk up to her and she does really look tired, drained almost. She stands up, but a bit too fast. I carefully catch her with my free hand and pull her close to me. Her eyes are looking in shock at me and I am so happy that she can’t see my eyes.

“Here, sit” I put the cup of coffee down and let her go. Her warmth and scent still lingering. She sits down and I sit down opposite of her.

“Thank you” She is still looking at me and then focusses her attention to the cup of coffee and takes a sip and she seems to have been in need of it “Just a second” I head back to the counter and all the boys are watching. I quickly grab to sandwiches and head back to Y/N

“Here, eat this” I carefully push her cup of coffee a bit to side and set the plate with the sandwiches in front of her.

“you..” she stops talking and just looks to the sandwiches and back to me, I can see that her eyes have welled  up tears. She takes a bit and I smile. “You shouldn’t be over working. Don’t forget to eat and rest from time to time.” She puts her sandwich down and studies my face.

“Thank you” 2 simple words, but with her little smile, rosy cheeks. They suddenly seem to mean a lot, seem to be more than just 2 words.

“How do you like working here?” She first looks back at me, before looking down and I am not sure why but it seems like a certain sadness has come over her.

“You all have been welcoming and accepting of someone who hasn’t worked in a coffee shop before, so that made a bit more comfortable of working here.”

“really? Ahh well no problem, but you are to kind.” She takes another bite of her sandwich, looking at me with questionable eyes “I don’t think we have helped you enough, neither been welcoming. Some might have been even a bit afraid of you” I say the last bit a tat softer and lean a bit towards her. She smiles at me and her eyes light up a bit as well

“There.”

“What?” I study her face and she is looking at me confused, scared that perhaps she got something on her face, since she is suddenly swiping corners. “that smile.”

“My smile?”

“It is hard do see you smile like that.” I stand up and I am glad she can’t see my eyes, otherwise she already would have seen how nervous I am “I like to see you smile like that.” I walk back to the guys and I can feel her eyes on me.

 

 

Y/N POV

I see all the boys looking from Jungkook to me, but I don’t care. I look at him leaving the shop and stopping to take a breath and quickly to walk on. He must have been very nervous to say that to me. I stare back at my cup of coffee and I try to calm myself down as well. I shouldn’t forget he is a Ghoul. They are Ghouls. Ghouls are the enemy. Monsters.

 

“Y/N Why don’t you take a break?” Yoongi approaches me and he sits down opposite of me “I heard you have been busting your of for the past months.”

“You make it sound like I have been working 24/7, what isn’t the case” He chuckles but then looks dead serous at me “Y/N since the last time I saw you, you have lost so much weight. You look tired. Just..” He leans in and continues to whisper “For the work that we do you have to be strong. So, don’t make yourself to tired and weak in the meantime. “

“I know.” Yoongi gives me an encouraging smile and I stand up “the shop closes in one hour” I tie my apron again and Yoongi shakes his head

“you are truly stubborn.”

 

I am finishing up and the boys have gone upstairs and it is just Hoseok and I. We are both cleaning and luckily there are no more customers. I crack my neck and my back is starting to hurt. Well almost done.

“I am done cleaning the counter, can I help?” Hoseok looks a bit worried at me and I shake my head “I am also almost done. Why don’t you go” he nods, but before heading up looks at me “thanks for helping my friend.” I am surprised by his thanks and he gives me one of his smiles before heading up.

 

“Here, give it to me” I feel to hands slowly taking the broom from me and before I can object he has pulled out a chair for me and slowly, but yet steadily sits me down. I watch as Jungkook continuous to sweep the floor, with a steady tempo. Still wearing his sunglasses.

“You don’t have to” I try to stand up, but it seems like my body is rejecting and I feel myself falling, but instead of the floor I am yet again pressed up against him. His strong arm catching me and holding me tight.

“Are you okay?” He looks worried at me, well his expression does at least. He slowly let me go and I feel a certain feel of regret going alone with it. He sits me down again and kneels down in front of me. “Are you dizzy? Hungry? I could make you a nice sandwich”

“No, no I am fine. You don’t ha-“ I am interrupted when my stomach makes the loudest most awful sound ever. I feel myself sink into the floor and Jungkook is even looking at me in silence, before laughing so loud. I start to relax as well and before I release we are both laughing hard.  “I will make you that sandwich. Please just stay put.”

He comes back with his homemade sandwich and sits down opposite of me. I carefully start to eat his sandwich and it tastes great. “wow it is great” I give him an embarrassed smile. I don’t want him to think I was expecting it to be gross since.. He gives me a proud and satisfied smile.

“Good, eat quickly then and if you are hungry let me now. I can always prepare you a sandwich.”

 

 

 

A few days have past and here we are again. It is dark outside and Jungkook is walking towards me holding a plate with sandwiches. I can’t help but smile at him as he proudly presents it at me. “Thank you” I thank him and he gives me a big bunny smile “I told you to stop telling me thank you~” I nod, but he also knows that tomorrow when he makes me that sandwich I will say thank you, like I have for the past days.

Jungkook is finishing my choirs, when I sit here and enjoy the nice meal he prepared for me. I would try to object, but the past days have taught me, that it has no use to object to him. When he sets his mind to something he will complete it. While eating I study him a bit more, broad back, muscles everywhere. From the picture taken in 2011 he has gotten a lot broader. Only thing that remained was his bunny smile.  We have been spending every evening like this, talking, me eating, him doing my choirs. But I have gotten to know him a lot better. We have gotten a lot closer, so close that I always forget what he is.  I find myself reminding me that they are monsters more and more often. Too often.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Jungkook unites his apron and sits down, giving me a slight smile. Ooh I wish he would remove his sunglasses. So, I could see what he was thinking, I could look him in the eye. He still wears them, I don’t know why.

“That night when you saved me from that Ghoul” He nods and I try to read his face. I have become good at that. I don’t need to see his eyes to think what he is feeling, but it would make it easier and nicer.

“When I was unconscious I heard a voice talking to me. Shushing me, telling me that he is right here. That he will protect me. Not to dream badly, telling me stories. Fairy tales if I am correct” He hasn’t moved and he looks caught, probably freaking out what to say, hoping I don’t know. “aah doesn’t matter, does it. I thought perhaps you would know who it is, but you probably don’t. “ He seems to be relieved “Anyway I am grateful to that person though. The fact that he would stay every night to keep me company, I hope to thank him one day, tell him that he helped me a great deal.” I see a little smile appear on his lips and now I am sure, it was indeed him. I smile as well. I didn’t get to tell him that I know that it is him, but at least he is this way at ease and I got to thank him.

 

After I thanked him it seems we have gotten even closer. Also with the rest of the guys, as if he is telling them too make more of an effort. Today I have been asked how I am so many times I might be going crazy.

“Y/N, I am taking over, you can take a break” Namjoon shows up beside me and I nod, take of my apron and he is giving me a bright, big smile “Are you finally ready to accept the help we are offering you?”

“I guess so, is a start for everything isn’t there” He nods and joyfully heads to a table that wants to order. I look after him and he is right, I guess I am finally ready to accept their help.

I bump into Jungkook when I walk up the stairs and he quickly places his hand behind my back to make sure I don’t fall. “Do you want something to eat?” I nod and I feel my cheeks burning a bit up. “good, why don’t you go up the roof, I will be back soon” He slowly removes his hand from my back and head further downstairs and gives me one last smile before closing the door behind him.

“Aah Y/N!” My thoughts are interrupted when I hear Jimin’s cheery voice from up the stairs. I walk closer to him and he is giving me a big smile  “Finally taking a break a see”

“Yes I am..” We chat a little and he accompanies me to the rooftop.

“Jimin can I ask you a question”

“Yeah, sure you can” he leans against the door and gives me an encouraging smile “Why is Jungkook always offering me to eat something?”

“Why you don’t like it?” I shake my head “I like it, but I was just wondering “I think you should ask him. Besides, I don’t think I can answer it correctly” He pushes himself of the wall and gives me some kind of salute “I hear he is coming, have fun” He runs off and indeed I see Jungkook holding up two cups of coffee in one hand and in the other my sandwiches.  

“Here let me take this” I take a cup of coffee of the other and open the door.

“We can sit here, the view is amazing from here” Jungkook and he leads the way with a smile

 

“Here” He lends his hand out for me to take and helps me sit down next to him. He hands me my sandwiches and in silence we start to eat. Well I do… “You really make nice sandwiches”

“Thank you haha I like making them for you” He blushes a little and quickly takes a sip of his coffee. He continues to talk to me about the nice sky, I look at it as well and he right. The undergoing colors of the sun is nice.

“We have seen a lot of sunrises together, if you think about it” He gives me a shy smile and now that I think about it.. He is right. We have, all the time we had to start early, we saw the sun rise together. Talking about the nice colors.

“I like them more” I study the colors and it does look nice “So do I” Jungkook chuckles a little and this does seem like the right time to ask him.

“Jungkook…” He looks into my direction and slightly nods “I was just wondering, why are you always offering to eat together? It is not that I mind at all, I was just… I was just wondering.” I look down and when I look back at him, he is looking ahead. Slightly smiling, yet it is more of a sad smile.

“It is a… I like to see you eat. It makes me…Perhaps it makes me feel a bit more human in a certain way. I miss that...” He coughs a little “It is makes you feel a bit uncomfortable, then you”

“No, no..” I give him a warm smile and I can see that he is happy to hear that “I doesn’t make me uncomfortable at all” We continue to chat and before me know it, it has already gone dark.

“I think I should go home” I get up and Jungkook nods “Are you going home today?” I have been staying here as well since the past days, since dad is also here 24/7.

“Yes I have to pick up some stuff from home”

We head back, putting everything back downstairs. I see Jungkook talking to Taehyung and I can’t help but smile. I say bye to some other costumers and head outside.

It has already become so dark outside, I hear a weird sound coming from my left side. I usually don’t get cared, I mean I literally fight monsters. But it just feels a bit strange right now...  I take a look around and there is no soul to see, maybe I am imagining things?

I hear someone approaching form behind me and I try to speed up, but this person does as well. Okay no running then, I stop and swing my arm backwards to hit this person in the head. Instead I hit air and with the force of my swing I find myself turning. My legs twisting up and I lose my balance.

“Oooh” Two arms catch me and pull me back up “Look out” I recognize his cologne and Jungkook chuckles a little “Was a nice swing, glad you missed me though”

“Oppa..” being held so closely to him, I can’t help but feel flustered…again… “I am glad it is you” I slowly step back and he is still wearing his sunglasses. “Yes, it is so dark and I didn’t think it would be safe for you to walk outside alone. It is dangerous outside”

He looks around and he seems to notice something, his facial expression hardens a bit and he takes my hand “Lets go” He runs and slurs me with him until I catch up to his speed.

Before I know it, we are already standing before my house and I bump into him by him abruptly stopping.

“You can come in as well” I open the door a bit further for him and he is hesitating he looks nervous “It is fine, don’t worry about it” I take his hand and practically slur him inside. When he inside, he closes the door behind him and he is looking a bit flustered at our hands. I feel my cheeks burning up as well and quickly let go.

“I will just grab my things” I turn on the lights “It will only take a second!”  I quickly head up to my room and take some stuff from my room. I head back downstairs and Jungkook is still standing in the exact same spot or at least that is how it seems.

“Do you have everything?” I nod and quickly check if every door and window is closed “Lets go” He smiles at me, but before turning the knop of the door he looks at me nervously, opens his mouth only to close it again.

“Y/N do you… I really like to draw” I nod and he shyly asks if I do too “I like to draw too, maybe one day I will even show them to you” He chuckles and while opening the door he opens his mouth again “There is an artist that I really like and maybe you.. Seeing that you really like to draw as well, would you like to.. Maybe go and... Go and see the artist?”

“Ooh..” I feel my heart skipping a beat by him asking this question and he is still looking so nervous at me “I would like that”

“Really? Aahh great” He is showing me his bunny smile and holds the door open for me “Ladies first”

“Ooh well thank you” I give him a little smirk and he closes the door behind me and takes the key from my hand to lock the door. He is still smiling and walks back to me and side by side we walk back. I do wish I could see his eyes, wearing his sunglasses. I do wish to see his eyes… We walk on and his hand softly brushes against mine, the starts shining bright above us. The starlight shining lightly trough the trees.

Jungkook suddenly stops and I turn back to look at him. He pauses and gives me a quote from some poet. He stares to the stars and dictates a poet at me, after he is done dictating the poem to me he looks at me and it almost feels like his eyes are directly looking into mine.  

 

  

Jungkook POV

 

Dates, does anyone really know how to dress for them? I plop down on the bed and I try not to let my frustration not to get the best of me. In 2 hours Y/N and I are going to see the artist, but… I stand up in front of the mirror again. This is okay, right? Just jeans, with a white button up, normal jean jacket. Ugh…

“Wow… Why are you all dressed up?” Jimin peaks past the door and he does make me jump a little, he studies me a bit more “you are going on a date. Omg…You asked Y/N out!”

“I did, calm down.” I try to shush him down and he locks his lips and sits down onto my bed

“Where are you taking her?” I explain to him where I am taking here and he nods proudly “I am not sure why, but I am so excited for you. You are going to kill it. You look great. She will look great. Just be yourself”

 

I repeat Jimin’s words over and over and it seems to calm me down in a certain way. I knock on her door and she opens it before I can knock a third time. I am literally starring right at her and I am once glad that I am wearing my sunglasses.  “Seems like you were waiting for me”

“I did expect some to pick me up at this hour if I remember correctly” I laugh at her cheekiness and extend my arm for her, she takes it with a smile and like this we start our date.

“He was so good! No wonder he is your favorite artist!” We just finished seeing him and I am a bit bumped I didn’t take anything with me for him to sign. But it was nice to spend that time Y/N the way her eyes light up at the same things when mine did is a nice thing. Nice to have someone you have something in common with.

“Shall we get some coffee to drink here” Y/N points at some coffee shop and before I can answer she takes my hand and takes me inside. I watch her order for us and it does feel nice. After ordering she looks back at me and she gives me a warm smile.

“Jungkook, you never talk about your parents or your family” We are both holding the warm cups of coffee and I nod “I lost them when I was younger. My dad died when I was very young and my mom died later.”

“I am sorry…” She takes my hand and softly caresses my hand. I haven’t seen her look at me that way. Soft, almost in an understanding way, like she knows exactly how I feel. What exactly does make sense, since she lost her mom as well.

“How did you lose your mom? You never talk about her as well, what was she like”

“Well what I remember from her, she had a certain vibe around her. She was kind, but she felt also a bit elegant. The way she dressed. She was always prepared to help someone.” I give her a warm smile and also squeeze her hand lightly. “She sounds like you”

“you think?” I nod and she smiles proudly “I would like to be”

 

“Did you have a nice time today?” We are on our way back now and she nods “I really loved spending time you. I hope you did too” 

“I did… I really did” I stumble a bit over my words, but hearing her laugh a little makes me feel a bit better about it. I look at her while she walks a little before me, the way I have gotten to know her you never would have guessed what she does for a living. To me she isn’t an investigator, to me she is Y/N. Just a girl, a girl whom I am falling in love with. And who is hopefully also falling in love with.

 

“Y/N would you like to go on another date with me?” She twirls around to face me and I feel my heart beating in my chest. “I would” She twirls back and takes me hand “We should hurry back though, it is already late and we have to work early” I nod and together we run again hand in hand.

 

“Why are you looking so baffled?” Jimin scares me and the guys are all looking at me

“Oee he is back from his date! At this hour” The guys are all making sounds

“Yes I am back...” I lay down on my bed and stare up the ceiling. I can’t help but smile by the thought of her hands again. She said so easy that she wanted to go on another day. “Why that smile”

“Aah just thinking” I respond to Hoseok hyung and he nods “Thinking huh, bet we all know of what or should I say whom” Everyone laughs and I turn onto my stomach, telling the guys to stop. I hug my pillow; how could I help not to think about her.

“We just talked about everything, about our hobbies and just what we wanted to do” I follow Jimin around and he turns around and looks annoyed at me “Jungkook you have been talking my ears of every second that we have been together. Yes, I know she is great, she is pretty, she has pretty eyes, soft hands, careful I might fall in love with her if you continue to talk about her”

“WoohWooh, I already called dips” Taehyung pops up behind me, arms throw over my shoulder and clicks his tongue.  “All mine” He checks Y/N out and smirks a little before I hit him.  He hides behind Jimin, but now they are both checking her out. “ Stop it!” I quickly walk to Y/N and sneak up behind her, giving her a quick back hug

“Wahh… Jungkook why the pleasant surprise?” She chuckles a little and I can’t help but smile

“Pleasant huh” She nods and she turns to face me “A pleasant one, so why?” I look over my shoulder and I see the guys still lurking, she follows my gaze and she looks at me with a raised eyebrow “Jealousy, huh”

“Not jealousy, I just.. I just wanted them to stop checking you out” I play with my hands and she softly puts her hand on top of mine “Mission accomplished”

We spend the rest of the day working and when it is around dinnertime I don’t see Y/N, usually she would be helping everyone, doing the dishes. I help someone with their order and from the corner of my eye I see someone making some kind of motion, I take a sneak peek in that direction and I see Y/N she is waving at me and is signaling me to come to her. “What is their order?” Jin hyung takes the order from me and taps me on the shoulder “Better take your apron off.” I follow his request and he takes it from me before encouraging me to go. I walk towards her and she is extending her hand to me, I take it and she pulls me a bit closer before heading off with me.

“So why this surprise? Pleasant surprise”

“It is our next date, well kind of date” Swinging our hands back and forth she gives me a warm smile. We stop to get some coffee and sit down on a bench in the park. I look around and it looks so beautiful. The sun is going down, under the trees, leaves falling down. I don’t have a camera to take a photo of her so I use my phone instead. Luckily, she doesn’t notice and she looks sneakily at me “I have a surprise for you, close your eyes” I close my eyes and I hear some ruffling seems like she is getting something out of her bag “Okay extend your hands” I do as she asks and I feel her placing what feels like a book, in my hands “I used to read this a lot, it is ehm..” I open my eyes and indeed a book is lying in my palms. I does look like she has read it a lot, but I am not sure why I am holding it right now

“When we went yesterday to see the artist, I couldn’t find something in time, so I packed my book and I had it signed.” She opens it and right next to the Foreword is his signature written out to me.  “I thought you might forget to bring something to sign and I was right. So I had this signed for you”

“What?” I softly over the signature and then softly lean in to kiss her. I press my lips softly on to y/n’s soft lips and then quickly pull away. What am I doing... I look in a bit of shock at Y/N and she is blushing, but then take my hand. “I am glad you like it”

“Don’t you want to have it? It is your”

“No, it is yours.” I am speechless I look back at Y/N and she is still blushing. “I love it… Thank you”

“New years is almost here, do you have any plans yet?”

“emm…” Y/N falls silent and looks a bit lost in thought “No nothing yet” she gives me a smile, but it is clear that she is just doing that to hide another emotion she is feeling by saying that sentence.

“Well the boys and I are going to celebrate with everyone there, you should join us. It would be nice to start the new year with you”

“I would really like that.”

 

We arrive back home and I neatily as it is expected from a guy dropping of his date, set Y/N off in front of her door. I watch as she softly closes the door. I laugh, holding the book closely to me. After closing the door behind me, I jump up and down.

Oohh this date was… I still feel my heart beating so fast. I hold the book closer and I hear my heart thumping. Is this how it truly feels like?

Falling in love. Is this what it is like?

 

Y/N POV

I close the door behind me and start to prepare to go to bed. My heart beating fast I am laying down. I can’t sleep, to excited. Nervous. Happy. Thinking back to Jungkook, my heart keeps on skipping a beat. The way he just determinedly, but yet shy leaned in to kiss me.

Oohh… I feel my cheeks blushing again and I sit up again.

My thoughts wonder off to other things and an unwanted feeling sneaks up on me. I stand up and walk towards my bookcase, picking out one particular photo frame. Changmin and I, it was taken by one of our friends. We were holding up looking at the sun fading by the sea. A nice picture, a nice memory. What leads me to a less nice more recent memory

 

“Tell me you didn’t know.” Changmin looks mad, like really mad. And I don’t know what to say “Please tell me that you didn’t know that they are ghouls. “He kneels down in front of me and he almost seems desperate at this point. I can’t even look him in the eye anymore. I hate to see him like this. I… I don’t know how to make this situation any better.

“Y/N?” I look up and I meet his gaze and he sighs. Looking down and nodding his head he stands up “Changmin.. I..” He looks at me and he almost looks betrayed.

“I can explain” He nods and looks anticipating at me “I was… When I was attacked, Jungkook he”

 “He saved you.” I nod and Changmin still looks confused at me “Why didn’t you tell me? I asked you that day, that entire week! I asked you for the past months!”

“I didn’t want you to…”

“You just let me believe that I was losing my mind…” He nods and sighs again “Y/N… I am done. I am done. You lied to me for the past weeks, months. To what? Become friends with them? You didn’t even tell me, I had to find out..” He stops and bites his tongue

“Changmin… I just..” I don’t know what to say anymore to him. I want to hold him, but I know that won’t make anything better “You can wear nice shoes now” He walks out and I…. I sit down again… I can’t… I wipe my tears away.. And the slamming door scares me a bit… He is really done…

 

I put the picture frame back, I know he was mad. And when he gets mad he says things he doesn’t mean. But he said he was done. So…

But I just can’t help it.. Why is part of me feeling so damned guilty..  Perhaps because… I know he still cares for me and I… I feel my heart skipping a beat again, just by the thought of him. Because I am falling in love for someone else and he is still….

I sit down on my bed… What do I do… I still care for Changmin, I do…

But I am falling for Jungkook… And while listening to my loud hearbeat I fall  a sleep. Lets just take one problem at a time. Lets just start with figuring out how to get to new years and how to handle the coming year.