Chapter one

The Truth.

2011

 

"Don't be out late!"

"I won't be, Dad!" I quickly sprint off when my father looks worried at me when I run off to meet my friend. I am so excited to see this movie and the day is finally here. I know I am supposed to avoid these dark alleys and it does make my stomach turn when I think about passing through them, but the fastest way to him is through them.

"Don't be a ." I tie my shoelaces again and I try to convince myself to go through them "You run fast, really fast." I crack my neck and I sprint for it, I jump over some garbage cans and I am half way there, I can already see the light!

"help..." Wait... I abruptly stop and take a closer listen. Yes, there is it again. It sounds like someone is crying out for help. I look at the end of the alley, should I just... I hear the cry for help one more time and oooh...

Before I change my mind, I follow the sound and I call out for the person. She responds and I run off to her ticking down on something. But the sound suddenly stops and it now sounds like this person is struggling, perhaps fighting something off! I run faster and I yell out for the person, the sound of the struggle dies down and it seemed like I scared he animal off.

"Here!" I quickly turn and there she is lying down. I quickly head down into this alley and I kneel down beside him. He seems to be badly hurt. I carefully strike her died hair out of his face and I try to see if she is awake, but his eyes are shut.

"Hi, are you okay?" I try to talk to him, but she doesn't respond "Ooh please tell me you are not dead." I carefully take a look at her wounds and there are some ugly bites on her back and legs.

I hear her moan and I have never been happier to hear that. I lean and she is mumbling something "You will be fine, okay? You will be fine." I take out my phone and quickly call the police. They are on their way and they advised me to talk to her.

"I am Y/N, nod if you can hear me okay?" She nods and I can't help but smile "Okay okay, I was on my way to see a movie. Do you like movies?" She nods again, but by her even slightly moving more blood spills out of her wounds.

"Okay don't move too much, okay?" I rip some fabric of my linen jacket and press it down lightly onto one of her wounds that seems to be de deepest. She lets out a little moan and I try to distract her to talk to her about some other movies.

I try to tear off more of my jacket and I do my best to dress her wounds on her legs. I lift up the piece of linen I laid down on her back and the bite that has been taken out of there is enormous.

"What attacked you?" She tries to tell me, but she can't "easy." I study her wounds and the outlines... It seems... "A dog?" She shakes her head and fear is to be seen in her eyes "It reminds me when a classmate once bit another class mate on accident, but the outlines seem the same. How weird?

“gh-“ She tries to talk again and she suddenly looks so scared and she looks past me, she points past me and she mouths out something “Ghoul?” She nods and I look past me, seeing two red stipes in the dark.

What? I feel fear overcome me, what kind of wild animal is this? “Ssh…Ssh… It is just an animal” I try to calm her down, but her eyes are just full of fear, I take a piece of wood from nearby and stand up.

“Go away!” I shout out to the animal, but I hear some laughter in return. A loud bang from my side and before I know, I am flying through the air and I land somewhere and it all goes black.

 

“Princess” I hear my dad beside me and he softly caresses my cheek “Doctor she is awake!”

I open my eyes once again “Y/N Follow the light please” I follow the light the doctor is holding up and I carefully follow the next things he asks me.

“Okay, the police will be in next to ask you some questions”

“Police, she is still too weak” My dad steps in and the doctor agrees with him. They leave to discuss with the police, to apparently convince them to let me be.

 

I try to think back of what happened, but my head hurts so bad. I close my eyes and I drift of back to sleep.

 

Aahh I feel someone hit me from the side and I hit the wall and land on my back. Everything goes black for a while, but when I hear the girl scream I open my eyes and I turn on my stomach. I can’t see completely yet, a bit fogy but I see something attacking her. She is so helpless just crying for help.

I try to move closer to her and I try to throw a stone at them. My sight becomes a bit clearer and I see something standing up, walking towards me. The red dots coming closer, one attacking the girl.

I see someone kneeling down next to me, some growling sounds, but they scare away when the police arrive and I crawl closer to the girl. She isn’t making any sounds anymore, she isn’t even moving anymore. She...

 

“Wake up!” I feel my dad tugging at my shoulders and I finally open my eyes, sweat dripping. My dad hugs me and tells me it is okay, it is all over now.

“What were you dreaming about?”

“I wasn’t dreaming dad…” He looks confused at me, but before I can continue it the police enters “Keep it short” They try to make my dad leave, but he clearly states he isn’t going anywhere.

“Can you tell us what you remember?”

“I... I was going to my friend to see a movie, we have been talking about seeing it for months” I try to tell them everything I remember but when it comes to the attack I don’t remember much

“did she give any inkling to what attacked her?” A guy in a suit asks me and I think back “When I asked her she said Ghouls” I say it hesitantly “But that can’t be true.” I look at my dad and he pale, so pale. He tries to shake it off and he just nods.

 

“Here princess” I am so happy to arrive back home. My dad has the entire house cleaned, even set down a banner saying welcome home. A cake and he holds it up, with a big smile.

“Thank you, dad” I give him a big hug and he cuts me a big slice

“I am so happy you are finally home. Don’t scare me like that again” I take a big bite, but my dad also gives me a proud smile “I am proud of you, ooh so proud” He holds my hand and his smile turns a bit sad “You are so like your mother, strong willed.”

“But also like you dad, always helping others. Seeing the best in people.” He smiles brightly, but end ups coughing. I quickly get his medicine and hand him his water “You should take care of your health dad”

“How can I when I spend all my time worrying about you” I laugh and we sit down to eat some cake.

“Dad can I ask you something?” He nods and I am a bit afraid to ask him this, because if I do, it might... “Dad the anime you have been writing”

“Yes, what about it?”

“Is it true? About the Ghouls?” My dad puts down his fork and looks at me, smiles and shakes his head “Why do you ask?”  

“The girl that was attacked, she said that attacked her” He grabs my hand and denies the existence of it, but why do I feel like he is lying to me. That he is hiding something?

 

What attacked you? I dream off again and I see her lying down again, her pointing down the alley and I see the red dotes before me.

The thing attacking her, the thing... my eyes focus and I see a man eating out of her. I feel myself freezing and I see red dotes staring straight into my eyes. Forming a face before me “What are you?” His voice cutting into my ears, he leans in more and sniffs around me.

The police comes, but before they leave, I see some man attacking the one eating the girl. The other guy looks still at me and defleats an attack on him, without even moving. I feel myself moving back a bit and he finally smiles at me before leaving.

I look back at the girl and I see the holes in her, I feel my entire body shaking while I move closer to her, please don’t be dead. But when I move closer the only thought I have for her are please be dead.

 

“Waaah!!” I open my eyes and the horror of the girl be eaten before me. I can’t shake it. I close my eyes again and I see the person before me again, his face covered in blood. Taken bite and bite out of her.

“Y/N are you okay?” I nod and my dad sits down next to me, while I puff out. Every time I close my eyes, I can see things clearer, remember things I didn’t before.

“I am still a bit tired dad” Maybe if I sleep now, everything will be clear. My dad nods and heads out, but mentioned that the police would like to talk to me. I nod and tell him I will only sleep for a little while. I close my eyes again and I can only hope that I am dreaming.

 

I look at the girl and she is screaming. Screaming so loud. I try to throw rocks at her attacker and I can see clear now that it is a man eating her. I try to control my shakes, but I am horrified. I throw another rock at him and he now deflects it with out even moving. I feel my mouth falling open and I can’t help but shake. What are those things growing out of his back? I stare at him only to have someone drag me back and lift me up against the wall

“ooh look here” The red eyes staring straight into mine. A handsome face only the dark eyes and red pupils giving away the real monster he is.

 

“Y/N!” My dad wakes me up and I am drenching in sweat “Dad” He looks so worried at me and he must know that they are real. “They are real. I know what I saw” My dad looks down and I see the man in the doorframe nod. “Come take a quick shower. They want to talk to you”

 

“She is only 13! She shouldn’t be involved in your work, not even know that this world exists”

“but she does now. Do you want to keep her inside for the rest of her life”

“She is too young”

“Better to start them young, to teach them how to fight these monsters. But you are right, she is still to young”

“I am not.” I hear their entire conversation and I walk in “I am not to young. Teach me how to defeat them, how to kill them.”

“Y/N you are only 13, you should be wanting to play with your friend not learn about these creatures”

“They are monsters, dad! They killed that girl in front of my eyes! I want to know, I want to know how to defeat them, to kill them. To protect the people, I care about.” I turn my attention to the guy in the suite and he seems impressed, but not convinced yet “I am 13, young, but I am fast. Faster than people twice my age. I am athletic, not afraid. If you let me I will show you that I will be a great asset”

“And you have quit the language skills, from your father I suppose” he stands up and looks at my father “The organization would like to take her in, we already have a few kids around her age training. Kids who saw and wanted to fight.”

“She is my only child, if you think I am going to let her into this world you are insane. I won’t give consent to let my child to be killed by you fanatics” My dad stands up and opens the door for him. The guy nods and gives me a little smile before leaving.

 

“dad” we both cooled down from earlier and my father is sitting down, head leaning onto his hands. I sit down in front of him, I know this must not be easy for him.

“Dad I wake up every morning to have to same dream, or nightmare better said. I see this girl being devoured by a man, another man attacking me. I just.. I want to be able to defend myself. I don’t want to lose you or anyone I care about because I was to weak. I just don’t want to wake up being afraid anymore”

“You are still so young, but you are right. No one else but you can fight this nightmare you are having.” My dad gets up and makes a phone call

“Okay princess, this won’t be easy. How we start off with a week of trial. If you don’t like it, you can’t take it or you simply want to be back at home. We will call the plug on this entire situation and we will be done with it, okay? “

“Is this a yes?” My dad nods, but he can’t really smile about it “Are you agreeing with my terms” I nod and hug him so tight and he lifts me up “You are still my little girl.” Someone knocks on the door and the same man of is standing there.

“You better take care of her” He chuckles and points to someone behind him “This is Changmin. He was 15 when he started, he will teach, protect your daughter.”

“Well this is then for you Changmin, you better take care of her”

“I will sure don’t worry about it.” He looks at me and I can’t help but blush at the sight of him. He looks directly at me and smiles so warmly at me.  “She is in good hands, you can rest surely of that. Changmin is the best investigator at his age”

“Well I need him to be great”

 

 

2013

 

That is how it all started. The first week of training was hard, I wanted to quit so badly, but I had a point to prove. I wanted to show them they aren’t wasting anytime on me and so I did. They told my dad after a week that I showed them great potential.

I continued on training and training at the academy, I learned everything they knew about Ghouls. About their eyes, that turn black with red pupils, there Kagune and how we can turn them into our own weapons, into a quinque. I learned everything, how to defeat them. Attack them, I learned combat. Studied until late, fought every day, so much that I wasn’t able to walk every night, every muscle aching, aching so bad that Changmin had to carry me home.

 

2 years of training have gone by and with every day I still learn something new, Changmin has been taking me into to field as well, only to look. At a distance. He knows how badly I want to learn, so he has been helping me, but he also realizes that at 15 that you can only see and learn so much. He must have realized that himself when he was thought.

 

I look over the skyline, up here everything seems so peaceful. Like the world is perfect. I guess everything is perfect until the crack gets to big that you can’t avoid it anymore. Changmin sits down next to me “You couldn’t sleep?” I nod and he hands me strawberry juice “Thanks” he nods and together we look at the sun rising.

“Changmin, do you think the world will ever be perfect to me again?”

“Why? Did you ever think it was?”

“I did…  To me everything was perfect. I had a home where I felt loved, safe. When I went outside I loved to look at the flowers, help elders if I could. Lay down on the grass.” I talk on and Changmin is looking surprised at me “but now, all I see is dead. How helpless the world really is. The smell of dead in every alley I pass. Red pupils staring at me. Now the world seems cracked”

I stand up and he follows me silently, walking behind me, guiding me, protecting me. He would walk before or behind me like that for the coming 2 years.

 

 

2015

 

“Oee” We are sparring and I just landed a counter back perfectly “Good one” I hear Changmin clapping and we part. “Well done Y/N” the whole class gives him a little bow and I do as well “Thank you”

“Yoongi make sure to keep your posture right” I look at him and he nods, bows to me, but his eyes tell his exact feelings. He hates losing and no wonder way. It must being second, certainly if number one is a few years younger than you are.

The class dismisses and I give Changmin a hug, he praises me for a bit and then tells me he is taking me out for a bite.

“What is wrong?” He gives a chuckle and he makes me a bit worried, after spending 4 years together I know him well so it is easy to see how he is feeling right now. “Well as you know, I have been going off and on missions, but now a long one is coming up”

“Really? Where are we going?”

“I am sorry, but you can’t come with me on this one.” I put down my water and raise my eyebrow “What do you mean?”

“As you know, I am Korean and we have to do a 2 year military service and I still haven’t done mine.”

“Ooh..” I feel my appetite disappear and he tries to make up for it by trying to sound cheerful, but it only makes me sadder to be honest. “Well since I am part of this government agency, I don’t have to go in the army, but they have a mission for me”

“So, you won’t be gone for 2 years?” he looks down and takes my hand in his “I will be, the mission will be with the military, only specialized with ghouls.”

“So, you will be gone for 2 years?” he nods and squeezes my hand, I give him a weak smile and I can see that it isn’t easy for him as well “When will you be leaving?”

“In 3 months” I nod and quickly continue eating, after we are finished I take his hand and drag him outside

“Where are we going?” I keep on walking and he finally makes me stop “Y/N where are you taking me?”

“We only have 3 months left before you are leaving, we are going to do as much as we can in that time. Teach me what I don’t know yet, lets spend every second together. Tell me about yourself.” I sigh and he hugs me. Wrapping his strong arms around me, I hug him back.

“3 months is a long time Y/N. Let’s just start off today by watching a movie together” I separate myself from him and give him a confused look, he looks nervous and chuckles a little. “Yes, yes indeed. I am taking you out on a date.”

 

 

Saying that the last 3 months were life changing, would be quite a hyperbole, but they kind of were. After he took me on our first date to see a movie, a lot more would follow. We would spend time together while I would be studying in the library or when it was late looking at the sun going under. I always liked him ever since he first walked through my front door. The way he smiled at me, I remember the way my cheeks turned red. Making me feel flustered. My dad even teased me with it.

Now nothing changed, through the past 4 years I only grew to like him more. I learned about his past, how his parents were slaughtered by a Ghoul and the ghoul who killed them raised him. That is how he believes there are good ghouls out there, he only was never able to forgive him for killing his parents. I look at him and he seems nervous, his head is now shaved and he tries to cover it. I take his hands and give him a kiss on the forehead. What is quite an hard job, may I ad, by  the fact that he is 15 cm taller than me. But the sweet boyfriend he is, he leans a bit forward so it is easy for me to kiss his for head and he can sneak in a little kiss himself.

“I like it” He blushes and I can’t help but feel surprised and flustered by it. I always wondered when he started to like me. When from little sister, he started seeing me as a girl.

“We should go, the apartment also wants to say goodbye to me” he makes it sound extra dramatic and I hit him “You make it sound like you are dying”

“That is also what I said!” He gives me a big smile and takes my hand “At least you know that I won’t be.”

 

“Okay. For the coming 2 years, be careful. I don’t want you to get into deep.” He looks deep into my eyes and I nod “I know Yoongi and you don’t have the best bond, but you two have to get along, you two will be working together and he has more experience than you in the field.” I nod again and he cups my face “Enough of that. I will write you, promise you will write me back”

“I will write you , it is you that should promise to write me back” He nods and gives me a big smile “I am going to miss you”

“I you too” I hug him and he holds me tight “I will write you immediately” I nod and I caress his cheek “I will come and visit you on your first holiday. Be careful, okay?” He nods and blows me a kiss before he gets into the car. I stand here for a while when I feel someone standing behind me

 

“Are you okay?” Yoongi finally speaks up and I nod “I will be fine” I turn to him and he nods as wel “Good. I would hate to see you lose it because of him.” I chuckle and he seems to be contemplating something “Lets get a cup of coffee shall we”

 

“How did you find this place?” I am not much of a coffee drinker but this cup of coffee is amazing. Yoongi looks surprised at me and then simply asks at one of the employees if he can see the owner.

“Dad!” I jump up to give my dad a hug and he seems happy but surprised to see me here “Y/N nice that you are here” He looks at Yoongi and they seem to know one another “You two are acquainted?”

“We are, your dad owns this place. We were all here when it opened. Changmin invited us all”

“ahh..” I look down and I can just feel the disappointment coming from my father. I never came to his opening. There was this chasing of a Ghoul and I just totally forgot his opening.

“Are you two on vacation?” We both nod and Yoongi talks to my dad a bit about his plans “We are partners starting new years eve”

“Ooh how nice” My dad seems pretty excited about it and it is strange to see them being so close or better said Yoongi being nice. The one thing everyone knows about him is that he can be quit cold. Even though he always claimed that people found me colder. Just a perfect robot, good at everything, but don’t dare to talk to you. As he said it.

“Well I better get going, my mom is cooking.” He smiles and thanks my dad for the cup of coffee “I will see you at new years partner” I nod and wave as he leaves.

“Dad I am so sorry!” I immediately apologize and my dad just shrugged it off and stands up. I quickly follow him “Dad I can work here my vacation. Than we have some daughter father bonding”

“I don’t know if that is a good idea”

“Of course it is!” I give him a big smile and he gives in “Okay, okay, but I will start right now.” I nod and he hands me an apron to put on and I come behind the bar “First I will teach you how to make coffee”

 

 

“I got it!” I spend the entire night practicing how to make this cup of coffee perfect. I at first. I felt so bad, I didn’t even know he owned this place, over the past few years I have been so busy trying to fight my own dream, that I totally lost sight of the things that my dad were doing. I read his manga’s ofcourse, but the coffee shop. I just totally forgot. I still remember how sad he looked when I didn’t show up when it was his opening.

 

“You are still doing it wrong” I hear a voice coming up from behind and I almost hit him with the knife I through at him “Nice shot” He looks shocked, but not scared.

“Who are you?” He ignores my question and he pours a cup of coffee. I observe his actions and he seems so polished, he hands it to me and it tastes delicious. “Almost the same as”

“The owner, I know” He mumbles and I his hair falls before his eyes.

“Are you new here?” He catches me staring and I nod “Okay well welcome” He turns around to leave “Wait your name?”

“You are the one that threw a knife at me, don’t you think you should apologize first? The owner won’t be glad about it”

“Since the owner is my father, I am sure he won’t mind”

“Wait you are the mister Gomez’s daughter?” I nod and he looks confused at me “What are you doing here?”

“I have free of work, so I am going to spend my vacation here. Working”

“Since when are you so interested?” He sounds sarcastic “What is that supposed to mean” He lifts up his shoulders “This shop has been open since 2004, reopened in 2013. I haven’t seen you one time here”

“2004?” He chuckles and I bit my lip, I have just proven his point. I know nothing of my own father. Seems that he is even closer to him then I am.  

“Your name?” He looks me up and down

“I am Jungkook.”

 

 

Jungkook POV

 

“Who is that new girl?” Jimin just came in and he leans his head onto his hands and studies her “She looks familiar”

“that is because she is the daughter of mister Gomez” Jimin looks surprised at me and pouts his lips a little “Didn’t know she would be that attractive, he only has pictures of her when she was little” I nod, she looked very cute on them. Innocent, considering what she does for a living now.

“Wait, his daughter you said?” Jimin finally realizes it and he leans in a bit more “Isn’t she..?” He doesn’t say it but I nod. “We should warn the others.” We head upstairs and the rest is indeed sitting around talking a bit

“Guuyys we have a problem!” Jimin catches their attention and he nods at me, great I am the one to tell.

“Do you guys remember that mister Gomez has a daughter?” They all nod and Namjoon seems to be thinking, what isn’t a surprise, he is a smart guy, must know by now.

“Wait, isn’t’ she?”

“Yea she is” Jimin nods and Namjoon lets out a sigh, Hoseok still seems thoughtless as does Jin. “She is an investigator.” I fall in and they all look go ooh yeah at first but then slowly in shock. “Why is she here?” Jin seems worried and I shake my head, I also don’t know why she is here.

“But don’t you guys think it is weird that his daughter is an investigator?” Hoseok makes everyone go a bit calm and Namjoon falls in “Perhaps she doesn’t know.”

“How could she not know?” Hoseok fires back and Namjoon almost seems irriated “Her father is half Ghoul half human, what does that make her? They probably kept it from her.” He stops and thinks for a while “She started training since she was 13, she probably doesn’t know.”

We discuss it some more, but then Monroy walks in and he tell us that there is a meeting. We all follow him and when we walk in Mister Gomez welcomes us warmly like he always does and we all sit down and he gets right to it.

“As some might have already notice, we have a new addition to our staff. Her name is Y/N, my daughter” He pauses for a second and takes a sip of his coffee “As you might have heard of the rumors, she is indeed an investigator. She doesn’t know that I made this place a safe haven for us Ghouls. She also doesn’t know you guys are ghouls. So, I encourage you all, act normal. Don’t be acting all different. Just be careful” He is about to wrap up when his door opens and she walks in, holding a cup of coffee

“Dad I finally have it, I told you I could learn in it in less than a day” She stops and looks surprised at all of us. I ignore her, but I can see that everyone else is looking at her. She walks on to my father and hand him the cup of coffee. She raises her eyebrow at him and he gives her a smile

“I was just telling them that you are our new addition to the family.” The rest nods, but when I look up. I can feel her gaze upon me and our eyes meet. I study her eyes, nothing that gives anything away. Only thing is that they are brown, but with a little bit of what seems to be green in the middle. I break eye contact and I feel Jimin’s eyes on me as well now.

“Nice to meet you all. I am Y/N. I hope you guys treat me as normal as possible” She bows and tells her father she has to go downs stairs since there are costumers. I follow her and I meet her eyes once again when she closes the door, she stops for a second, but this time she breaks eye contact.

“Are you going to tell her about us?” Mister Gomez explains that it is a bit of a personal matter and difficult situation since she is an investigator. We all make him feel at ease when we promise to act normal around her, we will be careful, but as long as we act carefully we will be okay. Or at least that is what I hope.

We walk down or at least Jimin, Namjoon and I. Hoseok and Jin head back upstairs to change. They only have to work if it becomes extra busy today. We arrive down stairs and we relive Jisu and she seems grateful and we can see why, it is quite busy. We quickly help the costumers and then my focus falls back onto Y/N she seems to be talking to someone.

“Is that Taehyung?” and Namjoon is right, it is him. He is throwing Y/N some of his killer smiles and seems to be busy flirting with her. He notices us and waves at us, she also turns around and seems to be having a good time.

 

“Isn’t she pretty?” Taehyung is still checking her out and Namjoon hits him at the back of his head “her name is Y/N”

“aahh that is her name, she wouldn’t tell me” He still checks her out, but then falls still and looks back at Namjoon “Y/N?” We all nod and he seems to go pale “mister Gomez’s daughter?” We all nod again and he clicks his tongue “That is too bad, she is pretty. Only not pretty enough to die for”

“We should all be careful. But especially you” Namjoon says it softly and Jimin agrees “Why me?” Taehyung acts all innocent and we all go quite when she comes back to us

“Do guys have some donuts for me, 4 please?” Jimin hands them to her and she gives him a smile before leaving

“You hang around the wrong kind of people that is why” I tell Taehyung and Namjoon smacks him again “Stop checking her out”

“She is dressed so innocently… But ooh so deathly”

“how do you know? Maybe she isn’t” Jimin tells Taehyung off, but his gaze changes, he knows something. “What do you know?” I ask him and hesitates

“You know the killing of the ghoul last month?” We all nod, that was brutal. 3 were killed, all were binge eating, rumor had it that they were killed by youngsters.

“That was her” Taehyung whispers it and I see Jimin go pale. “No way” He whispers it and it is hard to believe. She is dressed so innocently, she has a cold air around her, but she acts friendly towards the costumers, but yet still distance and cold.

“We have to be careful. Taehyung, you better listen to that advise. Even mister Gomez said it” Taehyung nods and he breaks his gaze of her “She is still cute though”

 

“Y/N” Taehyung calls her over and I see Jimin go pale again, Namjoon tries to warn him, but he just winks at us “how has your day been? Your first day at work”

“Or even at this place” I say it and I can feel her eyes burning on me, I might have gone a bit too far with that

“It has been good, thank you for asking” She gives him smile and we can all see that Taehyung wants to have a bit of fun with her “Are you good in making a cup of coffee?”

“Not as good as you I hope, since you have been working here longer. Although it does seem that won’t be hard, seems like you are more of a let other people do you job kind of person.” She looks him straight in the eye and her attitude does surprise me.  Most people wouldn’t say that kind of stuff to Taehyung, knowing he is a Ghoul or not.

“You do have balls” Taehyung leans in a bit, but she doesn’t seem to lean back, instead her eyes shift from Taehyung to the sight that is happening behind the glass or now better said the couple that walks in. I study Y/N face and I see her attention shift onto Taehyung and pretending to laugh.

“Waiter?” The guy of the couple calls out and Y/N walks off to them before giving a dead stare at Taehyung. “Why don’t you stay seated”

We all look at the sight and she tries to act normal. “do you see that couple?” Taehyung leans in and he raises his eyebrow “What about it Jungkookie? Did you guys btw see how rude she is?”

“cold is the word you are looking for” Jimin falls in and Taehyung nods “That was it indeed”

“That girl is human” I interrupt their little moment and Namjoon nods “It seems that the guys is letting her pig out before”

“If he comes so far, Y/N saw his eyes earlier” Taehyung curses and we all feel the same “We can’t do anything about it. What he is doing is wrong after all” I am surprised at Taehyungs responds

“But we can help the girl” I tell them, but they all seem doubtful “We need to be careful as well Jungkook” Namjoon says and he studies the ghoul “He is strong as well”

 

“Hyungbin!” Taehyung greats mister Gomez and he gives us all a big smile “Have you guys seen my daughter?” We all point at her, handling tables “I believe they have already filled you in on the situation? “Taehyung nods and we all look at her for a while

“She has balls your daughter, Hyungbin” I look at Taehyung, I am still surprised he calls him that. I know he tells all of us to do it.

“Dad?” I look at her, but she is avoiding my gaze. Smiling at the rest, but not at me “Can we talk for a bit” she nods and they walk off.

 

After a while, the shop has become almost empty. A few costumers left, the couple being one of them. The rest is also enjoying coffee with Yoongi, he has finally joined us and he is telling the rest a bit about Y/N. How they are becoming partners.

“Jungkookie, we are going upstairs, are you okay down here?” Jimin walks over to me and the rest waves before they had up “I am fine, you go hyung” They all leave and I keep eyes on the couple. The guys come over to pay and the woman seems scared, she isn’t even looking up.

They leave and I know I shouldn’t, but I can’t just let this happen. I lay down my apron and I follow them. They don’t seem to be going far. Just behind our coffee shop a bit further in the alley he slowly starts to back him in. I know I shouldn’t but in.

Y/N is here, but… I can’t just let him kill an innocent person. I can feel the persons fear and the girl screams and I quickly in and hold the arm of the guy.

“Isn’t nice to strike a woman” His eyes already changed, looking mad at me “Don’t mix in business you don’t understand”

“I think I do understand” I avoid his throw and I can feel my eye change as well and before I know we are fighting.

He throws me into the wall and I see him storm up to the woman, I quickly jump in front of her.  I fight him off again and I throw him in the wall and he seems to be down.

“Are you okay?” the woman nods and she falls down, I try to help her up and in that second where I am busy with her I feel him dragging me down and throwing me into a pile of stale pipes, some impaling me.

“don’t!” I try to move, but I can’t. I haven’t eaten all day… I am about to unleash my Kagune when I see Y/N appear she looks at me and falls open.

“run!” I shout at her and they guy seems to be smiling at her.

“Seems like I found your weakness” He smirks at me and lips his lips, Y/N is helping the woman up and the guy has them now cornered.

“I knew the filth you were the moment you step in the shop” Y/N speaks up bravely and I see the guy rolling his eyes “Blahblahblah Ghouls don’t exist. Wake up sweetheart, I am one” He makes his eye turn and I see Y/N nod and I can see that the guy is surprised

“I know Ghouls exists, don’t you worry. That is one of the merits to being an investigator”

“What!? Youu” he lets out a deep groan and he turns even more angry “Enough talking” He attacks her and I can’t just let her be, I need to help her.

 

I try to move, but she quickly tells me not to. I see her fighting and she is good, it seems that Yoongi wasn’t understating how could she is. She avoids his attacks, but it is useless fighting him like this, without any weapons. She only has a knife, with right now she lost as well. Although I have to say was a good throw right into his eye.

“You are dead now!!” The guy screams it out and he is storming right in her direction, Y/N completely cornered. I move and I feel my eye changing, my Kagune out, I protect her, but she is still slammed into the wall. I fight the guy off and he seems to realize he is losing, because when the guys arrive he quickly takes his change and leaves.

“Jungkook!” I see Jimin running towards me and I see Namjoon with the girl. The guys are still looking at me and I let my Kagune disappear and my eye go back to normal

“Did she..” I nod and I see Jin making a worried face.

“Y/N” I ignore them and head of towards her. She is still lying down and she seems to be unconscious. I lift her up and the guys quickly tell me to bring her in.

We lay her down upstairs and everyone is now in a big fuss. Taehyung is telling her father, I just hope that he is going to.. I don’t know what I hope. The door opens and her father rushes in.

“Jungkook are you okay?” He checked up on her and he makes us feel a bit more secure, he send Monroy to fetch her doctor and he is now turning to me

“I am okay sir. I am just… She saw me. She saw that I…”

“Don’t worry about that.” He sighs and I do still feel nervous. “She was bound to find out one time, I should have told her from the beginning.”

“I am sorry sir. You told us to be careful. I just couldn’t watch an innocent woman being eaten by some sick bastard.”

“You did the right thing Jungkook. I should be thanking you” He smiles at me, but I don’t see really why. Right now, his daughter is going to find out who she is. Her father is. Who we are, what this place is.

“If you weren’t there, my daughter would be dead. You see, she is strong, but from time her sense of rightfulness overthrows her judgment of when to not interfere. Just like now, she attacked someone without a weapon and it almost became her dead. “

“She is a good fighter.” I tell him and I can feel him smiling proudly “She is a really good fighter, she held that guy off pretty well. Was just like you said, she only didn’t have a weapon.”

“Thank you Jungkook”

 

Everyone is asleep, but I really couldn’t. Standing in front of the room she is, I am unsure. Should I go in? I hear a grumbling from inside, is there someone else? My thoughts immediately go to the guy from earlier and I open the door.

“ooh…” no one is here, Y/N still laying still. Turning around I hear it again, I look at Y/N and the sound seems to be coming from her. Her face all grumbled up. She looks like she is having a nightmare, perhaps about tonight? She doesn’t seem like the type to get a nightmare from something like this.

Or… Is she having a nightmare because of me? A nightmare of me? I take a chair and place it beside her. I hesitate a bit, but I take her hand.

“I am here, don’t worry” I carefully strike a piece of hair out of her face, she is sweating. I try to let go of her hand, but she squeezes my hand “Don’t…don’t go”

“I won’t.” I can still reach it, and I carefully wring out the towel and dap her face. “Sshh..” I try to calm her down and she holds onto me closely. I am not sure what she is dreaming off, but I hope she gets trough it soon.

 

I wake up by feeling a sharp pain, I sit back up straight and crack my neck “Aaii” I look at Y/N and she is still a sleep. She seems to be sleeping peacefully now, still holding my hand. I look at her and I take this time to study her face, she is indeed pretty and cute as Taehyung likes to say it. I don’t know why, but I can’t seem to keep my thoughts off her, even though now she knows who or what I am, she might be the dead of me.

Although when I was spiked, she… She didn’t look disgusted at me, she looked worried almost. I remember her face at that time and yes, she looked worried at me, she didn’t want me to harm myself even more. Perhaps because I was trying to save the girl.

 

“Where did you come from?” Taehyung looks at me and I am not sure what to say “I couldn’t sleep well so I went out for a bit”

“Aah okay, are you good?” I nod and gives me a little nudge “I will take this table”

I make myself a cup of coffee and think back to last night, she really had a bad dream. Wrinkles even formed on her forehead.

“Are you still worried about what she will do to you when she finds out?”

“A little bit, but also not really. She wasn’t surprised when I.. when she saw my eye, saw me for what I am”

“She doesn’t know your story, explain it to her and I promise you, she will understand even more.”  I nod and now the only question is now when is she going to wake up?

 

Days have past, precisely 80 hours and she still hasn’t woken up. Every night she had a nightmare, hopefully not the same and not about me and every time I held her hand, whispering to her it would be okay.

I crack my neck and Jimin looks weird at me “Did you sit with her again”

“You...” He nods and gives me a cup of coffee

“you weren’t in your room so I went looking for you and I heard you talking in her room”

“She was having a nightmare” He doesn’t ask for more, hyung really does know when to ask me things and when not. “Do you think she will wake up soon? It has been a few days and she still is unconscious”

“The doctor says here body is healing herself, but her father said that she heals in no time. So, she is probably healing her mind” he says it with a certain mockery but I know he is probably right and so does he.

“Lets just give it another day” It is kind of funny though, we have known her one day. Not even one day, but every night her father would tell us stories about her. What made us feel closer to her.

 

Namjoon and I walk back in the shop and we are greeted by Jin, looking really happy  carrying a cup of coffee “She is awake guys!” He cheers a little and walks up stairs, Namjoon smiles as well and heads up stairs as well.

She is awake… I smile and Namjoon calls me, I run up the stairs and when we reach her room I do feel a bit nervous. What if she. What if she tries to kill me?

“Y/N, Princess talk to me” We can hear her father talk and it seems that she really just woke up.

“Dad… You better start explaining it.” She sounds tired, but still strong

“Right now.”