LET'S GET INTIMATE WITH DHAATK....

INTERVIEW OF DHAATK....

PART 2 ALL ABOUT WRITING FANFICTIONS......

TINA: How and when did you decide to be a fanfic author?
DARIYA: The first time I ever attempted to write fiction was during 2006 christmas; I think my first actual fan fic was in summer of 2007

TINA: What made you to sit down and actually write something?
DARIYA: what considers the first story, it was about me and my first ever real crush, I think I didn’t even change the names haha. Moving on to the fan fics, there was a page in the website I used the most when I was a preteen, where girls posted made up stories about tokio hotel, because they were probably the hottest band in europe at the time, even though I didn’t like the band back then, i’ve always needed to have people who read my stuff, so I just began to include the band members as characters.

TINA: What is the first fanfic you completed?
DARIYA: i’m not too sure because it was 10 years ago, but maybe it was called “Simas <3” (it’s a male name)

TINA: How did you get your idea for your first fanfic?
DARIYA:  I really can’t remember and i’m actually glad :D

TINA: Have you had any prior experience of writing before your first fanfic?
DARIYA: Just small paragraphs for school, I think my first self-written short story of like 500 words was in autumn of 2006.

TINA: Have you ever plagued by doubts on your storyline?
DARIYA: oh yes, if I write a chaptered story, I tend to write down the plot first.

TINA: How did you promote your fanfic to readers?
DARIYA: I used to buy stuff in all these aff shops for promotion, but not anymore.

TINA: Have you ever been anxious about how the readers receive your story?
DARIYA: Well kinda, since I want attention haha. With my latest long fic (not yunjae), I used to ask my readers for opinion what should be the end, but that’s it. I write to please myself, not others.

TINA: Thoughts on how you felt when you see the first comment on the first story? Do remember who is the first commenter?
DARIYA: I was really excited, but I have no idea who was my first commenter.

TINA: How do you prepare yourself before writing a fanfic?
DARIYA:  look for inspiring images and music.

TINA: Do you work out plot line or do you prefer to see where your ideas or inspiration take you?
DARIYA: I prefer to work out the storyline first.

TINA: When and how does your inspiration or muse come to you?
DARIYA: literally anywhere at anytime. Most of stuff comes from my dreams tbh.

TINA: What is the weirdest place you were struck by inspiration for your fanfic? Did you write the plot?
If yes what is the title of the fanfic?
DARIYA: That’s very specific and I have the worst memory for such things haha, sorry.

TINA: How much research do you do for your story?
DARIYA: Depends on the story. For example, I read a lot about certain history figures for gehenna, but googled almost nothing for my latest non-yunjae fic.

TINA: What is the easiest part of writing?
DARIYA: Describing feelings and surroundings

TINA: What is the hardest part of writing a story?
DARIYA: Remembering to include dialogues.

TINA: The writer’s worst nightmare the dreaded writer’s block.When is the worst writer’s block you ever had? How did you overcome it?
DARIYA: maybe namjoon the great (originally it’s karl the great, a fic with non-kpop idols). I think I was stuck for almost a year with that fic. What got me to finish it was just… I don’t know, I felt like I really wanted to finish it, because I loved the fic’s idea.

TINA: Any useful tips on how to overcome the writer’s block?
DARIYA: nope, i’m not sure it’s possible to have a method for defeating the writer’s block. If so, none of the writers would ever be stuck

TINA: Have you written any collaboration with other author’s? If yes name of the fanfic.
DARIYA: i’m working on a fic with Najaeri, but we haven’t posted anything about it yet.

TINA: How do you describe your writing style? Do you think you have your own personal writing style?
DARIYA: I think writing is very individual and everyone has their own style. My stories always have these three elements: weird title, a lot of angst, and death of a main character (well, not that anymore I guess since I challenged myself with my last fic and everyone stayed alive haha)

TINA: How do you think you have evolved creatively throughout the years? Do you notice any change in the way you write?
DARIYA: of course! i’ve become so much better compared to what I wrote ten years ago. Starting with the plot, characters, dialogues… just everything

TINA: How important are readers and their comments?
DARIYA: To me, it’s very important to have people who read my stuff and I love all the comments. I always say this and i’m not ashamed but i’m a huge attention when it comes to writing.

TINA: I have been a silent reader for few months before taking the steps to comment..Any words for silent readers?
DARIYA: Well, glad if people sooner or later start to comment. Comments are what keep me going and I think it’s same for the majority of writers. Personally, I try to comment as much as possible on whatever I read, even if it’s just “wow, I like it”

TINA: Do you read other yunjae fanfics? If yes name of the fanfic you loved?
DARIYA: I haven’t read a good yunjae fic in a long time, because I mostly read stuff on AO3 nowadays and there aren’t many yunjae fics on that website. But i’ve also noticed that most fics on AFF now are low-quality. Even if I sound arrogant or whatever, i’ve moved past the point where I read ty first-fics by 12-year-old kids with delight even if I once was there.

TINA: Are you friends with any other author’s?
DARIYA: Najaeri is my <3

TINA: How do you make your stories standout when there are heaps of other stories with similar plot lines?
DARIYA: I think title has a lot of weight. Also the description and poster.

TINA: Has anyone stole your story and published under their name?
DARIYA: None that I know of

TINA: Thoughts on others stealing your work?
DARIYA: That’s very low

TINA: How do you manage your time between your daily activities and updating stories?
DARIYA: I just write when I have time, so there isn’t that much management between these two things

TINA: Do you have any favorite time of the day to write stories?
DARIYA: Night is my time haha

TINA: Your favorite genre to write?
DARIYA: Angst/Mystery


ALL ABOUT STORIES.....

TINA: Inspiration behind the fanfic “PERDITION”?
DARIYA: I’ve put all the sources of inspiration at the end of the one-shot. I have no idea what I was doing or what I saw, but until this day I remember two words popping up in my head that started it all: “homeless god.” I was so hooked on this phrase, listened to marilyn manson’s “i want to kill you like they do in the movies,” saw this gif http://i60.tinypic.com/214rwye.jpg before sleep one night and it all grew literally in a dream.

TINA:  Few words on the fanfic
“GEHENNA”?
DARIYA: well, after “perdition,” I kept thinking about jaejoong’s character and all the possible past lives, and just the whole concept was so interesting to me. I wanted to show how things sometimes just happen, how boredom draws people  and spirits to insanity. How there is no god and everything is made from energy. Probably more half of the readers hate me for yunho’s death, but I think the story would lose all I wanted to show if there was happily every after for yunjae. I probably had a few more dreams related to it too haha. I searched for more images of jaejoong looking all angry and gloomy, had the whole folder of inspiration things. Big credit goes to the band Korn, especially their songs “trash” and “hey daddy,” because their music contributed a lot to keeping me inspired.

TINA: Still writing or have you stopped now?
DARIYA: I spent last 6 months or so writing a sugamon (bts) fic and I finished it maybe a month ago. it’s called “finding the soulmate,” if anyone is interested haha.

TINA: Any future yunjae fanfics you are working on?
DARIYA:  the collab fic with Najaeri!



All ABOUT ...........

TINA:Tells us why are we so interested to read taboo topics when it comes to yunjae? Ex. ,cheating,home wrecker etc.
DARIYA: hmmm, I think it doesn’t matter on the pairing and there have been many psychological researches/tests carried out and it turns out humans just want to occupy themselves with someone else’s drama. I personally don’t read that many fics.

TINA: How difficult or easy is writing ?
DARIYA: it’s difficult and I think the only i’ve ever written was in gehenna which was mildly explicit just to get readers. If I ever edited the story for actual publishing, deleting the would be the first thing.

TINA: Do you blush or get embarrassed while writing ?
DARIYA: no, but it’s generally kinda awkward

TINA: It is so heart breaking when u see your favorite authors deleting their journals or accounts,taking away the chance to reread some of your favorite stories..and having those wonderful stories lost..Have you anytime in future have plans on deleting your journal?
DARIYA: No, I have no plans on deleting the bigger works.

TINA: Any words for the readers?
DARIYA: http://31.media.tumblr.com/624a69351a1af10f6218a4219dd11dc6/tumblr_mprevplD411swbwh5o1_500.gif haha, just kidding. Please don’t kill me for killing characters, it’s for a greater cause!
  

End of part 2.