Chapter 2

Back To When We Were Young

Hi Everyone I know this chapter is Late.... I was working on a few things... So to make this A/N short I hope you like this chapter and I am already writing the next one so it will be up soon... Oh and on a quick note I wrote a recent blog on how I met my Ultimate Bias group... If you want to read it here is the link.... Lets just say I cried alot... 

On with the story!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“Mongi, Buba come it’s time for dinner.” Minseok called out to his pets from the his kitchen.

Before settling down for dinner he took out some of his puppy's food from the cabinet filling up his dog's bowl. The puppy hearing his name ran to his bowl immediately digging in. While Minseok took out some cat food. Buba on the other hand took her time to walk to her bowl. Minseok smiling at his pets giving them a pat on their head. They really are polar opposites.was setting his table for his late dinner that evening. He made a simple pasta with a nice salad to company his pasta. Was a little rushed but still hopefully it tasted good.

Minseok setting his meal on his kitchen he began to eat... Well mainly just playing with his food than eating. He didn't have much of an appetite. Just staring at his food he decided not to let it go to waste and take his time to eat. 

Minseok was nervous, extremely nervous. Maybe it was the nerves making him lose his appetite, maybe it was the coffee he drank earlier...

After thinking of all of the outcomes earlier  he made his choice and wanted to call the director back... Well he tried. He dialed the number many times, he paced around his home, and even tried to take his puppy for a walk. Realizing he was only stalling. In the end after pacing around his house he finally pressed the call button.

The PD was ecstatic well beyond ecstatic for a lack of a better word. Even though Minseok wasn’t able to see him he could tell the PD was jumping in joy along with the staff he heard cheer in the background. After the small celebration and the PD has told his empoyees to quiet down; Minseok may have been a little annoyed but the PD told him he will contact him in a few days to tell him more information. He highly encouraged Minseok to reach out to a few members so when it’s time to have the first meeting will all the members it won’t be so awkward with each other.

Minseok sighed one again thinking back to what he PD had said to him while trying to eat his dinner. Wondering if it was a good idea to contact any of his former members. 

As he finished his dinner he cleaned up his plates, did his dishes and headed to bed. Maybe for today he will just push it to the side and think of it more tomorrow.

~Next Morning~

“Good morning boss. Are you feeling better?” Minseok heard once he entered his cafe. He nodded to his worker while taking of his coat. It turned out to be colder than the day before. It seemed fall is coming earlier. Thank goodness Junho had the heating
“How is everything Junho? Nothing important happened yesterday?” MInseok asked while walking behind the counter to do his routine check of everyday.
“Nope nothing out of the usual, we did get a few deliveries. Some mail, I put on your desk... And what else... We got a call of shipment that will arrive a few days late.”
“The coffee beans.” Junho nodded.
“Apparently there was a big accident while they were shipping so they will be sending a few pounds as compensation.
“Hm alright. Better for -”
“Ah! Wait there is 1 thing boss. There was someone else who did come to look for you in the evening before closing. I told him you had left early. He asked me if you can give him a call whenever you can. He said his number hasn’t changed.” Minseok looked to Junho intrigued. That was new.
“What was his name?”
“Kim Junmyeon. Do you know him boss. I felt a little weird around him and actually questioned if you really knew him. He look too dressed up.” Minseok laughed.
“He is an old friend.”
“I didn't know you had business friends boss.”
“Yah! You don’t need to know. Now go back to work. I am going to my office to work on a few things. Minji should be coming in soon so if it is urgent then come get me okay.” Junho nodded
“Sure boss!” Off Junho went.

Minseok finished his normal check routine and headed to his office to work on those stacks of paper he was dreading to do.

 

While filling out a few documents Minseok thought back to what Junho had told him earlier... Junmyeon actually came all the way here to meet with me.

After Minseok had dinner the evening before he was having a hard time falling asleep. As it was only six he did everything he could to distract himself.He decided to take Mongi to a nearby dog park to get a little exercise in. Once Minseok got a little tired he let Mongi run free for a while so he sat down at a random bench. 

Minseok was trapped in his thoughts for a while when a woman came up to him and asked if she could sit there.

It turned out to be she was a fan of his. She had asked him if it was okay to take a photo. Minseok gladly agreed to it.

They also chatted for a few minutes mainly her stating how much she loved him since she was a young teen. It did make him smile to see one of his old fans. It had been a long time since he met a fan one on one. To believe that now his fans were married and even mothers. How fast time went is really unbelievable.

He said his goodbyes to his fan and took Mongi home. Once he got home he tried to continue to distract himself by cleaning only to see there was nothing to clean. As always In the end he just showered and went to bed. He did have a hard time falling asleep. Many thoughts started to come to his mind. A lot of his memories were coming back. His good times. His hard times. The best days of his life. Bubu must have noticed his owner is some distress so he laid with his owner helping him eventually fall asleep.

Coming back from his pondering moments. It’s now or never. Minseok put his work aside took his phone out and began to look for Junmyeon’s number. I am just calling Junmyeon. That’s all.

After a few rings Minseok was hoping no one would answer.
“Hello this is Kim Junmyeon”
“H-hey Junmyeon, it’s Minseok.”
“Minseok hyung it’s you! I almost didn’t answer the phone since I didn’t have this phone number registered.”
“Ahh yeah, I changed my phone number last year.”
“You should have called me when you did. How are you hyung. I haven’t heard much from you.”
“I have been well running the shops you know same old same old. I heard you came to see me yesterday.”
“Yeah I did. One of your workers told me you had left early. I wanted to see you hyung and talk about a few things. Do you think you can make some time today. It’s something I prefer not to talk about over the phone.”
“Of course. Why don’t you come back to the cafe for some lunch. My treat.”
“That sounds good. You will be there this time right.”
“Hahah, I promise I will be here.”
You better! I will be there in a few hours then hyung.”
“Alright just make sure you get here before lunch hour it gets pretty busy here.”
“Alright hyung I’ll see you soon.” Minseok said his goodbye and hung up.

Hmm I wonder how this is going to turn out.

~*~

Minseok as always was distracting himself as much as he could, and it was working. Well in his defense he was planning a grand opening and there still a lot that need to be done. He didn’t realize time flew by when someone knocked on his door.
“Come in.”
“Knock Knock boss.” Minseok looked up to see Junho peeking his head through the door. “Sorry to interrupt boss but there is someone here to visit you.”
“It’s lunchtime already?” Junho nodded to his boss and motioned him to come.
“Sorry for being so pushy, but we are busy right now.”
“Oh, oh okay go back I’ll be right out.” Minseok tidied up his desk a little bit. Fixed up his clothes a little. Trying to be a little presentable.

Minseok leaving the comforts of his office went out. Immediately we was able to spot Junmyeon. It isn’t every day he gets customers come in with a very expensive looking suit. It is just oozing with money. He takes a deep breath as begins to walk towards Junmyeon.

“Junmyeon.” Minseok said almost a whisper. 
“Minseok hyung!”  Junmyeon immediately noticing his hyung brought Minseok into a tight hug catching him very off guard.
“It’s so nice to see you hyung. I have missed you hyung it's been too long.” Minseok was stunned. He didn't expect Junmyeon to receive him this way. Well he wasn’t sure how the meeting will turn out to be.
“It is a really good to see you too. You still look the same." 
"Aye, I should be saying that. Hyung I swear you don't age a bit. I was slightly hoping you would have aged just a little but look at you in your 40's and still looking as if you are in your 20's."
"Now you are just exaggerating. I know I have aged." Junmyeon shook his head disagreeing.
"No way hyung. Keep this a secret but I am slowly going gray... I have to keep dying my hair so it wont be noticed." That made Minseok chuckle at Junmyeon.
"You are too young to be graying."
"That's what I have been saying. But I always find them." Minseok softly chuckled. He can already tell Junmyeon hasn't changed one bit.  
"Have a seat. Let me see where.." Minseok looked around the cafe he didn't want to keep Junmyeon waiting for too long. Noticing it was starting to get crowded well it is lunch rush.
“Its starting to get crowded how about we go into my office.”
“Sure hyung. Whatever is comfortable for you.”
“Wait just a second. I am going to make us something. Let me tell you where my office is. Head towards the back and take a left. My office is the first door on the right. I will be there in a few minutes.” Junmyeon nodded.
"Okay hyung." Junmyeon went off as Minseok quickly went to the kitchen washed his hands and to find Minji.  
“Minji you think you can help me with something." Minji seemed to be making something quickly took a look at her boss."
"Sure boss."  
"Help me make a wrap.”
“No problem boss. Coming right up."

~*~

“Hyung this is really good.” The two were eating enjoying the small meal Minseok and Minji prepared. In a rush since she had so many orders to fulfill.
“It’s Minji’s specialty. While we were adding more to our lunch menu she came up with this wrap. It sells pretty well.”
“I can tell. It’s amazing. Give my compliments to the chef.” Minseok chuckled.
“I’ll let Minji know. She would love to hear that.” The pair continued to eat in silence. To Minseok’s relief it wasn’t uncomfortable at all. He was worried for nothing. 

Junmyeon was the first to speak up breaking the silence.
“Hyung so tell what are your thoughts.”
“Of?”
“Well of the reunion. The PD called me yesterday and told me everything. I wanted to see you and see what and how you were feeling.”
“Ahhh. I see."
“Since I see Chanyeol everyday he tells me how excited he is. Also as the PD calls me telling me who has agreed. I try to contact everyone and chat on what they think about this program. It seems like everyone is excited.”
“I would be lying if I said I was excited. And you? What are you feeling. I know you still tend to put others first than you do for yourself.” Junmyeon put his wrap down slightly dropping his his head looking down at his hands. “It’s okay you can tell me.” It took Junmyeon a few minutes to actually respond back.
“I don’t know. A part of me is really happy and excited. I am debuting these new groups and seeing the process it always reminds me of our old days and wish sometimes I can go back in time and relive those days.”
“But?”
“But, at the same time I feel anxious. It’s not just the 9 of us hyung.” Minseok understood Junmyeon more than anyone else. “You must be feeling the same way hyung.”
“I guess you can say that.”
“I don’t need to guess. You already did tell me your aren’t excited. I don’t need to know more. But to be honest I think we are going to be alright.”
“Hmm I guess.”
“Maybe this can be chance to have things clear.” Minseok thought for a moment. Did he want an explanation? Did he want closure?
“Maybe Jun. Maybe.”
~*~

“This was nice hyung. From now on can you not be so distant. I don’t want to wait a few years just to meet with you.”
“Well you don’t have too. Since we are most likely going to meet each again this week.” 
“Right, right I did get a call this morning. Kyungsoo was the last on to agree to the reunion so we all should be getting a call anytime now.”
“I guess it is time for you to do another trip to go see Kyungsoo.”
“Ahh I think I will just give him a call.” Both of them softly laughed. Junmyeon still had some type of fear towards the younger.
“Well okay Jun I’ll see soon.” Junmyeon opened his arms for a hug. Minseok no longer feeling awkward towards his former leader went in for the hug. 
"I'll see you soon Minseok hyung."  Letting Junmyeon go he nodded and saw the younger one out. 

Minseok let out a long sigh. Yes he can't lie, he enjoyed the company of Junmyeon but to think of the reason of his visit. Minseok shook his head trying to get any unwanted thoughts out of his mind. To get distracted it wouldn't be bad idea to help his employees roast some coffee beans.

~*~

A few days later

"Boss how long exactly you are going to be gone?!" 
"I am not exactly sure... That is why we are having this meeting now." Minseok was trying to calm down an anxious Junho. Minseok is holding an emergency meeting at the cafe. All of his employees from both cafes were asked to come immediately. Both cafes got orders close down early making the employees concerned knowing their boss never closes the shops. 

"To begin I am sorry to have asked you all to come on such a short notice. But this is really important. As I said before I will be gone for a while. For how long I am not really sure. I may be able to pop in for while but at least for the next few weeks I will not be able to come in. So there are a few things that need to be taken care of. I will only be able to take care of a few things. So we all have to team up to make sure things are still going on smoothly. For starters Seojin you will still continue things in the other shop as manager. But you will be working with Junho on the business side of things."
"Boss wait a minute. " Minseok gave Junho an annoyed look for interrupting him.
"What is it Junho." 
"Sorry boss but can you at least tell us why you will be going. This too much info take in." All of Minseok's employees seem to agree with Junho nodding their heads and softly asking whys. 

Minseok took a deep breath in and let it out. A day after he had met with Junmyeon he had gotten a call. The PD's call. He contacted him told him to prepare for the show. They were going to start shooting soon and they were going to gather all the members to shoot the first meeting. Since the PD's didn't want it to be such an awkward shoot they we all told to packs their bags for at least a few weeks as they had a surprise for the group. Minseok couldn't get more information out of them other than to pack for a few weeks and be prepared by the weekend and that staff members were going to pick him up. Which gave Minseok only 3 days to pack and figure out what he was going to do with his shops. 

Minseok had stayed up at night organizing plans for his workers. Making worksheets, writing out schedules and the list goes on and on. In all honestly he was annoyed. He wished  he would have a little more time to work things out. But unfortunately here he is 1 day away with nothing packed holding an emergency meeting.

"I am sorry to everyone, but it is something I can't say. But you all will eventually will find out. For now I can't say much." Another request the PD's asked was not to tell anyone about the show. It was a top secret and it cannot be spoken until the day of the comeback. Which just made Minseok irritated for a while then thought about it and just brushed it off. 
"But to continue I don't want this meeting to be long since I know most of you are busy. As I was saying. Seojin you will be working with Junho to learn about the ordering of products, checking shop numbers so on an so forth. As for you Junho not only are you going to be teaching Seojin but you are going to be managing this shop. You are basically going to fill up my place while I am gone. You will be in charge of almost everything. I am going to leave you a folder of everything you will be taking care of so I will talk to you one on one later along with Seojin to go more into detail." Minseok saw his employees nod looking worried. 
"Seojin since there are going to be changes you will be getting someone to help you. Yoon I noticed you are doing a great job at the cafe so you will be taking care of Seojin's place as of now. Minji you will be taking care of most of Junho's responsibilities. Junho I will talk in further detail with you. As of everyone else, there may be shift changes. Junho will the one that will be taking care of your shifts payroll so on and so forth. If it is an real emergency Junho will contact me. And I know I was talking with a few of you to change to the new cafe while we train new employees. That still will not be changed. The cafe will still open at the end of this month but I may or may not be there for the opening. But I am still going be in the background. The ones that are going to be in charge of interviews will he Junho and Seojin. As well as training Jaeun, Chunhei, Kyunki, and Wooseong all you are going to be training. So be prepared to move to the new cafe while everything is settled. If there are any questions let Junho and or Seojin know for now. I know it is a lot to take in." Minseok looked around to his employees some of them looked even more confused from when they came in. While others just nodded their head. 
"Okay everyone thank you for coming in. Everyone can take the rest of the day off paid of course. Junho Seojin you both will be staying with me." Everyone but Junho and Seojin were ecstatic to hear their bosses mini gift. 

One by one the employees said their goodbyes to their boss and wished him luck on his "trip"
"You too looked liked as if you aged." Minseok found is his employees expression hilarious.
"Boss why do you have to go." Seojin wined. Along with a whine from Junho. 
"Yes I have to unfortunately. But Junho you have been working with me for such a long time it is time to put your knowledge to the test. You don't have to worry to much I wrote everything down. If there is any questions you may have I wrote everything that there is to know here. Same with you Seojin. I know both of you can do this." 

~*~

"Hello. This is Sooyoung I am part of the staff. We are going to be a little late picking you up. We got stuck in traffic and we are now on our way. We are going to be there in a few more minutes."
"I see. Alright. It's no problem. Thank you for letting me know." Minseok hung up his phone putting it in his pocket a little irritated. Minseok got a call the day before saying a staff member is going to pick him up the next morning to take him somewhere. He told the staff he was able to drive himself but the staff was stubborn on how this what the executives want to do. Minseok had asked if they were going to be recording the pick up. The staff said they weren't to relax.

He didn't get any sleep the night before. Or any sleep for the past few days. After he held his emergency meeting he spend a few hours with Junho and Seojin talking about the shops.

After he arrived home he was working on the new shop and the plans. So he stayed up all night figuring everything out. He was only able to get an hour or so of sleep before he had to get up again. He was going to spend the day training Junho and Seojin how to handle things at both shops. And telling them how things are going to happen with the new shop. 

Once the day was over he went back home to start packing and organizing a few more documents for Junho and Seojin. He was up again all night preparing. He also got a call from Junmyeon which turned out he couldn't sleep. 

It didn't hit Minseok that he was going to meet his former members until he talked with Junmyeon. They both stayed up talking about how things will go. They wondered if things will be awkward or will be like back in the old days. 

Minseok talked about how much of in a rush he felt he was in and how tired he was. But as Junmyeon talked about how they are going to be on stage again. How it was really happening. How Junmyeon never thought the day would come they would once again stand on stage. 

Minseok took it to heart. He was so busy the past few days he didn't stop and think. He was no longer going to be his average Kim Minseok cafe owner. But Xiumin oldest member of EXO. He was going to be and idol again. So after the call with Junmyeon he thought back. He closed his eyes and thought about him being on stage again. Seeing the silver ocean he missed. It had finally hit him.

*beep beep*

Minseok looked around and saw a black van come toward him. Well this is nice of them.
"We are so sorry we came late. Get in, get in." This must be the lady who was on the phone. 
"It's alright. I can just put my suitcases in the back."
"Ahh yes." The male driver got out of the car to help Minseok put his suitcases into back. Minseok had packed a 2 suitcases and an extra backpack just in case his workers needed something. 

Once they settled the suitcases Minseok got into the van Sooyoung telling him to get comfortable. And to rest if he wanted they were going to on the road for almost for an hour. 
"Why is it going to take so long."
"Well the director told me not to say but I can say it is somewhere nice. So don't worry. Rest if you want. I know it is really early." Minseok didn't need to be told twice. This reminded him of the old days. When the group had many schedules how they would sleep in the car. Minseok smiled thinking back. 
Minseok looked out the window thinking. This is really happening. I am going to be meeting my members. I am going back to when I was once Xiumin.