Chapter 1

Back To When We Were Young

A/N- Hello everyone! Thank you do much for already getting 12 subbies! And an upvote I did not expect this at all! Just a little info of me. I usually make my A/N in the begining of the chapter to give you all heads up. 
As for example, in this chapter Italics mean thoughts. Stuff like this. I hope you like this first chapter. I decided to make this in to a chaptered story since there is too much I want to write about to just make it into a oneshot, and to be honest I was getting tired if typing xD. This is kind of a short chapter, let me know if it is too short. Or a good length.
And if you guys want to know more about me and stuff I do out of fanfics check out some of my blog posts. (I mainly write about my concert experiances) Now enough of my blabbering on this the story! 


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

It's another normal late summer morning. With Fall right around the corner. 42 year old Minseok is making his usual morning coffee while listening to the latest news in the background. Also not forgetting to put food out for his dog Mongi and his kitten Buba. Just another calm morning for Minseok.

It has been 10 years since the world had gotten the news of EXO’s disbandment. Back then the group had meeting after meetings and decided it was time to go their own separate ways.

It was their final comeback celebrating their 10th Anniversary. Exceeding exceptions it took the world by storm, breaking all their previous records; chart wise, music shows, and of course gaining even more awards internationally and domestic.

They all decided to hold one final world tour to thank all their fans all around the world. Fans all over the world old and new were devastated it would be the last time they would see EXO on stage. Stop by stop EXO one by one said their farewells to their precious EXO-L's.

And Before they knew it the end had come. 

They all had one last grand show and all went off to start anew.

Most of the members stayed in the entertainment world. Junmyeon had tried acting for a while then ended up starting his own entertainment company. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo both entered the acting world and from time to time releasing their own music. Chanyeol had joined Junmyeon and was the executive producer in his company. Or if Chanyeol wasn't busy he would travel to work with artist around the world. Sehun, Jongin, Yixing, and Jongdae had all gone solo. Sehun spent more time modeling being one of the top models around the world. From fashion shows to photo shoots and anything to do with the fashion industry even releasing is own clothing line and cometics..

Jongin was one of the most active. From solo albums to dance theater to even teaching dance. Or even making choreography for current idols he would travel from Japan to Korea almost on a daily basis. Jongin was always doing something. It was if he never slept. 

Yixing had returned to China after the disbandment. All of his promotions were in China, if he wasn't coming out with his own music he was acting or hosting. Whenever Yixing could he would visit Korea to do meet and greets with his fans.

Jongdae had become really popular in the ballad world known for his beautiful ballads and OST's even doing musicals here and there.

After the disbandment Minseok of course had a hard time adjusting now that he had no busy schedules but on the other hand wanted to have a private life. He did come out with a few solo albums after the split. But ended up opening his own his own cafe. It had become a major hit so he opened another cafe. So now he spends most of his time managing them.

From time to time he would get drama offers, or do photo shoots for some magazine. Maybe even guest on a popular variety show. Minseok would gladly accept the offer. And he would enjoy doing it. He would get his makeup done, get his hair done, get all dressed up. Just like back in the day.
He would be lying if he said he didn't miss his glory days. There would be days where would be at his cafe and would see the younger generation come in and talk about the latest idols and he would think back to the deafening screams, the lit up audience, the overall thrill of being on stage performing in front of thousands and thousands of fans.

Minseok would smile at his memories. But as he always says it is in the past. It was back when he was young. 

 

Minseok is now pleased with his quiet life. He liked how in the mornings he doesn't have to be rushed to get ready. When he first opened his cafe he may have rushed himself. Now that he has reliable workers he can hit the snooze button a few times. He was enjoying his time now. With a little pampering here and here.

Minseok checked the time, he has to head out to one of the cafes. He finished his coffee cleaned his dishes, said goodbye to his pets and made his way to his coffee shop.

It was a nice day not too hot and nor too cold. Minseok’s favorite weather. So he decided why not take a walk to work. He needed the exercise hes been lacking in the area for a while now.

~*~
“Good morning boss!” Minseok smiled and waved once entering his shop.
“Good morning Junho how is everything running.” Minseok asked his employee. Junho is his head barista and manager of his cafe. He has been working with Minseok since he opened his first cafe.
“Everything is going good. Morning rush is over now. We are running low on some coffee beans so I wrote in an order I just need your signature. I already put the order on top of your desk so just sign it when you can. And boss I thought you were going to check out the other shop.” Minseok nodded.
“I was but Eunwha called me this morning remodeling was going to begin today. It won’t be finished until Friday. So I will go when remodeling is finished. Go take a break if you want I can take over for now.”
“Okay boss! I have to head to the bakery to get samples of new cakes for fall. So I will be back in a few hours. Minji is coming in at 11 so you should be okay.” Minseok nodded while going behind the counter to put on his apron. He was glad he has Junho around. As his worker headed out Minseok went to do his boss duties, doing the daily paper work. He cleaned some tables restocked anything that needed to be restocked.

There weren’t many customers, it was nice for Minseok as he was backed up on some work. He was in the middle planning on opening a new cafe/restaurant. So he has lots of planning that still needs to be done before the opening.

Minseok was wiping down the counter after serving a customer he hears the chimes of the front door.
“Sorry I’m late boss. The busses were late due to an accident.” Minseok smiles at his worker. 
“Don't worry about it Minji. The accident must have been bad then.”
“Yeah I hear it was a pile up of cars. But enough of that I'm glad I didn't get here so late. So what's on the agenda boss.
“It is pretty slow right now it may pick up by lunch time. Junho went to the bakery to do a few things. Byun should be coming in my noon for lunch rush. I just finished tidying up so there really isn’t much that needed to be done. I am a bit behind in a few things so I am going to be in my office.
“Okay boss!” Minseok smiled.
“If you need anything you know where to find me.” Minji nodded.
~*~

It has been a few hours since Minseok dove into his mountain of paperwork. He was able to hear the lunch rush come through and slowly fade. Meaning he has been at it for a while now. Minseok could feel his muscles ache from sitting in the same position. He decided its a good time to take a break.  Stretching his arms getting any stiffness out. He got up from his desk to walk around his office. Stretching his back giving his shoulders a little message. That feels so much better. 

Feeling better he went back to his desk to continue his work. As he sat back down there was a knock on his door.
“Boss you busy.” 
“No come in Junho.” Minseok motioned him to come in.
“Boss there are a few people who are asking for you.” Minseok pointed to himself. “Yeah, if they can talk to you for a moment.”
“Okay tell them I will be right out.” Junho nodded and left. Minseok tied up his desk and made his way out.

Once out in the cafe he saw a few people talking to Junho. Junho turned to see his boss and he brought those people over to him.

“Hello Mr. Kim Minseok?” The man in front of him seemed no older and 35 gave him a courtesy bow.
“Ah, yes may I ask who you are.” Minseok asked slightly bowing also.
“Yes! I am a producer from MBC and this is my team. There are a few things I would like to talk about if that is alright with you.” 
“MBC really, ah yes follow me we talk in my office.”
“That would be great.”
“Minji can you bring some ice americanos.” Minseok called out.
“Coming right out!”

Minseok showed over the small crew over to his office. As they all said their hellos. 
“Please make yourselves comfortable" Minseok brought a few chairs over from the corner of his office.

Once Every one had their own chair Minseok made his way to his desk. "Can I ask what show you are from? Usually I get calls.” It had been a surprise to Minseok. Usually broadcasting companies called him if he wanted to be on a show.
“Ah yes this is actually something that can't really be told over the phone. And before I get into it can I say You really look so young. Seeing you on television is nothing in comparison." Minseok a little taken back by the compliment but flattered
"Ah... thank you..."
"No need I was a big fan of your's." Minseok smiled it had been a while since he met a fan.
"So you were saying about your program."
"Ah yes!  Actually we are a special program that was pitched.” A new show something Minseok wasn't fond of. He would shoot pilots and some of them were cut before they would air.  “We are actually planning something very special. This is a project that has been planned for a few months now.”
“What is this project?”  
“We are actually a program that wants to bring EXO back together for something special.” Minseok was taken back. Did he hear that correctly.
“Did I hear you correctly. Did you say MBC want’s to bring back Exo?” The PD nodded happily.

“If you think about it, next year is a special year. It would be Exo’s 20th anniversary. And we want to bring you all. And show Exo at least 1 more time." The PD paused for a moment after hearing a knock on the door. Minji comes in with the ice americanos. She handed everyone a coffee. Making her way out the staff all thanked her and the PD continued talking.

"But here is the what the other producers say is a twist. We don't want to just bring back the 9 members many remember.” Minseok give the man a confused look. Everything he was saying was just utter confusion. The PD noticed and continued to explain. “We made an online poll to the older generation of fans who remember Exo, and the results were amazing.” The PD motioned to one of the people in his team. They handed him a tablet and showed Minseok.

“We asked if fans could see Exo one more time how would they like to see them. And well to our surprise many wanted to see all original 12 members. The fans said they never got a proper goodbye with the members who had left. They wanted to have at least 1 meeting of all Exo members before a goodbye. So we want to make that possible. We want to see if we can be able to bring back all 12 members and celebrate Exo’s 20th anniversary.” Minseok wasn't sure what to say. It really was a lot of information to take in.
“I know it a lot of information to take in but we want to know if you can do it. This would be a great celebration. If this helps we have reached out to some of members and some have actually already agreed.” Minseok doesn't know how many times a person can be rendered speechless. This was an actual thing that was in motion. Minseok very curious wonders who it may be.
“Can I ask who?”
“Of course!” The PD seemed excited for this. “Junmyeon was the first one we contacted and he agreed almost immediately, along with Chanyeol. We had a hard time reaching Kris, but he agree-” Minseok stopped him for a second.
“Wait Kris. He agreed.” Minseok was surprised. More than surprised. It had been years since Minseok talked to the Chinese man. After he decided to leave Exo cords were cut. From time to time he would here how he was doing through the media.
“Yes. It took him a few days to think about it but he said it would be nice. It was also thanks to Kris that all the chinese members accepted also.”  
“Wait all the of them?” The PD nodded.
“Kris was the first to accept then it was Tao, Yixing and Luhan.” After the PD said the Chinese line actually agreed Minseok was flooded with memories of his early days in Exo. So many wonderful memories 

“Can you give me a few days to think it over? This is actually a lot of to take in and would like to think it over.”
“Yes of course, we understand." The PD took out something from his wallet and handed it over to Minseok.
"Here is my card just call me whenever you make your mind up.”
“Ah yes I will let you know.” Minseok shook hands with the PD and the rest of his team.
"Here let me show you out. I bet you all are busy." and he showed them out. The PD once again reminded him to call him when he made his mind up. Minseok once again reassured him he will.
After the crew had left Minseok was immediately surrounded by his employees.
“Boss so who were they?” Junho asked first.
“Yeah boss, as they left you looked like someone the life out of you.” Minseok agreed with Minji he did feel like the life was out of him.
“It’s nothing I am going to go back to my office, just let me know when you guys leave for you shift alright.”
“Yeah boss.” Minji, and Junho said.

Minseok went back to his office after making himself an iced coffee. How he needed that coffee. Plopping himself into his chair he looked down at the business card on his desk. Feeling frustration build up he took a deep breath.

He wasn't even sure why he was so frustrated. It was too much information. It was too sudden. Bringing back all Exo members…. It seems like a joke. I have to many things to worry about right now. Why did this even happen. Who's idea was this. Minseok relax just let it go. Let it go. I'm just going to pretend it didn't happen. That part of my life is over.

Minseok took a long sip from his coffee took a deep breath wanting to forget the events from earlier he went back to his long pile of paper work that still needs to be reviewed. 

~*~

Minseok is signing a few documents for the contractors who will be modeling the new restaurant. It was a very long proccess for him and he was happy all the planning is over. Well for now. 

*knock knock* 

"Come in"
“Hey boss do you have a minute.” Junho carefully peaked in softly talking to his boss. “Boss are you alright.”
“Yeah, I’m fine. I just have a lot on my mind right now.” Minseok said not looking up making Junho worried. For all the years he has worked with his boss Minseok was never the one to act this way.
“Boss, I have known you for years, and I have never seen you like this. You know you can talk to me about anything right.” Minseok stopped his unending signing and looked at Junho and smiled.
“I know, thank you Junho.”
“Then tell me what’s going boss. Wait no, right now you're my hyung, not boss. Hyung tell me what’s going on in your mind.” Minseok softly chuckled. Junho was like a little brother. When he first met him Junho was fresh out of high school unsure where to head in life. Now here he is 9 year later acting all grown up.
“Well if you really want to know sit.” Junho immediately closed the door and sat down.
“It was those people who came in to meet you right.”
“I guess you can say that.”
“Tell me hyung what happened.”
“Well they were producers from MBC. They told me they are planning a special program and want me to join that special program.”
“But, hyung this isn't the first time you get offers from tv stations.”Minseok sighed
“No it isn't. But this a different type of show. Lets say its a reunion type of show.” Junho looked at Minseok confused.
“Lets just say this show wants me to go back in time.” Junho was still very confused at his hyung.
“Whatever this reunion type show they offered, I think you should do it. If it is a show about the days you were young, why not for a while relive those moments. Doesn't it sound fun? Hyung you always used to tell me how much you miss your so called golden days. Why not go back just for a little while. Like you always tell me you only live one life. Maybe it won't be so bad. You never know. Plus hyung you are in your 40's and you aren't even married. You've got nothing to lose.” Minseok chuckled. Junho did have a point what does he have to lose.
“I am going to think about it. I am going to leave you in charge of the shop for the rest of the day okay. I have a few things I need to do.” Junho nodded.
"Remember hyung I'm here for anything. I'm going back to work. Don't think about it so much just go with your gut okay hyung."
"Thank you Junho." Junho have his boss a smile making his way out.

Minseok pondered for a while. Thinking of what Junho had told him.

Wanting to leave this small office for a while and think through all this he gathered his urgent papers to take home. Double checked he isn't forget something.

Last thing he takes is the white card sitting at the corner of his desk. What do I have to lose.
~*~

“Mongu, Bubu I’m home.” Minseok takes his shoes off as he enters his apartment and is welcomed by his pets. Petting their heads Minseok heads to the kitchen to give them a small treat. He sets his work files on his kitchen table. Gets Mongu, and Buba a treat. Once his pets are happily fed. Minseok takes a look through his fridge realizing he didn't eat lunch. Not really in the mood to cook so he took our some fruit and yogurt. 

He walked around his apartment eating his yogurt with nothing really in mind on what to do. He walked around his living room petting Mongu here and there as he followed Minseok around. We went into his bedroom by then he had finished his yogurt and through it out in the waste basket in the corner of his room. Changed into something more comfortable and once again continued to walk around his house. As if he was looking for something to do. 

He soon stopped at his storage room. Minseok had converted his guest bedroom into storage room a few years ago. It had been a while since he went in there.

All he had in there was old furniture he hasn't thrown away. Some bedding, some clothing he doesn't wear anymore along with some shoes. A few boxes of books he packed away over the years to donate.

Minseok dusted a few things in there. I should  clean up here. I didn't think it would be this dusty. He takes another look around the room and came up to open a closet. It had been years since he looked in there. Well the last time he ever put anything in there was the day he moved into this apartment. It was full of boxes all different sizes.

Minseok smiles reading the notes he left on them. He takes a few smaller boxes out giving then a quick dusting. Getting up he takes a few if the boxes and goes to his kitchen.
Minseok sets aside his work stuff and sits down. He opened on of the smallest box taking out the belongings.

Minseok smiled.

They were polaroids of him and the members. He first picks one of Junmyeon, Chanyeol and Baekhyun in a car. They look so young. I wonder how they look like now. The next one is of him and Yixing looking up into the sky. 
Minseok grabbing the apple he left takes bites of it as he looks through these polaroids he doesn't really remember when or where they were most of them were taken.

He saw one all of them posing with a trophy they won. This is must be the call me baby era. Well I think so. 
Some are even of the infamous derp faces. Minseok laughed at one of Sehun and Jongin. They really loved taking these types of pictures. 
Once he looked through most of them he packed them neatly back into is box and opened the next one. In it was a pile of his fans letters. Wow.. I didn't know I still had these. It has been 10 years since he read a fan letter. Ever since he moved.

He began to read a few letters and his smile grew even wider. He forgot about this. The love of his fans. Some of these letters were nearly 20 years old but he was still able to feel the love and support his fans just reading these. It felt as if he just received these letters. Time flies doesn't it.

Minseok finishes reading his last fan letter. Feeling an overwhelming sense of want he put back the letters neatly back into the box. He opened the last box. The biggest of all three of them.

This one seems to have some of Exo’s magazines. Since when did I even have these…
Minseok took out the first magazine, it was their final magazine. So many memories were coming back of the final year. How hard it was for the group. How every photo shoot, every show, every stage was precious. How It all ended to quickly.
Minseok began to get a little guilt build up. After everything everyone went their own way he never was in touch with s. Every once and a blue moon he would get a call from Junmyeon but it was usually a “I’m fine” “Everything's going good” “Take care see you soon”. Minseok didn't want to guilt trip himself too much so he continued to flip through the magazine.

He noticed a picture in the bottom of the page. It was a picture of Exo’s early days. He now know why he may have been feeing frustrated. His eyes fell to a certain doe-eyed human. I never thought I would ever see him again. Its been 15 years. And yet I still feel this dread.

After Luhan decided to leave Exo Minseok took it the hardest. He may have not showed it on stage but once he was alone it was very hard fro him. They had a very special relationship. They were young and in love. They thought they were able to conquer anything that was thrown to them.

But in the end some people don't have a happy ending. They tried to be friends for a while. Distance does take a toll on people so eventually they stopped contacting each other and eventually Luhan had moved on. 

It took Minseok many years to heal. To finally say "I'm okay" and truly mean it.

Do I really want to do This…

Minseok takes another look at the picture. It was when they were just rookies. Rookies with hopes and dreams to accomplish.It was also the time when he still had his best friend. More than that they were all a family.  They all worked so hard to finally be on that main stage. Even if afterwards things didn't go as once had wished.

Minseok  thought off for a while. Looking at his magazines... Think of his first win... His first concert.. The first time he met a fan of his... He wanted that attention back. The screaming and overall thrill of going back on that stage.

He looked into his wallet and took out that white card.

Reliving the glory days….. Going back onstage. I think…. It is something that I need to do. Something I want to do.