A Group of Wanderers

A Mixture of Hue

Chorong couldn't believe her eyes. This was the first sight of color she had ever seen in her entire life. She was in shock for a while before she noticed the blob was moving. That left her in more shock.

The blob was actually a group of boys walking through the valley. One of the boys, the orange one, saw Chorong and told everyone. They were ecstatic, in their own way, happy that they found another colored one. The boys began to run over to Chorong.

Chorong hopped off of the tree branch and slowly moved towards the boys. As she moved closer, she saw boys of different colrs. A red one, who looked fit, an orange one, who was the shortest of the group, a yellow one with white-ish hair, a green one, who looked the calmest, a blue one with a small, yet sad smile and a purple one with a headband.

"Uh, hello?" Chorong called out to the colored boys. The boys were dashing towards Chorong. Chorong moved a little quicker towards them. "Hi!" She began to run over towards the boys. Once she reached them, she panted. "Oh my gosh, I have never seen people like you before! Who are you guys?"

The boys stood in formation and yelled,"Wanna be your star! Hello, we are Astro!" They bowed at Chorong.

Chorong stood there, dumbfound. "Wanna be my whaaa?"

The green one chuckled. "Wanna be your star. We call ourselves Astro. I'm Jinjin, the orange one is MJ, the purple one is Rocky, red is Moonbin, Eunwoo's the blue one and that's Sanha." Sanha waved. "Aye, look at that, you guys are both yellow!"

Chorong became a little more friendly towards them. "So what are you guys doing out here? This is a pretty small and distant city."

MJ started to talk instead of Jinjin. "Well, we are travelers looking for people like us and you." He gestured to the boys. "We have traveled to many places, seen cool things, etc." Chorong was in awe. But she realized something. "Wait, don't you guys have families or somehting.?"

The boys looked at each other with concerned expressions. "Erm... about that..."

Chorong held up her hand, signalling the boys to stop. "Sorry I asked. Look, would you like to stay at my place tonight? You guys must be tired from walking so much!" The boys eagerly nodded, following Chorong back to her home.

"MOM! I'm home!" Chorong eagerly greeted her parents who were sitting on the couch, ignoring her. Her father was reading the newspaper(Pssshhhh, who does that anymore!), her mother was watching television and Mina had come home and joined her mother. Chorong waved again to her family. "Helloo?Do you guys know what's for dinner? Also, I brought some friends to stay the night!" Her mother looked up at the group and back at the TV, pointing towards the kitchen. Chorong sighed and turned towards the boys, plastering a smile on her face. "I guess we're making dinner ourselves, boys!" She went to the kitchen, the boys following except for one.

Moonbin stared at Chorong's family, shocked at how they treated Chorong. He sat down, facing them. "Is that really how you treat her everyday?" The family looked at him indifferently and scoffed. Moonbin fumed. This was way worse than how he was treated at his old home. Chorong must be really strong.

Suddenly, he had an idea. He walked to the kitchen where Chorong was making dinner. "Hey, Chorong, may the boys and I go to your room quickly?" Chorong looked at him, a little puzzled, but agreed. Moonbin gave a thumbs-up and dragged the boys upstairs. Moonbin looked at all of them, concerned. "You guys, she needs to come with us. Have you seen how they treat her? It's worse than we ever had." He sighed. "C'mon, you guys." The boys all shared looks with each other, all nodding their heads a little while later. "Alright, Eunwoo, go tell her." Eunwoo pouted and slugged downstairs.

"Aye, Eunwoo! I made burritos! You want some?" Chorong smiled as she pointed to the plate of burritos on the table. Eunwoo raised his hand to speak, but nothing could come out. He stuttered for a little, making Chorong confused. "Eunwoo, is everything alright?" Chorong looked up to see the other boys face-palming, embarrassed that Eunwoo was acting like this. Chorong was really confused now. "Guys, what happened?"

Moonbin came down the stairs and faced Chorong. "What this idiot is trying to say is that we want you to come with us on our travels. Besides, we're leaving after dinner, so it gives you time to pack." The boys nodded and Eunwoo slowly held out his hand for Chorong.

Chorong stared at them for a little before stuttering herself. "Y-you know I-I can't leave my f-f-family!" She walked over to her family, who was still ignoring Chorong. "Isn't that right, you guys? You guys don't want to see me leave, r-right?" She looked at her family in despair. Her family looked up at Chorong, stared at her for a little then waved their hands at Chorong, signalling her to leave.

Chorong stood there, heartbroken. At that moment, she realized how her family saw her. They saw her as nothing. After all of the amount of love, joy, etc. Chorong gave to them, they threw it away as if it were nothing. Chorong held her tears back, trying not to cry. She turned to the boys, who were looking at her with a mixture of shock and sympathy. Eunwoo still had his hand out. Chorong walked up to Eunwoo, grabbed his hand and smiled again.

"When are we leaving?"