A Bit of Sunshine

A Mixture of Hue

"Come on, Mina! It'll be fun!"

Chorong clapped and laughed eagerly as she hopped from rock to rock across the pond, pretending it was lava. Her eonni, Mina, however, stayed at the edge of the pond, looking at Chorong indifferently. She pulled out her black phone, plugged in her headphones and started to ignore Chorong. Chorong noticed it after a little but went back to her game. Now, she didn't really mind.

For her entire life, Chorong was yellow. Everything she wore was a shade of yellow and every possesion of her's was yellow. That also reflected her personality. Chorong was a bright, opiniated girl that was always happy. She didn't really give any f**ks to hate or gloominess. She loved life.

On the other side, Mina, like almost all people, was black and white, both as a genotype and phenotype. That meant she also didn't give any f**ks, but for everything. She always sat on her phone, looking at something. She would tune the world out.

"C'mon Mina! Get off your phone! It'll ruin your precious brain cells!" Chorong cutely pouted. She giggled and hopped off of the stones and towards Mina. Mina even didn't look up. Chorong pouted again. She pulled out one of Mina's headphones and shook her vigorously. "Mina!" Chorong yelled. Mina still didn't look up. Chorong sighed and left Mina to do her thing.

Chorong skipped down the hill to her village, which was, also, completely black and white. The stores, the homes, everything. Chorong waved to the residents, but none waved back. She brushed the flowers, which never wilted, at the plant shop, in which the owner saw her but didn't care to react. Chorong passed by the bakery, smelling the pastries. She skipped past the stores and down the marble road, lined with houses.

As she reached her house, the house at the end of the road, Chorong ran around the back and climbed the tree in her backyard. She sat on the highest branch and looked out at the valley. There were no animals, no trees, no color. It was just so... plain.

Chorong sighed. She knew she was different from everyone else, but she couldn't help it. She was born like this. A bright ball of sunshine. Maybe things would be better if there were more yellow people, but, sadly, there weren't. Everyone was black and white, which made them indifferent to the world. Chorong's family was completely black and white, excluding Chorong. Whenever Chorong asked them what's for dinner, her parents would answer in a monotone voice.