coffee and cake

coffee and cake

The coffee date with Namjoon is...odd. Although Jungkook has never been on a date himself, he's seen the ritual re-enacted in enough dramas and films to have a general idea of how one goes. Two people meet, enjoy a meal and/or do an activity together, and they enjoy the company of the other as they do. Of course, the vast majority of the dates he's vicariously experienced has been for a pair who are getting to know each other. How does the script go when lead number one is already well acquainted with the likes and dislikes of lead number two and vice-versa? Jungkook chews on the inside of his cheek.


 

“Everything alright, Jungkook? You're usually quiet today.”


 

“I'm always quiet,” Jungkook mumbles, his first words since he and Namjoon sat down to drink their coffees. He takes a sip of his drink and winces; it's now more melted ice than americano.


 

Jungkook-ah,” Namjoon says in that tone of voice he uses when Jungkook is 'being difficult'.


 

Jungkook shrugs, takes another sip of his watery drink. He doesn't want to say that their first date has been a disappointment—because it isn't; he doesn't know what it is, but it's not that—but he knows himself and he knows the restless dissatisfaction bubbling under his skin might make him say something to that effect. It's taken nearly all of his adolescence, but he finally knows how to curb his moody spells.


 

“Come on, talk to me,” Namjoon urges, leaning his head in his hand as he sits forward.


 

“It's stupid,” Jungkook mumbles around his straw.


 

“So? Jungkook, it's me, remember?”


 

Jungkook pouts, gaze dropping to the table. After a long period of internal debate, he tentatively asks, “I've never been on a date before, so how do you know if one is going well?”


 

“Usually poorly if you have to ask that question,” Namjoon says sheepishly.


 

Jungkook up a big mouthful of his coffee that doesn't really taste like coffee anymore. He's tempted to just toss it, but it's difficult when he spent nearly six thousand Won on it. God, this place is expensive. No wonder he always lets Namjoon pay for them.


 

“As for other dates, feel free to suggest something that you'd like to do. Coffee was just all I could think of at the time since we come here regularly anyway.”


 

Namjoon's light and jocular tone and the mention of a second date make Jungkook look up from the ring of condensation forming around the bottom of his cup. “So, you're not upset?” He has to ask just to be certain.


 

Namjoon shakes his head, his lips easily curving in a smile.


 

“Oh.” Jungkook relaxes in his seat. “Could...could we possibly do something else?” He drops his gaze again, drawing idle patterns on the table with his index finger.


 

“Of course,” Namjoon chuckles.


 

“I mean, like, right now?” Jungkook frowns, dipping his finger in the condensation ring.


 

Namjoon hums. “Depends on what it is. I've got a lecture in an hour,” he says with a glance at his watch.


 

Jungkook takes a deep breath and forces the words out on exhale. “Could we make out?” He furiously rubs his finger in the small pool of water.


 

The following four seconds of silence are the loudest and longest that Jungkook has ever experienced. If Namjoon had taken any longer to respond, Jungkook would probably have knocked over his cup with his fidgeting, causing a mess for the staff to clean up and potentially soiling the clothes of the man he's admired for years.


 

“Um, well, yeah, I guess we could,” Namjoon says with a small, self-conscious chuckle.


 

Jungkook peaks up at him through his eyelashes and finds a dusting of pink on the older man's cheeks. Shocked, he sits ramrod straight. Namjoon's chuckle turns into a full fledged laugh, but he covers his mouth with his hand and squeezes his eyes shut in a gesture that betrays his shyness. Jungkook stares at him without blinking. He's so used to their dynamic as a hyung and a dongsaeng that he forgets about the fact that he's an Alpha and Namjoon is an Omega. He's got more power than he realises.


 

Clearing his throat, he leans forward and tries to channel the sultry aura from yesterday. “Namjoon-ah, let me love you with my lips,” he whispers. To his consternation, Namjoon bursts out laughing. His cheeks flushing with heat, Jungkook sits back with a pout. On reflex, he dodges the balled up napkin that Namjoon lobs at his head.


 

“Let's go before I change my mind,” Namjoon says through his waning laughter.


 

Jungkook doesn't need to be told twice.


 


 


 


 


 

“I honestly shouldn't even be doing this,” Namjoon says to himself as he punches in the passcode of his apartment.


 

“Why not?” Jungkook frowns, anxious at the prospect of getting deprived at the very last minute.


 

Namjoon throws him a look over his shoulder before he opens the door and steps inside. It takes Jungkook a full minute before he recalls what nearly happened on the very sofa he and Namjoon are now reclining on.


 

“Oh.”


 

Namjoon snorts, shaking his head. The obvious fondness in his gaze stops Jungkook from getting too petulant.


 

“Okay, so we both got carried away yesterday,” Jungkook admits sheepishly, “but I think that was mostly because we were caught off our guard. We 'll be fine today,” he finishes with what he hopes sounds like complete confidence.


 

“Perhaps,” Namjoon murmurs, a hint of doubt in his voice. Jungkook bites his bottom lip. Namjoon carelessly shakes his head. “Whatever. Come here.”


 

Jungkook bounds forward with a grin. His lips crash into Namjoon's with more force than intended, the impact drawing surprised grunts from the both of them. He pulls back a bit, pausing to his lips and check for injury before he—slowly—leans forward again, head tilted to one side. This time their lips slot easily together.


 

Namjoon's lips are still as plush and pillow soft as Jungkook remembers. Sighing through his nose, Jungkook Namjoon's bottom lip into his mouth and lightly nibbles on it. Namjoon's chest rumbles with a moan as he slumps back against the arm of the sofa. Jungkook shifts his position as he leans down with him, all but crawling into the older man's lap. With a few more and nibbles, Namjoon's lips yield, allowing Jungkook's tongue access to his warm, wet mouth.


 

Unsurprisingly, the bitter taste of coffee and the sweetness of cake still lingers. Jungkook tasks himself with kissing the tastes away before he has to pull away to breathe. He starts off slowly, alternating between gentle sweeps and light flicks of his tongue over Namjoon's. Namjoon responds in kind. He catches Jungkook off guard when he suddenly sits up, his arms wrapped around Jungkook's waist. Namjoon quickly presses his advantage, moving his mouth with a quickness that Jungkook struggles to keep pace with. Several frenzied seconds later, Namjoon pauses to breathe. Sensing an opening, Jungkook repositions himself into a kneel and tips his body backwards. His arms still wrapped around Jungkook's waist, Namjoon comes crashing down on top of him. Namjoon gasps. Jungkook cups his cheeks and reconnects their lips.


 

Namjoon tenses up, his body weight pressing Jungkook into the sofa. Jungkook moans, his hips bucking up reflexively. Namjoon is taller and heavier than him, and if he ever got serious about working out, he could be even stronger. Maybe he's twisted but one persistent fantasy of Jungkook's is of wrestling with Namjoon for the right to control. As an Alpha, he should be mortified—or even revolted—at the thought of an Omega overpowering him, but in his fantasy, Namjoon wins more times than he loses.


 

As the tension bleeds out of Namjoon's muscles, Jungkook melts into the sofa. He tilts his head back and lets the older man explore his mouth. When Namjoon starts to pull away, Jungkook wraps his arms around Namjoon's neck and sits up, mindlessly following him until he's stopped by a long finger.


 

Jungkook's eyelids flutter in a dopey blink. “...Huh?”


 

“Sorry, lover boy, I've got to get to my lecture,” Namjoon chuckles, his lips gorgeously swollen. “I'm ninety percent sure you have class too.”


 

Jungkook throws his head back, groan loudly. His frustration only doubles when Namjoon ruffles his hair and gets up from the sofa, seemingly unaffected. “I can't believe you can even think about school right now.” He flops back onto the leather, rolling himself onto his stomach and pressing his face into the cushion. “Can't you just skip?” He can barely heard his own words, God knows how Namjoon does.


 

Namjoon clicks his tongue. “It's a shame to give so little value to your education, Jungkook-ah,” he calls out, his voice growing more and more faint as his footsteps move away. “I'll see you in a few hours.”


 

He shouldn't be surprised by the thudding of the door being closed and the ensuing silence, but Jungkook was fervently hoping that Namjoon was only teasing him. Alas, when he finally pries his face from the newly formed imprint in the sofa, he finds himself alone. He pouts. Glancing down, he sees that he's calmed down somewhat, but is still very much . Sullenly, he slinks off to the toilet. He pauses outside Namjoon's door, his hand twitching at his side. Although he's not one for cleaning, Namjoon has done great job of eradicating the post-heat musk that previously hung in the air. But even if he washed and changed his sheets, there's still got to be some lingering scent in the bed that he...


 

Jungkook swallows. It's not like he's never been inside Namjoon's bedroom before. And Namjoon never specifically said he couldn't go in. And they're, like, dating now (kind of), so it shouldn't—


 

it, Jungkook thinks as he turns the doorknob.


 

Closing the door behind him, he inhales deeply. Namjoon's scent still lingers in the air, but it's faint. He pauses for a second at the foot of Namjoon's double bed, glancing at the mattress and his sloppily folded pyjamas in turn. Biting his lip, Jungkook shakes his head and looks away from the pyjamas. He steps forward and flops face first onto Namjoon's bed. His nose doesn't even make contact before the sweet, earthy scent floods his senses. A few more huffs and he's back to full hardness.


 

Rolling himself onto his back, Jungkook grins brightly, arching his back as he s his jeans and slips a hand into his tented boxers. It's amazing how worked up he is just from kissing. He's at least done that before, but he never felt such a strong compulsion to take it further. He moans as he applies pressure at the base and moves his hand up the shaft, all but squeezing the pre- out of his . He wasn't pressing for it like he was yesterday, but he definitely would've went for —went for something—if Namjoon would've let him. The feel of Namjoon's soft lips still fresh in his mind, Jungkook imagines them stretched around his , imagines Namjoon's head replacing his own hand as it moves up and down his shaft. Jungkook bites his lip. His breath hitches, getting quicker and shallower as he approaches the crest of his .


 

“Ahhhh!”


 

He arches his hips off the bed, frantically ing up into his hand. With a sigh, he collapses, his entire body going boneless as his strength and energy leaves him. In a second, he goes from being overheated to shivering. He instinctively moves to wrap himself up in Namjoon's blankets when he feels the sticky wetness on his shirt. He catapults up, frantically scanning the bed to make sure he didn't get any of his on Namjoon's sheets. He would notice that. Thankfully, Jungkook's shirt is the only casualty. He strips it off and balls it up, making a mental note to wash it before he leaves. Or maybe he'll fold it up and carry it back.


 

He makes his way to Namjoon's chest of drawers and grabs a clean shirt as he weighs the pros and cons of both options. He's heading back out the door, when a cute cartoon drawing catches his eye. It's a calendar featuring one of those mobile phone mascots that Namjoon loves so much. It doesn't seem to matter how many plushies, phone cases, socks, pyjamas or keyrings Namjoon gets with the mane-less lion, he's always happy for more. Chuckling to himself, Jungkook takes a closer look at the calendar and notices two prominent red marks—one from last week and the about three weeks from now.


 

Jungkook gets halfway through ruling out all the birthdays of the people he knows in Namjoon's social circle before understands. And that...It's a bit early, but they really should talk about that before Namjoon's next heat. Jungkook shouldn't just assume...


 

He gives his head a good shake. When the worry and doubt starts to creep back, Jungkook decides he will head to class. After all, nothing drains his mind of thought more effectively than an hour of statistics. If he can find his nerve, he'll broach the topic with Namjoon later. His mind made up, he leaves Namjoon's apartment.


 

Class goes a long way in keeping Jungkook from fixating on , but it doesn't erase a persistent niggle at the back of his mind. There doesn't seem to be an assignment or a project that he's forgotten to finish, but the niggle doesn't go away. Maybe there's something he needs to pick up at the supermarket. He's going through the memos in his phone, checking for a shopping list, when it buzzes with a text notification.


 


 


 


 

namjoonie-hyung:

I swear to God, Jungkook: if you leave one more stained article of clothing in my apartment, this whole thing is over


 


 

 

Jeon Jungkookie:

...oops

knew I forgot something :c


 


 


 

namjoonie-hyung:

ing hell, man

At least rinse it so it doesn't go all flaky


 


 


 

Jeon Jungkookie:

noted :F

oh

can we talk about something?