Passionfruit

Feels

Chaeyoung felt her hands move across her face, trying to scrub the dried blood off her face and over her eyelids. While had been spared due to the mouth mask she was wearing, every other part of her body that was not clothed was covered in the dazzlingly red liquid.

 

Wiping off the remaining blood with the cloth from her bathroom, she paused to examine a cut on her forehead. Strange, she never felt a thing when she was fighting just now. After all, everything had happened in a blur, too fast for Chaeyoung to feel.

 

Speaking of fighting… Chaeyoung slowly peeked around the door, glancing at the hunched figure perched on her bed with her hands hugging her knees. Dahyun had been pretty shaken up, refusing to talk at all on the way to Chaeyoung’s house. All she had done ever since she had arrived, was sit on her bed and stare at the wall, emotionless eyes never moving once.

 

Chaeyoung sighed- the only way she could get Dahyun to talk was to hope she did it of her own accord. Dahyun was a naturally talkative person, so whenever she felt upset she would normally shut up for a few days. Chaeyoung really hoped she wouldn’t be talking to a blank wall for the rest of the week. Oh well, at least she could treat Dahyun’s wounds while she was at it to save time.

 

Grabbing the towel next to her, chaeyoung slung it around her neck to dry her damp hair before taking the first aid kit hidden in the cabinet. With soft padded footsteps, Chaeyoung crossed her bedroom, and slowly sank into the comfortable duvet of her bed next to her best friend, careful not to startle her. Silence filled the small space between the two as Dahyun gave no indication that she noticed her entrance, simply continuing to stare at the wall dazedly.

Slowly, Chaeyoung let her hand fall on Dahyun’s knees, slowly caressing her with smooth reassuring touches as she locked eyes with the emotional wreck across her.  “At least let me patch you up” Chaeyoung asked Dahyun gently, giving her a reassuring smile and hoping to soothe her anxiety.

 

Slowly but surely, the clamped knees were released from the cage her hands had formed around them, and Dahyun’s limbs slowly extended out as a sign of acceptance. Chaeyoung breathed a sigh of relief, knowing at least that this was the first step in the right direction.

 

With the gentleness and care only someone superhuman could achieve, Chaeyoung slowly applied some salve to the giant cut on Dahyun’s cheek and the rest of her wounds. She could see Dahyun wincing out of the corner of her eye, but sadly it couldn’t be helped, this ointment was painful but effective.

 

Just as Chaeyoung finished bandaging up the cut, she felt a drop of warm water splatter onto her hand, before being followed by a couple more. Glancing up, she was surprised to see Dahyun’s eyes sparkle with tears, each drop glistening with so much pain and emotion as she stared right into chaeyoung’s eyes trying to convey unspeakable emotions.

 

Reaching out a comforting hand, Chaeyoung watched as Dahyun closed her eyes, the tears rolling freely down her cheeks and soaking her bed. Chaeyoung watched helplessly as she saw her best friend cry more than she ever had in her entire life, feeling her heart shatter into pieces at her uselessness and at the unfairness of it all. She knew what Dahyun was going through- she had felt it before. Many times, actually. The only difference was that all the pain she felt, she would transform it into energy for beating up the offender. But this giant blubbering blob of tofu in front of her was anything but violent, more forgiving than vengeful.

 

“C-Chaeyoung…” Hearing her stuttered whisper through nerve-wracking sobs, Chaeyoung glanced up and saw Dahyun staring at her with soulful intensity. “You aren’t useless.”

 

Chaeyoung opened to retort, but Dahyun cut her off immediately. “I know what you’re thinking, but you aren’t. Without you, I wouldn’t be here in this mansion safe and sound, or away from those gangsters. Hell, if you hadn’t been here, I-I-I probably would have gotten-gotten ra-.” At this, a fresh wave of tears sprung from her eyes, and she was forced to stop as she sobbed even louder.

 

“You deserve to know, being the one person who saved me when I thought I was already gone. Chaeyoung, I don’t say this enough, but I’m always grateful for you. And now, I owe you my life- I’m indebted to you.”

 

“So let me repay part of my debt, with the reason why I was here in the first place- something I should have told you all a long time ago, you and Sana both. You all know that I don’t talk about my family much, simply because I didn’t want either of you to know that my mom contracted cancer last year. I know you would have used your money to pay for her bills, or something else to help. But I didn’t want that- I wanted to help my mom by using my own means, not my friends. So, I went to find odd jobs, things that no one wanted to do, except me. Then, I met Archie Cuttingham… He introduced me to the idea, that he could give me a loan to pay for my mother’s fee, and wait for me to pay It back with a small amount of interest. So, whenever I could, I would be working my off to pay off that loan. Then a few weeks ago my mom had a heart attack, almost costing her her life and something I wasn’t prepared for. Remember cross country? Where I said I fell sick? Well I just found out that my mom could have died that morning, and I spent the entire day puking at the hospital next to her. Then Archie suddenly demanded more and more money, knowing I was going to be desperate- and I was. So, I just worked more and more, and up to this year I was still trying to pay it all off. Then, tonight happened, and he had already threatened me with this ever since he knew I was a . He had beat me and everything, but, to take my ity was too precious.”

Dahyun glanced up, fixing Chaeyoung with a piercing stare. “And you know the rest- how you jumped in like my savior and beat everyone to death.”

 

“I want you to know,” Chaeyoung gulped at the seriousness of the situation, and how Dahyun was still crying, “that I love you and will always be by your side.”

 

At this, Chaeyoung felt a buzzing warmth enter her body and spread to her limbs and face, making her smile with happiness at the sincerity of her statement. “Don’t worry Dahyun” Chaeyoung flashed her a reassuring smile, hoping to calm her nerves and reduce her crying. “I’ll be there for you too, anywhere and everywhere.”

 

The tear-streaken smile that stretched across her face was enough to light up the dim room, and Dahyun embraced Chaeyoung in a back-breaking hug as tears dripped onto the bedsheets. The two remain locked in the embrace for a long while, hands never letting go in the efforts of one to comfort the other.

 

It was a few minutes before Chaeyoung finally pulled away, hands lingering on Dahyun’s shoulders. Letting out a shaky giggle, Dahyun wiped away the remaining tear stains from her cheeks with her hand, smiling as she fixed Chaeyoung with a stare full of emotions. Likewise, across the bed, Chaeyoung gave a reassuring grin too, trying to convey the message to her best friend- that she will always be there, no matter what.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t know how it happened, but she could feel the distance between them shorten, separated only by a hair’s breadth. What used to be cool, cold air in front of her had turned into warm humid breaths lightly caressing her face, each breath smelling like the strawberry toothpaste Dahyun uses daily. Short bated breaths filled the air, blending with the silence harmoniously as the two girls stared at each other on the king-sized bed. Chaeyoung didn’t know what tension it was, but she knew it was thick enough to cut with a knife. Neither side was saying anything, faces simply drawing closer, pulled by some unknown attraction.

 

In perfect synchronization, both of their bodies moved closer to each other with their hands unintentionally caressing the other. Somewhere in the back of her hazy mind, Chaeyoung knew what was probably going to happen- but she knew she wanted it to, and she didn’t know why. She knew she was going to kiss her best friend without feeling any attraction for her, but at this very moment Chaeyoung couldn’t care less. She had killed a drug kingpin and saved her friend from a bunch of - anything crazy was allowed to happen.

 

“Son Chaeyoung.”

 

With a voice too gentle and alluring, Dahyun leaned closer with hooded eyes, her gaze trained on Chaeyoung’s pink chaste lips. Chaeyoung watched as Dahyun’s tongue unintentionally her own lips in preparation, and suddenly Chaeyoung was thinking about Dahyun’s red succulent lips and how they would taste like- probably strawberry-

 

With a force surprising for someone her stature, Chaeyoung felt her body being pushed onto her bed, back pressed against her soft sheets as Dahyun’s lips encapsulated hers in a heaty kiss. Instantly, Chaeyoung felt a blazing heat travel throughout her body, warming her up and filling her with an equally intensive feeling- passion. Lips molding together like a intimate dance, the two bodies fell against each other, causing the room to become stuffy with the sudden humidity generated with their bodies. Chaeyoung felt a shudder run through her body as Dahyun’s hands cupped her face, the warmth enough to spread throughout Chaeyoung’s tiny little frame. The two felt their hair and hands being tangled up, but they were too caught up in the sudden passion that had overtook them, simply letting their lips lock and move in rhythm against each other. Chaeyoung felt Dahyun’s tongue lightly graze across her lips, and unintentionally she let out a small moan at the pleasure she felt race across her body. Feeling Dahyun’s tongue dart into , Chaeyoung inwardly gave a sigh as she felt the foreign exotic pleasures of making out intensively, before the tongue left as quickly as it came.

 

Suddenly, she felt Dahyun’s lips leave her embrace entirely, and the passionate atmosphere was suddenly broken by loud booming laughter. Chaeyoung rubbed her heavy eyes, only to see that Dahyun was shaking with mirth as she gave Chaeyoung the widest smirk. The whole entire bed shook as she let out hearty chuckles, causing Chaeyoung to flush with embarrassment at her involuntary gasp of pleasure.

 

“Was I really that good, Son Chaeyoung?” Dahyun winked mischievously at the blushing figure seated across her, both feeling breathless at the intense passion they had fallen prey to. Chaeyoung could only grunt in reply, wondering how the hell her friend had made her feel so many emotions all at once. She wasn’t a lips , she already had some kissing experience under her belt. But Dahyun’s kissing was something else entirely- it had taken her on an emotional rollercoaster with the only way being up.

 

She was never going to say that, however, because Dahyun will definitely about it.

 

“You’re a good kisser, in case you wondering.” Chaeyoung glanced up in surprise at Dahyun’s bold proclamation, only to see she had rolled over to the far side of her bed, back facing Chaeyoung so her face couldn’t be seen.

 

Whether She was really sleeping or not didn’t matter to Chaeyoung, after all it was much better they talk this out in the morning- not when they just had an intense make out session.

 

Letting her body sink into the bed, Chaeyoung could feel her face turn slightly red at the indecent thoughts she was having. Chaeyoung desperately whacked her head in frustration- she was not having hot thoughts about her best friend. With a determined grunt, Chaeyoung pulled the sheets over her head and faced her back to Dahyun. It was the only way she could sleep anyway, given the recent events.

 

 Still, that was damn hot.