Kids

Feels

The noise from the canteen reached Chaeyoung’s ears, causing her to glance up in surprise. Being a Monday Morning, not many students had sufficient energy to cause their usual mayhem- that only started around Wednesday during free periods.

 

Chaeyoung couldn’t see what the fuss was all about, which wasn’t hard to imagine why when she was standing tall at 1.59 meters. She could try to see ahead with her extended vision, but she was having fun closing her eyes and swaying her hips to Ariana’s new album.

 

Yes, she was a weirdo, but at least she could kick .  That’s always a plus, at least in her book.

 

Finally reaching the messily arranged canteen, Chaeyoung easily slipped between the crowds of people gathered there, attracting no attention whatsoever as she struggled to find a good vantage point. She was never going to see anything at this rate.

 

Careful not to be seen, she closed her eyes and concentrated, feeling the familiar rush of power surge through her veins. She knew the risk that could come with this action, but she had a strong urge to satisfy her curiosity.

 

As expected, she felt her feet lift ever so carefully off the ground, too small for the average joe to notice. Smirking quietly to herself, Chaeyoung gave her head one last stretch to rise above this dude with hair the size of a lion’s mane, her vision finally unobstructed.

 

And she saw it. The fists thrown angrily at each other, catcalls echoing loudly in the makeshift mosh pit that had gathered around the school’s latest attraction. The angry vulgarities tossed at the opponent, words swallowed up by the scream of the passionate crowd

 

Amidst all the commotion, the useless principal Mr. Park was nowhere to be seen, as expected. Craning her neck ever so slightly, Chaeyoung could make out the shapes of 2 women fighting in the center, with the occasional hair pulling and fingernails grazing the other’s cheek.

 

A flash of orange hair appeared for a brief moment, and Chaeyoung knew at once who that was- Lisa, leader of the self-composed musical group BlackPink. Otherwise known as a relatively peaceful person, Lisa was the complete package- smart, pretty and talented. And if she was angry enough to fight like this, then that means the other person had to be-

 

“SON CHAEYOUNG!” Chaeyoung turned around at lightning speed, knowing the familiar sound and the chills it sent down her spine. This however, did nothing to avoid the solid smack that hit her dead on.

 

“OW!” Wincing in Pain, Chaeyoung felt her feet hit solid ground, hands reaching to massage her skull. However, her hands met soft flesh instead and with a force reminiscent of a tidal wave she was pulled away from the crowd.

 

After what seemed forever, her hand finally became free, and with the cutest puppy face she could muster she turned to her best friends- Kim Dahyun and Minatozaki Sana. Otherwise known as the angelic couple of Hanlim Multi Art School, they didn’t look very angelic at the moment, with the familiar looks of disappointment and anger written on their face.

 

“Yes?” Chaeyoung asked sweetly, hoping to force a smile on their faces. Usually, Sana was a er for aegyo, but it seemed Chaeyoung was out of luck. Sana looked positively livid, and her face was red and puffy like a volcano. Just imagine a angry hamster scolding you- that was the situation Chaeyoung was facing.

 

So naturally, Chaeyoung burst out laughing. A rare grin stretched across her face, and she could feel her jaw ache as she gasped for breath.

 

Uncontrollably, Dahyun let a small grin flit across her face, causing most of the anger and tension between the three to dissipate. After all, seeing chaeyoung laugh was a rare sight- as precious as a rare jewel.

 

Realizing that she had been kidnapped into an empty classroom, Chaeyoung sighed in relief. she didn’t want anyone to think she had emotions- it made her an easier target to bully. Not that it mattered, considering how she could kick their asses, but she didn’t like to waste energy on those pathetic people.

 

“OI! Son Chaeyoung, did you not know how dangerous that was?” The high-pitched voice rang throughout the classroom, bouncing off the walls and forcing Chaeyoung to cover her ears in pain.

 

Oh, that’s right, Chaeyoung almost forgot. Sana.

 

“Look, no one noticed okay” Chaeyoung argued, “No one cares about me enough to notice. And besides, isn’t that Lisa and Tzuyu? Someone want to tell me what the hell just happened?”

 

At this, Sana and Dahyun exchanged glances before Sana sighed begrudgingly.

 

“From what I heard” Sana said as she sat down on the teacher’s table, “Tzuyu found out Mark was cheating on her. With Lisa.”

 

“ what the-” Chaeyoung couldn’t describe where the sudden anger came from, but she was ready to tear this a new one. “What in the fu- I swear, when I get my hands on Lisa that girl is going to wish she was a freaking eggplant, the little . “

 

Sana rolled her eyes, “And what are you going to do? Fry them with your powers? Are you really going to reveal your secret to everyone just because you like-”

 

“Lalala!” Chaeyoung didn’t need to hear what came next nor did she want to. With hands covering her ears, Chaeyoung quickly levitated her bag onto her shoulders and ran out of the classroom leaving behind the couple to shake their heads in laughter at her childishness.

 

Safely out of earshot, Chaeyoung leant against the wall, heart pounding for an entirely different reason. She didn’t know either, why she was getting worked so up at the thought of someone cheating on somebody, especially Tzuyu. The mother of all evil, the witch of tyranny.

 

Even if Chaeyoung did admit that she had taken a tiny tiny liking to Tzuyu’s God-given facial features, it still didn’t explain this sudden whirlwind of emotions she was feeling. Maybe the bread she ate this morning was expired, yeah that must definitely be it.

 

This feeling could wait anyway, she had an Advanced Math class to catch. Dismissing the burning warmth inside her at the thought of Tzuyu, she shouldered her converse bag and took off, ready to start the day off.