- Four

Harum Scarum

"Yuna..." Hobi begged, pushing his math notebook over to me. "Please help me." 

Jaehee, who was beside me, cocked an eyebrow at Hobi's action, while Jungkook stopped in the midst of computing answers. "Wah.. you never told me you were good at math." she pouted. 

"Me too," Jaehee and Jungkook said in union, making Jaehee blush and purse her lips. "Really, I don't get our lesson. It's just so complicated." 

Hobi frowned. "Come on, at least teach me first, Yuna? Math is our next subject after lunch. I'm dead if I don't get this done by then. Pretty please?" 

I sighed and grabbed his notebook, then started writing down everything he needed to do, basically the formula, except added some techniques he could use just in case he was in trouble. I was teaching Jaehee, when suddenly I was distracted by loud screams entering. 

"Ah! Seokjin is so handsome." I heard most of them say. I slightly turned my head and saw a senior making his way to one of the tables, some girls following his trail. He started eating on his own, smiling at the girls from time to time, but nonetheless didn't seem to be too bothered. 

"Seokjin?" I cocked an eyebrow. 

"You haven't heard of him?" Jaehee questioned, closing her notebook as I started writing the exact same formula in Jungkook's notebook. I shook my head. "He's the senior heartthrob, Kim Seokjin. Almost every girl in campus has a crush on him." 

I turned my head to glance at him again. "I guess he's good-looking." 

"And get this: he's smart, nice, and he's amazing at cooking! Girls are dying to get a taste of his cooking." she added, resting her chin on top of her palm, four of our gazes on him.

I was tempted to talk to him; partly because he was alone, and partly because he seemed nice anyways. I wasn't used to seeing people being alone. Especially seniors.. 

"Maybe we should talk to him." I stood up, earning crazed glances from my friends. 

"Uh.. and why is that?" Jaehee sighed, tapping her fingers on the table. "Are you already falling for him, Suyung? Just admit it." she playfully punched my shoulder, making me roll my eyes. 

"What's with you teasing me so much about my lovelife?" I managed to chuckle, then shook my head. "Nah. He seems nice, doesn't he?" 

"Well, I want him to be my friend, too! Look at that smile! He's so handsome!" Hobi encouraged, standing up as well. "Oops, that sounded wrong, but you get what I mean!" 

"I-" 

The bell rang, cutting me off. Seokjin immediately stood up from the table, cleaning up his mess neatly, before walking out of the cafeteria. I ran my fingers through my hair out of frustration. 

"Fine, I'll talk to him once I get to." 

"So.. how was the audition for you and Jungkook?" I asked them, my vanilla ice cream. I my heel so I was walking backwards in front of them.  Get this; I'm not a fan of chocolate. Call me crazy, but I've never been into it. Unlike Jungkook.. 

"We killed it, Yuna." Jungkook smiled widely, raising a thumbs up, since he was holding chocolate ice cream in his other hand. 

"And we got in!" Hobi added, lending out his free hand for Jungkook. Jungkook glanced at it for a while, then grinned and high-fived him. 

"Well, consider this ice cream as a treat from me then." I laughed, now walking normally. "I'm proud of you two." 

"We didn't audition together, though." Hobi said, smiling. "Jungkook here sure has a competitive spirit. He wanted to watch me perform, and he wanted me to watch him perform. I guess that still makes us rivals, huh?" 

"Friendly rivals." Jungkook shrugged. 

"Geez, just make up already and do a collaboration!" I said, making hand motions and sound effects as I did so. 

"Nah, we're fine." Hobi reassured. "Anyways, I'm not good with geography, so I don't really remember where that ramen shop is.." he glanced at different directions, his ice cream in hand. 

"Well, you did mention that it was by the welcome sign." I reminded. "It's close." 

"Yuna, you're such a responsible daughter! It warms my heart. Are you an only child?" he asked curiously. From the corner of my eye, I could see Jungkook steal my a sneaky glance.

"Glad you asked that." I breathed out, shrugging and swallowing the last bit of my cone. I looked down on my wrist and stared at my friendship bracelet, something I made for me and Jungkook. 

"Believe it or not, I'm not an only child." I replied. "I have an older sister." 

Hobi's eyes widened, and he inched closer, his mouth agape. "Wah? Really?! Why haven't I seen her when I was in your house? How old is she? Are you two close?" he continued bombarding me questions. 

"She studies in Seoul." I answered. "She's a senior, and no, we're not close." 

Before he even got to ask, I held up a hand, making me continue. "When I was a kid, I was always with my Grandma. I basically grew up with her. I slept at her house, she took care of me.. growing up, she taught me how to play the piano.." 

"But when she passed away two years ago, her house was demolished. My parents didn't gave enough money to keep it. They sent my sister to Seoul to live with my aunt so she could be the breadwinner. I was left here. But I'm not complaining." 

"Yuna.." Hobi trailed off, a frown on his face. It looked so unnatural on him I felt so guilty after talking about my childhood. 

"If there's something I don't want to see right now, it's you frowning, Hobi. Lighten up." I tiptoed and placed two fingers on the edge of his lips, curling it into a smile. "It's like the sun not being able to give light." 

He smiled, but it was faint. "I'm sorry anyways. And.. wow! New things on my bucketlist; see and hear Yuna play the piano!" 

"She's pretty good." Jungkook grinned. "She used to always ramble on and on about pieces and notes and keys." 

Thinking about my childhood again, I missed my grandma even more. She was the one that encouraged me to be a musician. To always reach for my dreams. She was the one that taught me to always help other people, to make them happy.. 

She was that type of person. She was helpful. She was kind. I always wanted to be like her. 

I shook my head and forced a smile. "Psh. It's not like I used to sleepwalk all the way to your house!" 

Jungkook turned his head. "Hey!" 

"I just noticed.." Hobi started, his gaze on our hands. "Are those friendship bracelets? How adorable! Ah! My hearteu." 

"Yeah. I'm the considerate one in this friendship so go figure who made them." I joked, playfully glaring at Jungkook. 

Hobi laughed. "Both of you are so adorable! Wah, if only we were the same age." he moved his hands closer as if he wanted to pinch our cheeks. 

Jungkook lowered his head, then looked up at me. "Yuna, your shoes are basically dying. Why not get new ones? Like mine." he started cutting shapes, obviously showing off. 

"I'm not as wealthy as you, Jeon Jungkook." I rolled my eyes and started walking in a way so that I could see my shoes. Now that he mentioned it, it did look like crap. The bottom part was going to fall of any sooner. 

"I can't believe I never noticed!" Hobi frowned, assisting me to a nearby bench and forcing me to sit down. "Yuna, walking with those shoes is dangerous! What if the base falls off and you have to walk barefooted and get a splinter?" 

Jungkook scoffed. "What's with you being so protective all of a sudden?" 

"Hobi, what the hell are you doing?" I narrowed my eyes once I saw him pull out a pair of slippers from his bag. "And why the hell do you have that with you?" me and Jungkook sustained our laughs. 

"It's when my feet need air." he explained. "But in the meantime, I'll let you have it." he said, inserting my feet into the slippers. 

I couldn't help but smile. We've only known each other for what, 5 days? And he's so nice. I trust him with all my heart. 

"And what do you expect us to do with these shoes?" Jungkook covered his nose as he lifted up one of my shoes by the shoelace. I growled and playfully punched him in the shoulder. 

Hobi assisted me to stand up, and then smiled at me again. "Woah! Yuna, is it just me or did you get shorter?" he questioned, measuring my height with Jungkook's. Was it my fault I only reached Jungkook's shoulder? 

"Ha! I forgot about your addiction with insoles." Jungkook stuck out his tongue. 

"But I'm never going to forget your addiction with noonas." I rolled my eyes. 

"No, but seriously, where are we going to put those?" Jungkook repeated as I make my way to my white sneakers and started carrying them. 

"You wanna know what me and my sister used to do to shoes that don't fit us anymore?" Hobi said excitedly as we started walking. "We throw them there!" he pointed at the open lake in front of us. 

Me and Jungkook locked eyes, then laughed. "That's crazy." 

"It's kind of like an offering to Poseidon or something." Hobi reassured. 

"I don't think Poseidon'll like these." I pointed out, holding my shoes by the broken base. "And I don't think the fishes will, too." 

"Come on, just believe me. They'll probably be washed ashore by a shoe fixer and he'll make it new again!" 

"This sounds complicated for a broken shoe." Jungkook sighed, as we followed Hobi by the railings. 

"There. Just throw it there." Hobi said, pointing to the open waters. 

I sighed and looked down on my sneakers. "Well, I'm hoping you get fixed by someone. Have a safe trip." and with that, I threw them. 

"Sad." I frowned. 

"Hey, look, it's the ramen shop." Jungkook pointed out. Once we turned our heads, well, it was standing right in front of us. It was obviously new. I can see that, and it seemed to be in good business too.

We walked inside, me inside the fashionable slippers Hobi gave me. At least it was comfortable. All I know is that I would choose comfort than looks any time. 

As expected, the ramen shop had customers but not too many. At least half of the tables were occupied, but the restaurant didn't seem too busy. We made our way to the counter and found a man in his late 20's reading a book. 

"Uh, excuse me?" I started, tapping the bell on the counter. Jungkook and Hobi were nowhere to be seen, but I could hear them fangirling behind me on the food smelling and looking so good. 

The man looked up, cocking an eyebrow, before standing up. He smiled. "Sorry for waiting. Anything you need, miss?" he eyed me, but I ignored it. 

"Can I talk to your manager? I would like to sign up for a job." I said, flashing him a small smile.

He paused for a while. "Yeah. I'm the manager. And unfortunately, we're not looking for new employees at the moment." 

"Oh." I said, my eyes darting down to his nametag. 'Yuhan'. 

He was right, though. From what I could see, they had skilfull employees, or they had enough. But maybe I could still get the chance. 

"But please, any job would do." I started. "I really need it." 

He cocked an eyebrow. "Alright.. I'll try and fill in a new spot for you. Let me get the form." 

I nodded and looked over my shoulder to see what the two were up to. Fortunately, they were still there, sharing a pair of earphones and listening to some music on Hobi's phone. They waved at me. 

Yuhan came back after a few minutes. He handed me the form and a pen. "Fill those up along with your phone number. Then I'll try to check a spot for you." 

I nodded and glanced down on the paper. It was a bit messy, but I filled it up anyways. Typical form questions. Once I was done, I handed the paper back to him. "Thank you, Yuhan.. I mean, if I could call you that of course." 

"Hmm." he hummed in response, nodding and eyeing the paper. "Nice job. I think you're information is enough for you to be qualified. Come here tomorrow by the same time. I can see from the form that you're experienced, anyways." 

"Alright." I nodded. 

"Your shift will be on weekdays. Starting at 4 and ending at 7." 

"Got it." I smiled. "Thank you again." I bowed. 

I met up with Hobi and Jungkook outside of the ramen shop. "I got the job. That was easy." 

"Wah! Good for you, Yuna!" Hobi exclaimed, smiling widely and throwing an arm around my shoulders. 

"I'll be working on weekdays starting at 3PM. My shift ends at 7." I explained. "I think this means lack of hangouts." 

"No!" they said in union. 

"I'll be hanging out with Jaehee on Saturday, so that's another no." I said. "But no worries, we can always hang out in school. And Jungkook, don't act like you're gonna miss me, you're always in my house." 

He laughed. 

"Hey, is it true that there's going to be a festival here next week?" Hobi asked excitedly. 

Jungkook nodded. "Yeah. It lasts for like, a week. It's a foundation festival. There's lots of games, which I always win," 

"Cotton candy," I cut him off. "Food! It's so much fun. It's like.. what do they call it? An amusement park? But expect it to be a little more off budget." 

"But nonetheless, good." Jungkook shrugged. 

Then we started rambling on about the festival. In my blazer pocket, my phone buzzed, signalling a text. I pulled it out of my pocket. 

From: Mingyu 

Topic: You get everything you want 

Convincing them was easier than I thought. Everything always goes your way, Yuna. Expect the posters to come by next week. You are one lucky gal, haha! 

I smiled widely, quickly typing a thank you message for Mingyu and hurriedly pocketing my phone. 

_______ 

A/N: Oh god, I hope my chapter's always stay this long. I hope it wasn't too boring. Again, conflict WILL build up soon. So enjoy the happiness from the four characters ♡

And yay! That event Yuna begged Mingyu for is coming true! It still isn't revealed, so what do you think it'll be? 

And more of Yuna's backstory unfolded! She has an older sister, and that she plays the piano, etc. Also, what do you think of Hobi being extra and suggesting to throw it into the lake? HAHA. 

Festival chapters coming soon!~  We still have Yuna's tour in town! XD