[Epilogue] I've Taken Your Potion

The Spell I'm Under is You

Okay, I'm really done with this story now. But I promise myungyeol will make appearances in the other connected stories. It took me, like, three months to write it, but here's the epilogue that'll hopefully neatly wrap up this part. I'm kinda-sorta working on the next part in the series. I think I said it would be Sungjong's story, but I'm a little more inspired to write Woohyun's so that one will probably be next. If I ever figure out what I'm doing. Anyway, enjoy~

 

 

 

Myungsoo's heart is hammering in his chest as he steps into the apartment. He hadn't felt nervous the whole night despite this being his first official date with Sungyeol. He was too happy to worry about messing things up or embarrassing himself. But now that the night is coming to an end and they've reached the most important part, Myungsoo's nerves have finally made an appearance.

"So..." He turns to face Sungyeol who's just closed the door. "I had a lot of fun tonight."

Sungyeol gets right to the point instead. "Isn't this the part where we're supposed to kiss?" He seems relaxed, like it isn't that big of a deal. That makes one of them.

Myungsoo clears his throat and shifts his gaze to the floor. He can feel his cheeks and ears heating up. "I-if you want," he stammers in response. He wasn't expecting Sungyeol to be that direct.

"I really do."

When Myungsoo looks up, Sungyeol is less than an arm's length away. He's looking at Myungsoo in a way the younger man has never seen from him. It's a weird mix of fond and smitten and entranced like many of the people who've fallen for the incubus' natural allure. Unlike a lot of the other times, though, Myungsoo doesn't have to wonder about Sungyeol's true feelings.

"I want to, too," he says after a moment. The nervous energy coursing through him is mixed with excitement. He's thought about this moment for a long time. (Probably longer than he'll ever admit to Sungyeol.) He can't possibly be any happier that it's finally happening. He slips his arms around Sungyeol's neck as he closes the distance between them. Sungyeol's hands find their place on Myungsoo's sides, right below his ribs. Myungsoo can feel the warmth from them through his shirt and it sends a jolt up his spine. The second their lips meet seems to stretch for minutes. Like time is slowing down to let them savor the feeling. If Myungsoo didn't already know how Sungyeol's magic worked, he would think the other was doing it on purpose.

The spell is broken when Sungyeol pulls back first. "Wow," he breathes softly. His hands slide down Myungsoo's sides to rest on his waist. "That was..."

"Yeah." Myungsoo nods in agreement. He'd already known he would like kissing Sungyeol, but it's even better than he'd thought. He could keep doing it for the rest of the night. And by the look on Sungyeol's face, he's thinking the same thing. But Myungsoo has rules. Rules he won't break even for Sungyeol. He wavers for only a second before he steps back out of the other's hold. "I think we should call it a night," he suggests.

Sungyeol stares at him for almost a minute, speechless. It almost looks like he's replaying the last five minutes and wondering how things ended up this way. "You... That's it?"

The completely dumbfounded way he says it brings a smile to Myungsoo's face. "'That's it,'" he repeats. It's a statement rather than a question. He starts to walk backwards to his room. "What kind of a guy do you think I am?" His smile grows bigger when he turns around. The thought of letting Sungyeol stew for a bit passes through his mind. His rules are usually for the dates he hasn't known for years or lived with. But Myungsoo is still wary of disrupting their friendship again. Despite the fact that Sungyeol's forgiven him and they've just had an amazing date and an even more amazing kiss, Myungsoo wants to take it slow—or, rather, as slow as a Lilin demon can take it. He stops in the doorway of his room and looks back at Sungyeol. The other hasn't moved from his spot yet. "Good night, Sungyeol," he says.

 

 

There's not much that can wake Myungsoo from a good night's sleep. Especially when he doesn't have a reason to get up early. But the feeling of warm skin against his cheek is one exception. His eyes slowly crack open, anticipating the sun streaming through his curtains. It takes a few moments for his brain to kick into gear and the events of the previous night to come rushing back. Myungsoo picks his head up to look at Sungyeol.

The other is shirtless (and pantless) and still sleeping. His mouth is hanging open slightly, light snores coming out. He's beautiful as far as Myungsoo is concerned. And if the night before is anything to go by, he'll have Sungyeol all to himself from now on. In every way.

The thought brings back the memory of how the two of them ended up in bed together. Letting out a groan, Myungsoo drops his head back down on Sungyeol's chest. So much for his rules. "," he moans quietly.

"I thought you said you wouldn't be mad in the morning."

Myungsoo jumps in surprise, sitting up fully in the process. He'd forgotten how light of a sleeper the other is. "I-I'm not," he stammers. Suddenly he feels self-conscious about being under his covers even though Sungyeol is very obviously as well. "Well, I'm not mad at you, at least. And I was just remembering last night."

Sungyeol stretches his arms as he joins Myungsoo in sitting up. His hair is sticking up in every direction. "Remembering and... regretting?" He watches Myungsoo faces carefully as he asks the question. Probably searching for the answer in his expression rather than his words.

"No, of course not," Myungsoo rushes to reassure him. Out of all his feelings about their night together, regret isn't on the list. "Last night was amazing. You were amazing."

Sungyeol's smile is bright, lighting up his eyes and making Myungsoo fall for him just a little bit more. He lays back down with Myungsoo's pillow propping his head up against the headboard. "I was pretty great, wasn't I," he sighs.

Myungsoo laughs but doesn't refute it. Instead he joins the other laying down, this time lying on his stomach. "Now I think I’m starting to regret it a little bit," he teases. He laughs again when Sungyeol nudges his shoulder playfully. "Fine, I’ll take it back." He inches up until he’s face-to-face with the other. Sungyeol’s hand automatically comes up to hold the back of Myungsoo’s neck. In the long moment they spend staring at each other, Myungsoo wonders how he could’ve been so lucky. That Sungyeol forgave him. That he decided to give their friendship another chance. And especially that his feelings for Myungsoo weren’t completely gone. After screwing up so badly it didn’t seem like their friendship would survive, it’s almost surreal that they’re here now. Together. In bed. .

Myungsoo kisses Sungyeol deeply, hoping even a fraction of his feelings (his happiness, his relief, his love) can be conveyed. He could just as easily use his words, but that doesn’t feel like it would be enough. Maybe it’s the incubus in him that finds communicating without words easier, especially when expressing strong emotions. Either way, Myungsoo keeps kissing Sungyeol until his lungs scream for oxygen. He pulls back so they can both catch their breaths and goes back to staring down at the other man.

Sungyeol’s chest is heaving, his lips are pinker than before, and he has a smile stretched across his face. "You know, I think you’re pretty amazing yourself," he says before pulling Myungsoo back down.