Chapter 3

A High School Love story

«I like your new hair color Jongin» After Sehun had said those words he walks out of the cafeteria, not hungry any more. He just wants to get away from there as fast as possible. When he saw Jongin just sitting there eating his food, with the new hair color, his heart started to do weird stuff, and Sehun could not understand what was happening. This had never happened before. When Sehun stop walking he realized he ended up in the classroom for his next class, History. But instead off leaving the class room and walking up to the roof and sitting there for the next class he decided to stay. As he was sitting down in his seat he was starting to wonder what was happening to him.

 

——————————

 

After seeing Sehun walk out of the cafeteria I turned towards Baekhyun and Chanyeol.

«What just happened?» As we all take turns looking at each other trying to figure out what is going on a group of people walk up to us.

Look at that the class president decided to change his hair. What are you trying to do? Get Sehun oppa to notice you? To make him like you? I know what he did yesterday, when he saved you from Myungsoo oppa. And if I were you I would be careful or else you will get hurt. Sehun oppa belongs to me.» A girl with long light brown hair says to me, and her friends stand behind her nodding their heads.

By the looks of it Eun Sol, your precious Sehun oppa has his eyes set on someone else. So instead of bothering us, you and your little friends can go on your way and leave us alone.» Baekhyun says back, and the girl just huffs before she walks away with her friends following behind her. Clearly not satisfied by the outcome of the conversation.

You know Jongin, don’t let people like her win. Show them who Sehun belongs to. Go befriend him, get to know him, let him get to know you. The fact that Sehun has started to talk to you is a good start. He might not have said a lot of words but its a start. Now its your turn to talk to him.» Baekhyun says with a smile on his lips.

I would have done that Baekhyun if the last time I spoke to him had not ended the way it did. I could not stop stuttering. I would never be able to speak to him. Never.» After that we get up and walk to our next class, history with Baekhyun still trying to tell me to give it a chance and Chanyeol backing him up as usual. When we enter the class room Baekhyun says one last thing on the matter.

At least give it a chance. You never know.»

 

When the class ends I stand behind in the class room using extra time packing my belonging. The next class is biology and that has never been one of my favorite subjects. Just as I am about to get up and leave the class room I see Sehun talking to the teacher at the front. Not really knowing if I should stay and wait until they are finished or just leave, but before I get the chance to make up my mind my teacher calls my name. When I walk towards the front off the class room I just look down at my shoes, embarrassed about being caught. And when I do look up I see Sehun staring at me, with an unreadable look on his face.

«Jongin I was wondering if you would be so kind to help Sehun here with studying history. He seems to be having a little trouble understanding it.» When I look up at Sehun he is looking anywhere than me.

«um… Yes of course I can… um help him. I don’t mind.» I say, and feel the red spread on my face. This is so embarrassing. 

«Great. I would recommend you to start as fast as possible, we have a test next week remember. Now go on to your next class, we would not want you to get to late.» After that he give us a note to give to our next teacher.

 

When we get out into the hall way and walk towards our next class, I continue to look down at the floor. Finding it more interesting then anything I have seen before. Then I hear a chuckle and I look up to find Sehun staring down at me.

«You know, you might end up hurting your neck if you continue to look down at the floor like that.» And I feel my cheeks get warmer and warmer, and I look down at the floor again, making Sehun chuckle once again.

«Um….so… A..about this tutoring… Um when do you t.. think you can start?» And the stuttering is back. 

«I can start today after school. If you got time.»

«Y…yes…I..I can today.» At the end of the sentence my voice gets softer.

Lets meet outside the main doors at the end of the day. Ok?» Is all he says before he walks into the classroom and gives the paper to the teacher, me following after him. When I sit down next to Chanyeol he gives me a questioning look, and I just whisper back that I will tell him later.

 

 

—————————

 

When the last bell of the day rang, Sehun and Jongin met outside the main doors like planed. Then went to Sehun’s car and drove to Jongin’s house, since Sehun did not want to meet his parents, with Jongin there. They had not parted in a good way that morning, and he new that the next meeting with them would not be a pleasant one. As they pulled up to Jongin’s house, he did not know what to think. This was totally different from where and how he lives. Jongin was not poor, but not as rich as Sehun. When they walked up the stairs to the front door, Sehun could not stop looking around the garden and at the neighbors. And when they got into the house, he could not keep quiet anymore.

«Is this where you live?» Sehun said as he looked around the living room in amazement. Jongin, feeling a little hurt by the remark looked down at his feet, walking to the couch.

«I know I’m not as rich as you are Sehun, but yes this is where I live. Should we get ready?» Taking out his history books Jongin gets ready to tutor Sehun. Noticing that his remark might have hurt Jongin, Sehun sits down across from Jongin and looks intently at him as he answers:

«I know my remark might have sound hurtful to you, but I did not mean to sound rude. I really like it here. It’s so homey, and comfortable, something I have never felt at my house. I meant it in a good way.» And at the end he smiled a little smile, taking Jongin completely off guard, and making him blush again.

 

As they started going through todays homework Jongin had problems concentrating on the task at hand. With Sehun sitting so close, and looking so handsome, it was really hard for him to keep his taught on World War 2, and trying to teach it to Sehun. And Sehun had problems not trying to say or do something to make Jongin feel uncomfortable, something that surprised him a lot. Normally Sehun would not care how he made people feel, but why did he care about how he made Jongin feel. It made no sense at all to him.

 

 

As the two boys continue with their studying, neither one of them are really able to focus on what they are talking about. It started getting darker outside, and in the middle of a question Sehun’s stomach started to make noise, telling them it was about time to get something to eat. And since neither one of them are very good at making any food, they decided to order pizza.

 

With the both of them sitting there eating their pizza, neither one of them looking at each other, Sehun decided to make some small talk.

«Do you live here on your own? It’s just that I have not seen your parents or any one else around here and it’s starting to get late» Why Sehun, why dose it bother you so much that he might be living here alone? It’s not like it matters to you. It should not matter to you at all.

Looking down at his plate of food Jongin answers:

«No I don’t live alone, but both my parents are working late shifts, so usually I am alone at this time of the day, since I don’t have any siblings.» Smiling a little bit to him self Jongin continues to eat his pizza, glad that he did not stutter when talking to Sehun at all any more. Nodding his head Sehun decides that maybe they should take about another topic, something that made him not feel bad for Jongin. Looking around the living room he spots an xbox placed next to the tv.

«Do you play?» He asks pointing at the devise. Nodding Jongin gets up and pics up Mario kart showing it to Sehun. After getting a thumbs up he puts the game on and gets back to the couch with the consoles and the two of them start to play a very competitive game of Mario kart.

 

A few hours and some very competitive gaming later Sehun bides his goodbye before heading home, and Jongin lays down on his bed while calling Baekhyun.

«Hello?»

«Hey Baek, I’m not calling at a bad time right?» Hearing some shuffling around on the other end of the phone before I get an answer.

«No It’s ok. I was just watching a movie. So what’s up?»

«Weeeelll…. as I told you earlier, I tutored Sehun today, and it was so weird.» Hearing Baekhyun moving around some more before he answer.

«OMG!! Was it good weird or bad weird??You have to tell me everything what happened? Tell me, tell me, tell me… This it so exiting!!!» After rambling a little i hear some squealing on the other line, making me chuckle a little bit.

«It was a good weird, I think. He was acting different from what he normally act like. Like if he said something that would be a little hurtful he would tell me that he did not mean it in that way. And that he just worded it wrongly. Like he was surprised about my house, but he said that he liked it here, and that it gave a totally different feeling then what he would feel in his own house.» Que Baekhyun squealing.

«That is so romantic. He likes it at your place. Omg. You are now one step closer to getting your man.»

«Baek»

«I mean it. This is going the right way. Soooo, tell me. What more did you do other than the school work. Did he kiss you when he left» As Baekhyun continues to talk the excitement gets more and more obvious in his voice.

«Baekhyun no, he did not kiss me. Stop making up things. We did play video games tho. He can be very competitive in Mario kart. But it was so much fun. It felt like we had known each other for years and it was just two friends playing against each other. And I don’t know what to feel anymore. What if he likes me too, but then what if I just get ahead of my self and he don’t feel anything for me. Than I got m hopes up for nothing. What should I do Baek??» I say, biting my lips a little, a habit I have when I’m nervous about something.

«This is what you should do. You continue to act like you did at the end. Obviously he thinks you’re cool enough to act like he do with his friends, so we are headed in the right direction. But if you ask me, I don’t think this is something you should worry about. I’m pretty sure he likes you back, and I’m usually right in these situations. OMG This is so exiting. I can’t wait to tell Chanyeol. With the direction this is headed he might owe me 20 bucks soon.»

«Baekhyun, you made a bet about it?! What is wrong with you two.!!»