Chapter 3 - First Met

Paradise

 

Enjoy~ ^^


CHAPTER 3 – FIRST MET

After stepping out from the car, Ji Eun look around her. It’s already a habit for her to scan through her surroundings before she take another step. She notices that there’s a loud sound coming from her right side. She turn to look while frowning because the sound sounded like an engine car. She really dislike to hear loud sounds like that, it’s irritating and it does disturb others.

The import car stop right behind Du Jun’s car, a guy wearing all black formal suit came out from the luxury car. He was trying to fish out something out from his pocket. Soon after he take it out, he sighs. He answered the phone. He took off his glasses, showing off his charming eyes to the public.

“Yeah, yeah. I’ve already arrived at the hotel, mom. I’ll be inside in a minute.”

Without even her knowing, Ji Eun couldn’t stop looking at him with her trademark face – Poker Face.

The guy stop his track when he felt that there’s someone looking at him with an intense eye. He turn his head to look, he raises one of his eyebrow before scanning at Ji Eun carefully.

She was wearing a beautiful yet simple dress that was chosen personally by her with the approval by Du Jun. The top of the dress was pink with floral pattern on it, while the skirt was black colored and was right below her knee. It covered mostly of her scars on the leg. That was one of the reason why Ji Eun picked the outfit.

He smile genuinely at her, he thought that she may had a sudden crush on him like other girls out there. But it was actually the opposite, Ji Eun look away immediately and quickly enter the hotel, following Du Jun from behind leaving the guy alone.

“Urgh, what a spoiler. But she’s cute. Heh.” He put said to himself.

After making sure that he look good, the guy enters the hotel. He walk towards the luxury hotel’s restaurant. He told the waiter the name that reserved a table there and the waiter immediately leads him towards the table. The waiter leads him towards a private room that were located few steps away from the other open tables in the restaurant.

‘Private room, huh? Now this is getting more interesting~’ the guy sings in his mind. His parents seldom eat in any private rooms that was provided for the VIPs. Unless if it was for something extremely personal.

Before letting his customer to go into the private room, the waiter politely knock the door and open it slowly before bowing to the people who were inside the room.

The waiter move away from his standing spot to let his customer to go into the room, the guy fixes his suit before entering the room. He don’t want to look bad in front of his parent’s guests. He wonders, who could it be?

“Annyeonghaseyo.” He said as he didn’t forget about his manners. He look up to smile at his parents including his parent’s guests.

“You’re finally here! You almost made them wait for you long!” An old guy with his spectacles said with a joking tone. His spouse which is also the guy’s mother nodded her head. “Yeah, you shouldn’t do that to our special guests. Now, hurry and apologizes to them. Especially to this ‘flower’ here.”

“Flower?” The guy frowned. He look around, ‘Mom, Dad, and…..’ His eyes widen as soon as his eyes laid were laid onto a guy that are maybe around his 40s. “Professor Kwon Jae Eun! Am I right?” He asks excitedly. Even though his main major aren’t science, but he really does admire the intelligent professor.

“Yes, I am. Kim Myung Soo-ssi.”

“Oh? You know my name, sir?” He asks innocently. Maybe he was too excited about meeting his idol that he forgot the fact that the professor was his parent’s guests.

“Haha, both of you really do have such a cute boy.”

“The same goes to you. Ji Eun really do grew up to such a fine young lady.” Mr. Kim, or his real name is Kim Ji Sung said while looking at his already excited wife. “Now, what are waiting for? Come here and sit down.”

With that, the guy or his name is Kim Myung Soo quickly take a seat beside his mother. He noticed that there’s a girl sitting right in front of him. He look up to take a closer look to her face. ‘Oh? Aren’t she’s the one that I met just now?’ just like before, Myung Soo put on a smile on his face, but the girl immediately look down at her food leaving Myung Soo to play with his own feelings. ‘Darn! Urgh, this girl really don’t know her manners? Is she Prof. Kwon’s daughter? Please tell me that she isn’t!’

“Kim Myung Soo, are you listening?” Mrs. Kim asks his son as she puts her hand onto Myung Soo’s hand.

He quickly turn to look at his mother and smile awkwardly to her. “And you were saying?”

Mrs. Kim rolled her eyes over, her son are just so blur and he really do like to space out from the conversation.

“We were talking about an arrange marriage, what’s your opinion about it?”

“Arrange marriage? Who?”

Ji Eun, who were currently under pressure by the elders mentally face palm herself. Feeling like she could she punch this blur guy in front of her in any minute now.

The other three elders in the room laugh at his innocence.

“He really do takes over you, Ji Sung-ah.” Prof. Kwon remarks, both Myung Soo’s father and Ji Eun’s father already knew each other since a few years ago. But they only grew closer with each other as they were in the same team for a new project last year.

“Well, that just means that he’s a smart kid. Despite his blurness.”

“Can someone tell me what’s going on?”

All of them look at Myung Soo except for Ji Eun. She was playing with her hand while half of her were still listening to their conversation.

Mr. Kim Ji Sung or also more known as the CEO of the Viewtiful Company puts his both hands onto the table, looking seriously at his son.

“Your mom and I decided to propose Miss Ji Eun.”

Myung Soo’s jaw drop. He mouthed, ‘What?’ to his parents with a frown.

“Myung Soo-yah, please? Both of us agreed to this. Your brother, Sung Kyu agrees with it too.” Myung Soo’s mother, Mrs. Kim pleaded.

“Then what about her? Does she agrees with this?”

Mrs. Kim’s face turn brighter, “She agreed.”

Myung Soo’s eyes widen, he turn to look at the young girl with a shock face. He thought that the girl would definitely say no since she’s still young. He even managed to curse his elder brother who were currently in America for some business there for not telling him anything about this.

“Excuse me, I need to go to the ladies’.” Ji Eun slowly push back her chair so that she can stand up properly. She bow slightly to both Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim before walking out from the private room.

Unconsciously, Myung Soo’s eyes followed Ji Eun, until her shadow can’t be seen. He immediately stand up to excuse himself saying that he need to make an urgent call. Myung Soo quickly walk out from the room and catches up with the girl that he doesn’t even know her name but she’s currently already his future wife. He immediately grabs the girl’s arm to make the girl turn around and face him.

Ji Eun frowned, but she didn’t say anything as she already expected that the guy would eventually follows her to ask something.

“May I know why did you agreed to this arrange marriage?” He asks politely.

Ji Eun didn’t say anything to reply him but instead, she keeps on looking at her hand that was being grabbed by Myung Soo. It shows that she’s uncomfortable by his action towards her. Myung Soo sighs as he let go of Ji Eun’s hand.

“Mind if you answer my question? We don’t even know each other. Why?”

She keeps shut. Images about her conversation with Du Jun appeared in her mind. Ji Eun look down to the floor, trying to think.

The guy that was extremely curious about her answer sighs again, he crosses his arm and put it on his chest. Waiting for the girl’s answer.

“So you’re not gonna answer me, hm?”

Ji Eun bit her lip as her hands started to grab her skirt, she was nervous. She was scared. “I’m sorry.” She said with her small voice.

Myung Soo sighs again for the countless time tonight, “Is it because you just broke up with your boyfriend and you want to get revenge? Or maybe…”

He pauses his sentence. It makes Ji Eun curios that she even look up to him, waiting for him to continue his sentence.

“Or maybe you’re plotting something like, wanting to destroy my family’s business or steal away our assets and everything. Wasn’t it?”

Myung Soo’s imagination makes Ji Eun speechless. Her jaw were slightly dropped, “No, you’re wrong about that. I, I have my reasons for agreeing with the marriage. I’m sorry that I troubled you. I’m really sorry. But please, it’s the only way. It’s my only chance. So please, please agree about this marriage, I’ll do anything that you want, please help me just this once.” She doesn’t want Myung Soo to get any misunderstand about her intention of agreeing the arrange marriage, yet at the same time, she didn’t want him to find out the truth about her family.

The handsome young man frown, ‘How can she looked so sad and desperate whereas she didn’t even flinch or smile in the room earlier?’