Chapter 2 - Poker Face

Paradise

CHAPTER 2 – POKER FACE

As soon as the school bell rings, Ji Eun rushes out from her class towards the school gate. She doesn’t even want to be late for a second! From far, she could see Butler Yoon standing straight in front of a branded black colored car.

‘His face looked serious… Does that means that father is inside the car too? Shoot! Better be quick!’

“Good afternoon, miss.” Butler Yoon bows at Ji Eun as she is getting closer towards the car.

Ji Eun carefully peek into the car, there’s no one inside. She sighs in relief. Butler Yoon smile gently upon seeing her relaxed face.

“Come on in, Miss. I’ll take you to the place.”

Butler Yoon open the door for her to hop into the car. Without any question, Ji Eun hop into the car. She doesn’t really care about where he is taking her. But she is indeed curious about what’s her father plan for her today.

She was curious.

She was nervous.

She was scared.

She was scared that her father might plan something that she didn’t expect.

After closing the door for her, Butler Yoon quickly away from there and hop into the driver seat. He adjust the front mirror before restarting the engine car. He take a quick glance at Ji Eun through the mirror. He can obviously notice that Ji Eun felt scared.

Butler Yoon turn his body around to look at his poor and young mistress, “Hey, its okay. Everything’s going to be fine.”

Ji Eun crosses both of her hand and glare at him, “You’ve been saying all those craps for the past ten years. I’m sick of listening to that already. Just shut up and drive.”

Butler Yoon turn his body back, now he’s facing in front. He chuckles silently, yes, even though the young lady said all those cruel words to him, he knew deep inside, she’s actually appreciating it.

Ji Eun leans her head onto the seat while throwing her eyes to look outside the window. Indeed, she is being grateful for what Butler Yoon just said to her and she is getting calmer, but, she still couldn’t stop thinking about it. She plays with her hand while her teeth are biting her own lips, she just couldn’t help but feel anxious about it.

--

After a few minutes, the both of them arrives at a branded nail shop.

Butler Yoon leads her into the shop. The workers lined up to greet her as she walks into the shop with an awkward yet cool face. She scans through the shop before landing her eyes onto a fine young lady who are smiling brightly at her.

“It’s nice to meet you, Miss Kwon. My name is Sulli. Let me lead to your seat.” She said politely to the younger one. She walks her way towards a marble table that was full with nail polish and accessories. She gestures Ji Eun to take a seat on a comfortable black chair as she pull out the chair from inside the marble made table.

The latter one glances around her, feeling a little uncomfortable towards her new surroundings. She sit down as Butler Yoon gestures her to take a sit.

“Make it pink please. It’s her every girl’s favorite color. And it look feminine too.” Butler Yoon said, cutting Sulli off as she was just about to ask them about it.

“Before that, may I know what the occasion is?” Sulli question. As someone who already worked in nail polishing, she love to ask her clients about the occasions so that she can create a very new pattern and color for her client. This is to make her client’s nail look suitable with their occasions and all.

Ji Eun look up to Butler Yoon curiously. She wanted to know it too.

Butler Yoon smile, “She’s going to meet someone important.” He answered Sulli’s question casually. He did expected that she’ll ask him that question. Ji Eun frowns, ‘Someone important? Who?’

The expert lady nods her head, “Okay then. I see what I can do for her.” She said with a gentle smile on her face.

She quickly take a seat right in front Ji Eun, “Please put both of your hands onto the table.”

Ji Eun blankly look at the lady that have such a flawless face, then she look at her hands. Seeing how his mistress react, he chuckles again as he takes the younger one’s hand and put it on the table making Ji Eun speechless. Sulli quickly hold onto one of Ji Eun’s hand and started to do her job.

Around fifteen minutes of massaging her hand and so on, Ji Eun’s nail finally done. Since her finger nail aren’t that long, Sulli decided to put black and soft pink. Three nail fingers on each hand were being fully covered with black, while the other two fingers on each hand had another pattern. It was being colored with soft pink first, then Sulli did a perfect zig-zag pattern using a black colored nail polish. Then, she ended it with putting a transparent nail polisher to make Ji Eun’s nail look shinier.

“Okay, done!” Sulli said right after she was done drying her one and only client for the day.

“That’s it? Just like that?” Butler Yoon who is still standing still beside Ji Eun from the start.

“What do you what me to do? It suits her. If I put decorations or stickers on it, I’m sure that Miss Kwon wouldn’t like it.”

“Urgh, fine. Whatever you say Sully.” Butler Yoon shrugs his shoulder, he really doesn’t to start a nonsense argument with the younger one. “Now, shall we get going, miss?”

Butler Yoon asks his mistress whether she is ready to go or not. Making the girl being snap out of her daydreaming.

Ji Eun quickly nodded, she was still curious about what’s going to happen next and just who is she going to meet later?

“Our next stop is, Starship Boutique. Hehe.” Butler Yoon said, he is certain that Ji Eun were curious about it. He turn around to take a look at his mistress poker face. ‘Yeah, I forgot. She can make the poker face better than I do. Urgh, what a stubborn kid.’

--

The sun already went down and the sky started to change from orange to dark blue. Meaning that it’s already night, by that time both Butler Yoon and Ji Eun finished choosing a suitable dress and making her hair, Butler Yoon drives their car towards a five star hotel – Paradise Hotel.

Before entering the hotel, Butler Yoon stops the car. Ji Eun turn to look at him because he stopped the car a little further from the hotel. She waited for the older guy to say something to her.

“You know… We’ve been together since young. You’re like my younger sister and always treated you like one. Yeah, maybe I’m not a perfect brother to you but I am trying my best to do everything I can to help you escape from all those misery. It hurts me whenever I heard you screaming in pain…” He stops. Trying his best to control his tears. Ji Eun silently listen to what he’s going to say to her. She know that Du Jun love her just the way brother love his own sister. And the same goes to her, she love Butler Yoon just like a younger sister love her brother. But she was afraid to say so. Yeah, she was afraid to say so.

“The last time we had a sweet talk was like… … seven… …”

“Eight years… … To be exact.”

She knew what Du Jun is trying to say. He’s going to talk about the past.

The Butler smirks, “And I thought that you’ve forgotten about it.” He look at Ji Eun through the mirror. She’s making her poker face again. “Okay, let’s not talk about it before I get too emotional. But I’m going to ask you to do me a favor. No, it’s not a favor actually.” Again, he look at Ji Eun through the mirror.

‘He look serious than before… What is this all about?’ Although Ji Eun maintained her poker face, but her mind couldn't stop thinking that something big is going to happen soon.

“Whatever is going to happen later in the hotel, just agree with it? Promise me that you will do that.”

 


 

Haiii, yeahh, it's quite a boring chapter, wasn't it? I know that....... hehehe sorry about it. I just wanted to write something about her preparations for the next scene. Heheh, thanks for reading anyway~! ^^ -syxll_nxsy