Overwhelmed

New Beginnings

     Youngjae sighed again and grabbed the sketchbook he had thrown under his bed before JB had asked him to go out. The new student looked at the drawing and turned to a new page. He was still extremely confused as to how he knew the exact details to JB's face even though he had barely been on this campus for an hour.     

   Youngjae stood up from his bed and grabbed one of the pictures sitting on his shelf. It was of his grandparents who took great care of him. He smiled as he ran his finger on the edge of the frame. The boy brought it back to his bed and began drawing it. Every detail. Every feature. The young student tried his hardest to make this piece as accurate and perfect as possible. He wanted to make sure his grandparents were proud of him and knew he was doing well. 

   After finishing the rough sketch, he looked the artwork over. It wasn't perfect, but Youngjae was very pleased with it. He set the picture frame back on the shelf and closed his sketchbook for now, placing it carefully on his desk after doing so. The boy put the pencil behind his ear and opened his bedroom door. 

   Youngjae walked down the hall and into the main area with a small kitchen and living room. It looked more like a small apartment than any kind of school dorm he had imagined. As JB had said, the dorm was very neat and clean. He walked back down the hallway looking at the doors of the other three rooms. Each had its own personality of sorts. One door had a nice picture of what looked like some sort of flower. It was very pretty and was the only thing on the door. The one across from it had a few decals and stickers on it. None of them had any words on them. They were just little stickers of cute animals and food. And the door across from his bedroom was bare. Just the dark wood. Nothing special about it. Youngjae placed his hand on the doorknob curious of what was inside. 

   "No. I shouldn't go into someone's room without their permission. Especially since I hardly know these guys." Youngjae said to himself as he lifted his hand from the doorknob and walked back to the living room. 

   The student looked around for anything that could cure his boredom. Nothing. Youngjae sighed and opened the door to his dorm. He decided to go and find the group of boys from earlier and get to know them better. 

   Youngjae walked around the campus aimlessly for a few minutes before he found the school entrance again. There were two young guys there. But no one that he had talked to from earlier. That's when he remembered that Jackson, Mark, and Jaebum had gone out together. Since Jinyoung wasn't there, Youngjae assumed JB had asked him to go as well. 

   The two students saw Youngjae and approached him. One was just a little bit shorter than him with almost silver hair. The other was taller and looked older than him with a natural brown hair color. 

   "You're the new kid! Welcome!" the boy with silver hair said with a bright smile. "Glad you're here!"

   The other boy gave him a sweet smile and waved. 

   Youngjae was a bit confused. "Uh yeah. How did you know?"

   The silver haired boy continued smiling. "Jackson and Jinyoung! They were really enthusiastic! All like 'Wow the new kid is cute' and 'I'm happy we're here!' Stuff like that! Oh and Jaebum kept on smiling when we mentioned you! It was pretty weird. Anyway, I'm BamBam! That's not my real name obviously but my other name takes too much effort and time to pronounce." He placed his hand on the taller boy's shoulder. "And this is Yugyeom. He's really nice and loud once you get to know him. And believe it or not he's the youngest in our friend group! It's crazy right?"

   Youngjae nodded, a bit surprised by how friendly and extroverted BamBam was. "Yeah. I guess." He gave BamBam a friendly smile and waved to Yugeyom.

   BamBam clapped his hands together. "I'm bored. Let's go to Jinyoung hyung's dorm. Or well I guess I could say your dorm. I know where it is. Since you probably don't know the way yet. We all practically live there." 

   The shorter student grabbed Yugyeom's hand and began walking towards the dorm. Youngjae quickly followed behind until they had made it to the door. Youngjae pulled out the key but BamBam was already unlocking the door. They walked inside and BamBam immediately sat on the couch while Yugyeom went into the kitchen to find food. 

   "What does your room look like Youngjae?" BamBam said as he fixed his hair. 

   Youngjae took off his jacket and set it on a chair. "Empty. I don't have that much stuff."

   BamBam signaled for Youngjae to sit next to him. "Light packer?"

   The new student sat down. "I guess you could say that. I don't have too much stuff to begin with so I only brought the essentials really."

   Yugyeom walked over to them and sat on the other side of BamBam as he ate some chips. "Want any?" the tall guy said as he held out the chip bag in front of Youngjae. 

   "No thank you. I'm not hungry right now."

   BamBam reached into the bag and grabbed a handful of chips. "Can I see your room?" the silver haired boy said as he stood up from the couch. 

   Youngjae stood as well. He smiled a little. "Sure. It is very empty and kind of boring."

   "That's okay. Jackson actually thought of asking to move dorms since no one was using this room at the moment. But Hyung decided he would rather sleep with Mark than in a separate room." BamBam walked down the hall as he continued eating the chips in his hand. 

   Youngjae opened the door. "Does Jackson stay in your dorm?"

   The two younger boys walked in and started to look around. "Yeah he lives with us." Bam said. "I think they messed up something since he's so much older than Yugyeom and me." 

   Youngjae sat down on his bed as he watched the two boys walk around his room. 

   Yugyeom picked up a picture frame and looked st it carefully. "Who are they?" he said pointing to the picture.

   The new student turned to Yugyeom. "My grandparents. They took care of me right before sending me here." He stood up and began looking around his room as well realizing just how empty and just how bare everything was. 

   BamBam walked over to the shelf with the pictures and frames. "Are any of these pictures of your parents?"

   Youngjae froze a bit and let out a bit of nervous laughter. He hesitantly responded after about a minute. "Um... no." He sat back down on his bed as BamBam gave him a confused look. 

   "Why?"

   Youngjae froze again. The question was very simple. One word in fact. Yet just from that simply phrase, Youngjae felt like he was going to get sick. Remembering his past and those awful memories. They flooded his thoughts 99 percent of the time. But just mentioning it and bringing up the reason for it made Youngjae feel vulnerable. Overwhelmed. Horrible. 

   The new student spent a while deciding whether or not he should tell them. It was risky being that he had just met them. They would probably make the biggest deal or if it. Or think he was a freak. After thinking for a bit, he finally made his decision. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Did I just trigger you with that cliffhanger? More chapters soon! I just wanted to say thank you so much for supporting this story! It means the world to me. Shoutout to WingedWarrior! She is my idol and I love her! Please check out her story Fool's Gold! It's so good and will leave you in tears. She is my inspiration for writing and I love her work so much! Thank you guys! I love you all! I realize there wasn't any 2jae or markson. Sorry. But I still hope you like this chapter! Saranghae!

~Ante