Chapter 6

Way Back Into Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sooyoung and Yul arrived at the bar and immediately settled on their usual booth.  Yul had to be dragged out of his house by Sooyoung as he was busy with his new toy girl that he met somewhere.  Sooyoung envies Yul because of his carefree attitude and uncomplicated love life.  Yul has the reputation of a player since Sooyoung got to know him in junior high.  He would always have girls lined up before him trying to catch his attention but then no one really ended up with him.  Sooyoung thought back then that he and Yul would probably not get along and that makes the story of how they became friends more interesting.

One day at their school an unusual occurrence happened.  That was the first time Sooyoung saw a girl challenging Yul.  That girl was none other than Kim Hyoyeon who was Soo’s science partner at that time.  Hyoyeon and Sooyoung, who were just acquaintances back then, sit beside each other while chatting about their science project.  Yul, who was also in their class, started making his way toward them.  Sooyoung heard from the gossiping students a week earlier that there’s a particular student that Yul wanted to be his next victim and that turned out to be Hyoyeon.  Yul finally reached them and he sat arrogantly on Hyoyeon’s desk.  Their conversation immediately came to a halt and Hyoyeon let out a groan of clear annoyance. 

Hyoyeon faced Yul with such a chilly stare that Sooyoung thought is enough to kill.  Kim Hyoyeon is probably – scratch that, really is the only girl in this school who’s oblivious to Yul’s charm.  Sooyoung thought. 

“What do you want now?”  Hyoyeon asked with a flat tone showing her disinterest in their conversation that’s about to happen.

“Let’s go out after school, shall we?  I’ll have my limousine waiting outside.”  Yul smirked cockily at her.  Can you believe the nerve of this guy?  Hyoyeon screamed inwardly.  Yul saw that Hyoyeon wasn’t tempted at his offer at all.  “Oh, come on.  I know you want to, sweetheart.”  Everyone in the room stopped all that they were doing and eavesdropped to what looks like will be the next hot topic in the school’s newspaper.  Breaking news: A girl rejected Kwon Yul for the very first time.  Hyoyeon chuckled bitterly then said,

“I don’t think I was clear enough when I kicked your yesterday, huh?”  Everyone in the room gasped in shock including Sooyoung.  She did what?  Sooyoung asked inwardly but then continued to listen in.  “Listen here, Kwon.  I know your MO.  Court a vulnerable girl, make her fall in love, and then when she’s already head over heels for you, you’ll dump her.”  Hyoyeon stated matter-of-factly.  Yul, who was so confident earlier, looks like words left him.  “When are you gonna get it through your thick head that I’m not, and will never be, one of those girls?  I’ll forgive you this time but if you ever bother me again, I’ll kick your manhood so hard you’re not gonna be able to reproduce your own kind.”  Hyoyeon threatened looking deadly serious.

Day after that Yul stopped bothering Hyoyeon but bugged Sooyoung instead.  He was asking how he could make Hyoyeon give in and Sooyoung plainly answered that he could not do anything about it.  Knowing Hyoyeon for only a short time was enough to give Sooyoung the impression that she is stubborn and doesn’t like people telling her what to do.  She is also independent, witty, and honest.  Sooyoung told Yul that he should just give up and apologize for bothering Hyoyeon.  Surprisingly, Yul seemed to listen to him and did what he said.  Yul apologized and Hyoyeon, having the forgiving nature, accepted it.  That was the start of their long friendship.  The three of them started to hang out together with Tiffany.  They all became really close and did almost everything together.  And as time went by, Yul witnessed how Sooyoung’s admiration for Hyoyeon turned into something deeper and he actually became Soo’s wingman…

 

“What’s with that look on your face?”  Yul asked breaking Sooyoung train of thoughts.

“Just reminiscing about how our friendship started.  That was some story wasn’t it?  By the way, I don’t think Hyoyeon would like it if she found out that you restored your notorious playboy status.”  Sooyoung said.  During the start of their friendship, Hyoyeon lectured Yul about how it isn’t right to play with girls’ feelings.  That they should be treated as if they were princesses.  Hyoyeon went on it for a month that Sooyoung, Tiffany, and Yul managed to memorize her lines.  By some miracle, she seemed to knock some sense into Yul and he began to lay low.

“You’re talking about Hyo again, dude.  I thought you’re already on your way to moving on?  And for the record, Hyoyeon is miles and miles away from us that even if she found out she can’t do anything about it.”

“Actually I saw her earlier with Fany.”  Yul, who was sipping on his liquor, almost choked.  He looked up to Sooyoung with alarm etched on his face.  After recovering from shock, Yul spoke.

“No, you didn’t.”  Sooyoung gave him the oh-yes-I-did look and smirked at him.  “You’re not messing with me, are you?”

“I’m not.”

“Really?”

“Yep.”

“Oh God! Please don’t tell her anything, Soo.  I don’t want to be hit by that danshin again.”  Yul begged.  He was either punched or slapped by Hyoyeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter