Chapter 1

Way Back Into Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                Their jaws drop as they enter Hyoyeon’s penthouse which is situated at the 60th and topmost floor of the apartment complex.  The apartment’s interior is a mixture of black and white just how Hyoyeon likes it to be.  Its white, tiled floor so shiny and spotless that you can almost use it as a mirror.  Even the walls can be described as divine because of how pristine it looks with the color white. The living room has an L-shaped, black and white couch that can occupy at least 10 people in it.  In front of the couch is a 68-inch, flat screen, LED TV that hangs on the wall with two speakers on either side of it and a DVD player just below the TV.  Black, velvety carpet is placed on the floor with a rectangular, glass table on top of it and two cushions surrounding it.  To make the living room even more enticing, a huge glass acted as a wall which allowed rays of sunlight to stream in and give them a brighter atmosphere.

“Wow.  Just…wow.”  Tiffany mutters under her breath while scanning the vast living room with an amused expression.  “Why black and white though, Hyo?  Don’t get me wrong, okay?  This is really beautiful but being dichromatic makes it kinda dull.”  Hyoyeon turned to face her and smiled before asking,

“Do you love pink, Fany?”   

“I told you I’m in love with it.”  Tiffany replied with a did-you-just-ask-me-that tone in her voice.

“The same goes for me with black and white.  And you’re right.  This really is beautiful.  I just saw this in pictures that a friend sent me and I bought it not having second thoughts.”  Hyoyeon looks at her sister who’s been quiet for a while.  “What do you think Sunny unnie?”

“It’s…this place is amazing.  But seriously Hyo?  60th floor?  You know I’m not that fond of heights and the long elevator ride made me so dizzy I almost puked.”  Hyoyeon laughed at her sister’s annoyance and thought to herself that they both have the temper of a bull.

 

Hyoyeon, Sunny, and Tiffany settle on the couch waiting for the pizza they ordered to arrive.  They just finished the tour and even Hyoyeon could not believe that she was able to purchase this marvelous place.  The master’s bedroom, or rather her room, has a king-sized bed, a flat screen TV, air conditioner and heater, an en suite bathroom and walk-in closet, and lastly, a veranda with an astounding view of Songdo.  The penthouse also has two more bedrooms, a bathroom, an appropriately large dining area and kitchen.  Hyoyeon also found out that she has a rooftop pool at her disposal which is so amazing.

“Your place is the best, Hyo.”  Said Tiffany who is sitting on the couch with her feet up on the center table.

“Thanks.  So, do you guys have something else to do?  Can you sleep here tonight?  I don’t want to be all alone just yet.”

“I can stay and help you unpack.”  Sunny offered nicely to her sister.  Hyoyeon thanked and told her that she’s the best unnie in the world.  “You just say that because I’m your only sister.”  Sunny said with a pout.

“That’s exactly the point.”  Hyoyeon winked at Sunny who threw a pillow at her.  “Fany, how about you?”

“I can’t.  I’m sorry.”  Tiffany responds sheepishly at Hyo who raise an eyebrow at her incredulously.  “I have a date.”  Fany blurted out with a smirk.  So my best friend has a boyfriend now.  Good for her.  Hyoyeon thought silently.

“Oh, who’s the lucky guy?  And why am I learning about this just now?”

“His name is Taeyeon.  He lives in the same building as me.  We just started dating two months ago that’s why I haven’t told you yet till now.”

“So, when can I meet this Taeyeon?”

“I’ll arrange a welcome dinner for you tomorrow night and I’ll bring Taeyeon with me.  You can meet him there.  Just don’t be so inquisitive and hard on him, Hyo.  He’s kind of timid, you know.”  Hyoyeon’s eyebrows shot upward as she heard the word timid.

“The bold and outspoken Tiffany Hwang has a timid boyfriend?  Well that’s interesting.”  Tiffany scowled at her and Hyoyeon held up her hands in surrender while Sunny watched the girls’ interaction in awe.  “Okay, okay.  I’ll try not to be hard on him.”

 

A few minutes later, their pizza arrived and they were engaged in a conversation once again.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter