Coffee

Take me to the Sky

 

Yoga is one of the things I’m fond of. It clears my mind and help me focus on myself. But it’s not working. I can still feel his hands on my hands, like a puzzle that fits together perfectly. His smile that touches his eyes, those sincere smile is etched in my head

 

It’s been a week already and I haven’t seen Yoongi since we exchanged our names in the bus. I hate to admit it, I want to see him badly.

 

I guess yoga is not helping me at all. I can’t keep my head straight. I stood up and decided to take a warm bath to ease my mind.

 

I took a bath and went to work. Work always takes my mind of things because it’s eating most of my time.

 

As I sit on the bus, I see old couple in front of me. They’re holding hands and smiling happily with each other. My heart suddenly felt a pang. It was painful for me to watch. As I remember the time that I was happy. Happy in love. I met the greatest man in my life, Jimin. I thought our relationship will end up like those old couple. We talked about marriage and having kids on our own. Our hands intertwined as we laugh and talk about our future together. Everything was perfect, but then he needed to go to London, where he lives. I got no choice and say because his family needs him there. I let him go. We chose the long distance relationship. At first everything was fine because communicating in this modern day was not a problem. Until days turns into months, turned into years, and as I know it, 3 years had passed already. You never came back. I don’t even know what your voice sounds like or how you look like. Everything was a blur. Our messages turned into once a week, once every two weeks, twice a month, until I never heard from you. I feel abandoned by you. You never contacted me since then, the last message that I remembered was when your brother messaged me that you’re sick that day and you’ll just message me when you get better. I waited like a fool and I instantly felt that we are done. That was it. The last remaining puzzle for us to separate our lives. It’s been a year now and finally I got to breathe without feeling a piece of glass scraping in my throat.

 

I arrived at my work and put on the mask that I always wear. The mask that tells everyone that I’m okay. That I don’t need saving, not anymore.

 

——

 

(Yoongi POV)

 

 

 

You are looking at your office window and seeing the city below your feet is astonishing. Even with all the beautiful scenery, You don’t have any inspiration to write a new song. You need to write something for our upcoming comeback. You need to go out and drink coffee. You didn’t even bother getting your bag. Just the laptop and your wallet.

 

“Hyung! We’re you going? Our practice will start in 30 minutes!” Tae shouted but you ignored him. You just waved your hand at him.

 

They usually don’t bother you when you’re writing a song or sleeping because they know you’ll be glaring at them.

 

You are part of a idol group called Bangtan Sonyeondan who is just a rookie group. No one still recognize you in streets and you enjoy that. But you hated the idea of being an idol but you want to pursue producing music and your group members are awesome that you bearly see yourself as an idol when you are with them.

 

You walked out of the elevator and saw kids running around in the ground floor. You like kids and they made you smile with no reasons. You enjoy the fact that there’s a preschool center at the ground floor of our office.

 

 

You head over to your favorite cafe but there are a lot of people today. You really hate crowded place but you love the coffee here. You looked around and see that someone is sitting at your usual table, the isolated table. But you really don’t care today. You just want to sit there and get over this song that you are writing. You’ll just sit there and not bother whoever busy person was there.

 

“Uhm excuse me. Is this seat taken?” As you spoke calmly as possible. The girl lifted her head up. She looks confused at first but you can see how her eyes shows everything. That made you smile.

 

As you sat and opened your laptop. Inspiration filled up your brain and started  typing. You can feel her stares as you sip your coffee. You are uncomfortable with people staring at you, but she’s different. You don’t know why you like being stared by her.

 

"I can hear my heart beating loudly. My earphones are not helping me at all. I need to catch my breathe." Your inner thoughts are shouting at you.

 

You stood up and went to the bathroom to wash your hands and stared at your reflection for a minute. “Yoongi, what are you doing?” As you whisper to yourself in annoyance.

 

When you went back to the table. You see her shifting through her chair. Like she’s looking for someone. She was startled when you asked her who is she looking for. Good thing your reflex are working this time. You held her firmly in your arms and catched her.

 

She smelled like flowers and crayons. You don't know why you associated her with crayons, but you like that smell. Like a new box of crayons when you are still a kid.

 

Then you stood her up but she immediately got up too. Her face is bright red and got her things way too fast. You were left there confused.

 

“Did I do something wrong?” You scratched your head in confusion. But you don’t have time for any relationship or interaction with other people. You just need to focus on your new career. Your groups debut is coming and you’re still not yet done with your upcoming album. Stress creeps back and you got my laptop and coffee in my hands.

 

You went back inside the practice room. Everybody is noisy and as soon as you entered, Namjoon (the leader of the group) suddenly put his arms around your shoulders and guided you towards the CEO’s office.

 

“Hyung, you need to see the new kid! He has a great voice and he dances pretty good. He just came back from London but he speaks korean well”

 

You just nooded as Namjoon explained all of this “new” kid’s characteristics. You are impressed and you know that he will be a good inclusion for your group.

 

“Yoongi, meet Jimin. He’ll be part of our new boy group. He’ll be the last addition to the group, you’ll be a seven members group” your CEO explained while you took his hand to have a handshake.

 

“Hi I’m Min Yoongi, Welcome to the group. I hope you will find this astonishing as we all do” You gave him a reassuring smile.

 

“Park Jimin, I hope you take care of me”