Onew and breakfast

Onew and breakfast

Shinee’s dorm was peaceful.

Everyone was sleeping.

Jonghyun is swallowed by the covers. Minho had a pillow on top his head, Key was sleeping soundly in the middle of a bunch of pillows, Onew was positioned upright and sleeping like nothing in the world could bother him.

 

Taemin, on the other hand, was in the kitchen in the early morning, trying to think of a good meal to prepare for the hyungs.

He’s thought of doing this the week before but he wasn’t given the chance to do it until now, and it’s for no particular reason either. He just felt like it.

Well, he thinks he just feels like it.

He felt very thankful that everyone is getting along well and he wanted it to stay that way, one of the reasons, maybe.

 

So, after 30mins, he was still in the kitchen preparing the well thought meal of eggs, sausages and kimchi soup.

 

He was almost done after half an hour when he started setting up the table seeing the food almost cooked.

 

“Ah, I forgot to cook rice.”

 

He turned to search for the rice cooker pot. He bumped his head on a small cabinet when he heard someone call his name.

 

“Aigoo Aigoo…Taeminnie, what are you doing?”

 

Onew, apparently the man who startled our little cooking master, took soft steps to Taemin to hold the boy’s tiny waist and help him straighten up. He smiled, patted his dongsaeng’s head and made the other face him to greet him a groggy “Hi” still half asleep.

Taemin just smooshed Onew’s face in return telling him to sit still while he finished cooking.

 

“Why are you even cooking so early in the morning?”

 

His answer was nothing but the clanking of pans and ladles while he pouted and stood up beside Taemin.

 

“I wanna help.” He bumped the boy’s hips, teasing him slightly to let him join.

 

“Fine, make the rice. I’ll stir the soup.”

 

5 minutes, they were both minding their own business then Taemin came to check up on Onew washing the rice for breakfast.

He was completely shocked though.

 

"Hyung!”

 

“What?”

 

“Why is the rice bubbling?"

 

"You told me to wash it!"

 

Taemin rolled his eyes while grabbing the pot harshly from Onew's now foamy hands and studied the pot.

 

"You put soap on it?"

 

Onew shrugged and said "Yes" in a laid back way that would make anyone fume in frustration.

 

"WHY!"

 

Taemin didn’t know whether to hit him or laugh. This was really stupid, who’d eat rice washed in soap!?

Onew, on the other hand was looking clueless and blank while observing Taemin dump his efforts in the garbage bin, wash the pot and placed 2 measures of rice and placed water once again.

Onew took a flinching step back when he heard Taemin sigh and rested his eyes on him. The other tilted his head slightly, telling him to come over to the sink, probably to be taught how to wash rice properly.

 

“Look,” The younger male gently reached for Onew’s hand to dip it into the water filled pot and guided it to clean the rice. “This is how you do it.”

 

He stirred for a few seconds more and felt a little awkward when he realized he was holding hands with Onew. He masked a glance to the older boy and removed his hands slowly to se Onew doing it right on his own.

 

He wanted to smile proud at his little teaching but his nerves kept a straight face as he studied the other carefully. How his nose scrunched why he pressed onto the pot and a sigh then a smile of noted success when he knew he was doing the right thing and, how his hand felt soft and warm on his even under the cool water. He flinched as he felt a chill run through his hand and brushed it away a soon as he saw Onew draining the pot along with the rice.

 

“Hyung!”

 

Adding another half hour and they were done. Both were washing the utensils comfortably and it was a surprise that the others weren’t awake yet.

 

“Taeminnie…”

 

“Wha—“

 

The boy looked up from the dish he was washing for his nose to meet with a finger of foam. Onew chuckled looking at his masterpiece full of pride when Taemin smacked a handful on his face. Sure enough, both of them were bubbling even before they got the washing done.

 

“You should wash up.”

 

Taemin took a one glance at Onew and laugh. “I should say the same to you.” He raised a hand to playfully smack at Onew again but was stopped when a hand stopped him from his evil plan. There it was again, the soft, warm feeling his hand has on him and just for a moment he gripped it tighter, just for a moment and then he let go. Feeling that tightness in his stomach and a sudden difficulty in breathing, he inhaled a little too loud just to get air flowing back into his system.

 

He came rushing back to reality when a hand smacked his back causing him to choke on his own saliva.

He felt a hand caress his hair then Onew disappeared into the bathroom.

 

Soon after, everyone was awake, and happy that food was already served and they didn’t have to eat packed ramen or wait for someone to cook, which, probably, no one would do.

 

“Oh…Taemin ah, you really made this by yourself? How sweet!” Key was admiring his baby’s efforts and sent him a very appreciative smile, Jonghyun offered him a high five telling him it tasted delicious, Minho was complimenting him too. Onew was silently eating with his smiling eyes possibly suggesting he was liking it as much as the others.

 

“Na, Taemin ah, are we supposed to be celebrating something today?” Minho was curious about the non habitable act Taemin did for them, plus, they had the whole afternoon off, Taemin could have just slept since they just had a late schedule.

 

The Maknae chuckled and made an aegyo. “I just wanted to do something special for you Hyungs.” He batted his eyelashes and swayed like a kid hoping to please.

The room went silent and everyone was looking at Taemin irritated.

 

“Ya!” By now, everyone was gathered around Taemin’s chair and hitting him playfully because of his little missy act. Oh, except for Onew that is.

 

Taemin was eyeing Onew through the hyung attack he was going through and suddenly, he couldn’t feel the hitting anymore.

 

A game of rock-paper-scissors after the breakfast was one sure reason why Taemin was now stuck with the dishes, the ungrateful hyungs, really.

 

“Aish. I already did the cooking.” He scrubbed unsympathetically on the poor plate while glaring daggers all the same. He made a sour face at the pathetic (says him) plate and hastily placed it on the side.

Soon, he felt a pair of hands snake their way through his arms and resting on his own while it guided him to the next plate and washed it simultaneously.

He shifted quickly to see Onew smiling at him and pushing him back to their original position and continue washing. Taemin didn’t really mind at all, in fact, he loves moments like this, with Onew especially. It’s just awkward.

 

“Uh, Hyung?”

 

“Mmm…”

 

Their entwined hands placed a dish on the side and grabbed a spoon this time.

Taemin was debating whether to kindly ask his Hyung to lay off him, or to just…well, he can’t really think of anything else so he decided to just let it be.

 

“Your hands are…”

 

“Hmm?”

 

He bit his lip slightly and hesitated. “They’re really soft Hyung.”

He took a moment to just really feel how Onew’s skin pressed through his.

It felt wonderful.

 

They have stopped washing the dishes by now but it was like time froze that very minute.

Well, literally, because they just stopped moving and just staring at the bubbles left in the sink, hands still where they were when they started. Taemin was leaning in to Onew’s body as he thought he fitted perfectly while the eldest admired how sweet Taemin was being, and he loved it. It was times like this that he appreciated being the eldest in the group. Someone his dongsaengs can lean on, in this case once again, literally.

 

“What are you guys doing?” Key and Minho appeared in the background smirking, with Jonghyun snapping the camera once and raising an eyebrow to the two of them. “Having fun washing the dishes now, are we?” Jonghyun focused the camera again attempting to take a shot of juicy OnTae.

 

“Oi! Y-ya! Stop that!”

 

Jonghyun took that as a cue to run as Onew followed soon after.

 

Taemin was left in the kitchen with a continuously smirking Key with Minho eyeing you with that devil smile of his.

 

“Taemin ah, my baby, you have a lot ahead of you…”

 

With that, Key started his lecture about handling a relationship along with Minho who occasionally shows his approval while Onew continues to chase Jonghyun in the background.

Needless to say, everyone was grumpy during their night schedule.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: How is it? my goodness. tell me. I'm absolutely new here. haha

Comments? yea? yea.