Comfort

She's Not Ugly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: Angst and fluff(?)

 

 

Don’t lie to my face tellin’ me
I’m pretty

 

 

 

“Jiyong!”

She intended to call him normally, but it ended up more like a squeak. She had been waiting for him to finish his P.E class. Dara nervously clenched her fingers around the bottle, hoping that Jiyong heard her. 

And he did. Jiyong turned his head to Dara. He gave her a glance, hinting her to wait while he continued splashing his face with water. He shut the tap off and reached for the towel that he hung on his shoulder.

Dara watched him as he dabbed the towel on his face. For an unknown reason, the way Jiyong dried his skin and slightly ruffled his wet hair made her blush. Dara quickly looked down at her shoes. Now she knew why there were a lot of girls who tried so hard to gain his attention, the attention which Dara got without even trying. But she didn’t know if she was lucky or it was just fate trying to play with her.

Her thoughts were disturbed when Jiyong nudged her shoulder with money in his hand. 

“What is in that head? You’re not even paying attention to what I am saying.” 

Sensing his annoyance, she quickly apologized and took the money for his drink that she bought.

“Sorry.” Her voice was so small, making Jiyong scoff.

“Speak loudly, could you? I’m not going to beat you.”

“I’m sorry!” Dara’s eyes widened, her hands clamped when she realized that her voice was louder than it should be. She shut her eyes when Jiyong raised his hand, afraid that he would hit her instead.

“Are you stupid? Do you even know that speaking loudly and shouting are different?” He slowly poked the side of her head. “I’m asking you if your head is already okay.”

“Yes!” She shouted again. “I-I mean, ye-yes.” Dara stuttered when she tried to lower her voice. “You don’t have to send me home, I need to go to my part-time job.” When Jiyong was quiet, she looked up to him, only to abruptly look down back when she found that Jiyong was staring down at her with his usual emotionless face.

If Jiyong found that she was amusing, he didn’t say anything.

They walked side by side in silence, passing the field where the rugby players were practicing for their upcoming game with the other school.

“Watch out!”

A hollered came from the field, making Dara turn to the left. She could see a ball coming straight to her and she froze. She was ready to get hit by the rugby ball, but a hand pushed her to the side and she stumbled into someone's chest. 

“Sorry! I’m so sorry!”

She could hear someone breathlessly pleading. Dara pushed herself from the body. It was Jiyong who saved her. In his hand, there was the rugby ball. Realizing how close the position they were both in, she blushed again.

“Careful,” Jiyong said to the rugby player that ran to both of them.

“I’m so sorry. Are you both okay?”

Jiyong looked down at her with an eyebrow raised. Understood, she nodded her head and turned to the player.

“I’m okay.”

She was met with a boy who was a head taller than her, eyes crinkling, offering her a sweet smile. He reminded Dara of someone she knew.

“Oh! Aren't you Sandara?”

Knowing the fact that he knew her, she unconsciously pushed Jiyong to her front, shielding herself with Jiyong’s body.

“Ah- no! Don’t be afraid. My sister told me a lot about you. She said you’re her friend.”

Dara hesitantly peeked at him from behind Jiyong, her hands gripping Jiyong’s arm. She looked at Jiyong’s face, but the boy only stared at the rugby player silently before he speak.

“Go, Dae. Your members are waiting.”

“Ah, okay. See you around.” He waved happily and retreated to the field.

“Her sister? My friend?”

“You got only one female friend, Tokki.” He answered.

Dara confusedly stared at Jiyong with her hands still gripping him.

“Minzy?” she finally asked.

He nodded. “Her twin brother.” Jiyong pulled his arm from her grip and continued walking, leaving Dara standing alone watching his back. After a while, she chased over Jiyong, trying to match her steps with him.

“Well well. Isn’t it the Mighty Kwon Jiyong?” A mock voice startled Dara and she took Jiyong’s arm again. Jiyong grimaced to her but let her grip to him.

“TOP!”

Dara and Jiyong watched as their vice president, Park Bom, hissed to the tall guy.

“What?” TOP answered, his eyes still on Jiyong and Dara.

“Stop it, okay. Why do you have to make things difficult whenever you see Jiyong?”

“He’s the troublemaker, okay? I’m not the one who creates trouble. I just clean his mess by punishing him.”

Bom smacked TOP again.

“You are the president of the student council for heaven’s sake! Stop playing around! Jiyong did not create any trouble for these past days, so let him be!”

Jiyong scoffed. “You heard that, nerdy? Leave me alone, okay, you bingu president.”

TOP frowned, annoyed with Jiyong’s reaction that clearly played with him. “Well, I’m sure you’re too preoccupied since you have a dog to take care of now.” He glanced to Dara who was standing scaredly behind Jiyong.

In a flash, Jiyong already gripping his collar grimly glared at him. “Don’t talk about her like that.” He hissed.

“Ah. So what? You want to punch me so I can give you some task to do today?”

“You bas-“

“Jiyong!”

Dara grabbed a fistful of Jiyong’s shirt from behind as Bom did the same thing to TOP. 

“Ji-Jiyong. Don’t fight. I-I don’t like i-it. And please don’t curse. That’s not ni-nice.” She tried pulling Jiyong with her voice still stuttering. God knew how afraid she was right now. People might have thought that she was stupid to tell a troublemaker to stop making trouble.

Jiyong glared at TOP again, as if ready to punch his face but it shocked all of them when Jiyong actually let go of TOP and pushed him aside. He threw an annoyed glance to Dara before he left them.

“Sorry for the trouble, president, Park Bom-shi.” Dara bowed a few times and quickly followed Jiyong.

TOP was still in shock when Bom smacked his head hard.

“Auch! What was that for?” He rubbed his head.

“You stupid! Dara is not a dog!” Bom shouted loudly in his face. Her face was red in anger.

“I know that, okay. Park is a good girl, it’s just confusing. You saw that right? Kwon actually stop when she said so.”

“Seunghyun!” Bom shouted again, this time calling his real name. “You should not do that again, you hear me? Although you don’t have any intention to say that, it could still hurt Dara. You should taste your words first before you spit them. You better apologize to her!”

 

 

...

 

 

“Doggie! Catch this!”

A pebble w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter