Change

She's Not Ugly
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just like her I wanna be pretty
I wanna be pretty
Don’t lie to my face cuz I know
I’m ugly

 

 

The way that some of the girls were giggling while pointing at her, and the way she was walking made Jiyong sigh to himself. He pushed all the girls out of his way, making them shrieked but said nothing more when they realized it was Kwon Jiyong that pushed them. Instead, their faces turned to horror when they saw him walking to his little puppy.

Dara abruptly stopped walking when he stood in front of her, eyes trailing from her face to her legs. He looked back into her eyes before he suddenly crouched down and started to fold her pants. 

And Jiyong was not surprised to see her ankle had turned a little bit blue and black. 

“Can you walk properly?” he asked while keeping his hands on her ankle. He looked up when Dara didn’t answer him and found her staring at him with her fingers fidgeting. 

“I-it hurts, but I can manage.”

He nodded. Jiyong stood up and suddenly walked straight to where the girls were standing. Their eyes widened to see him walk to them with that unreadable expression. What shocked the most was that Jiyong kicked one of the girls by her ankle without too much force, and she fell, pulling her friends along with her to kiss the ground. The scene attracted a lot of attention, and from afar, Seungri and Taeyang’s laughter was the loudest.

Chaerin smirked to herself, shaking her head to see such an event happening. She then laughed along with the two boys who were practically rolling on the ground after noticing Dara’s confused face. She looked so naïve that Chaerin nearly cried.

“Karma!” Minzy, Daesung, and Bom popped out of nowhere and hollered to the girls before making their way to Chaerin and the other two boys. They kept watching as Jiyong walked back to Dara with a small smirk on his lips. He then followed behind the limped Dara into the school building.

“Do you know?” Seungri asked suddenly. Everyone turned their head to him, raising their eyebrows except his cousin that was still looking to where Jiyong and Dara were heading.

“No, I don’t.” Chaerin nonchalantly responded, earning a glare from Seungri. He ignored her and focused back on their friends.

“Jiyong’s smiling a lot these days.”

“You mean like how he did just now after he kicked those girls? Man, that is not a smile. That’s an evil smirk, and it’s scary.” Taeyang chuckled. His answer earned laughter from the others, but Seungri shook his head.

“That’s what I mean. He smirked and smiled. It’s different from how he was before. He is showing more emotion when Dara is near. Unlike months ago, he was like a human without any emotion when he stepped into the school.”

Daesung nodded, followed by Minzy and Bom. Taeyang and Chaerin looked at each other and nodded as well. They were actually impressed that Seungri actually paid attention to Jiyong’s behavior. Most of the time, Seungri was someone who speak without thinking and sometimes was too honest, or maybe stupid.

Like how he said that Dara was ugly.

“And he has not done anything to break the rules for two months already. That’s boring.” 

TOP’s rough voice interrupted their conversation. Hearing him, Bom huffed furiously. The Student Council members were having less work because Jiyong haven’t caused any trouble and they were happy about it. But it was different for their president. TOP had been complaining about how he could not make the boy clean the toilet.

Because of that, TOP received a lot of pinch from Bom.

“Well, President, at least you can save some energy to do other things.” Minzy grinned at him. TOP glanced at her before rolling his eyes and pulling Bom with him.

Bom waved to the others and started to nag to the president. They could see TOP closing both of his ears with his hands but that cause Bom to start pinching him.

“Looks like it’s not only Jiyong and Dara that have been changing.” Chaerin shrugged.

 

 

 

 

“You again.” The nurse chuckled as she turned and saw Dara walk into the infirmary room with Jiyong. Dara blushed at her comment but bowed politely to the nurse. She felt her eyes checking her and then told her to sit while she started to get the first aid kit on the shelf.

Jiyong pushed Dara to sit on the bed, while he pulled the chair near the bed and sat there. Although Dara now knew how to deal with people that was talking bad things about her, she still didn’t know how to handle it if people physically hurt her. Based on what happened to Dara’s ankle, the girls must have tripped her or pushed her to the ground. Dara did not say anything about it, but he knew she would tell him any minute from now.

He felt how her fingers gently grazed his arm. When he turned to her, Dara was pouting.

“They pushed me and I tripped at the small drain near the toilet.”

“I thought that you have learned how to punch people.” He said.

It was actually a joke. For the first time, Kwon Jiyong was joking but Dara glared at him, scandalized. It was funny to see her like that but Jiyong kept his stoic face as always.

“I can’t punch people anytime that I like!” she shrieked, and she quickly covered with her hand when she realized that she just raised her voice to Jiyong. To her relief, he only threw a lazy glance at her. Both of them went into silence as the nurse treat her ankle. After she was done, the nurse asked if Dara wanted to stay in the infirmary room. Before the girl could answer, Jiyong cut in.

“Let her sleep. It’s going to be exhausting to strain that ankle more.”

The nurse raised her eyebrow. “You can carry her.”

Jiyong snorted. Of course, he could carry her but that would make him do a lot of work. And he believed that Dara would not want him to do that anyway. From the corner of his eye, he caught a glimpse of Dara scrunching her nose at the nurse’s suggestion.

“No way I’d do that. She won’t want it anyway.” 

When he got up from the sit, Dara quickly snatched his arm, making him turn his head and look down at her. Even after that, she did not let go of his hand. It’s not like he minded it anyway. That girl had slowly become someone that he was comfortable with.

“Are you going to beat the girls as you did before?”

Her voice was soft, almost like pleading. Jiyong felt his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter