The Breakfast

Pink Cheeks

Hello!! I wrote this for fun and, to be honest, I'm not sure if I'll ever continue it but for the time being, I really enjoyed writing it and I think I'll make some more?? I wanted to clear this up in case I never add any more chapters which I doubt but then again I can never trust myself lol

I know the girls don't call Rosé by her stage name but I'm used to writing that so I went with it, I hope no one minds!

That's all, I really hope you like the story ❤ (P.S If you find any mistakes I didn't catch, please let me know, thanks!)


The sun peered through the window, peeking itself into the room and across the bed that was positioned in the center of the wall, an equal distance separating it on either side. The white fluffy duvet covers were splayed across the bed, though not very neatly, covering every inch of the mattress and the bottom half of the velvety soft pillows. A desk sat in the further corner of the room, pressed up against the wall that stood in between Lisa’s and Rosé’s room.

She shuffled her feet, only having gotten dressed a few moments ago as she sat on the very edge of the bed, hands rubbing against her legs. She had thrown on an oversized faded gray and white baseball t-shirt that covered her light blue ripped jean shorts, resembling a look that almost appeared like she was pants-less. She used to care about everyone else’s opinions on her rather “skimpy” outfit, but the girls had told her that as long as she felt comfortable she shouldn't bother with anyone else’s thoughts. And so she pressed down her shirt, standing from her place on the bed as she headed towards the door exiting her room, just in time for a call from her friends.

“Rosé! Breakfast!” She heard the familiar voice of Jisoo calling her into the kitchen. The girls alternated with preparing breakfast, although most of the time they stayed full on handfuls of cereal and two percent milk that they were provided by YG. Although they weren’t allowed much more than cheerios and whole-bran, it was still ideal.

The wooden floor panels creaked under her bare feet, rubbing up against her skin as she made her way down the hall and past the other vacant rooms. The smell of freshly cooked scrambled eggs lingered in the air, sending warm chills down Rosé’s spine at the idea of delicious food. Her stomach tingled, reminding her of just how hungry she was.

Jisoo was swerving around the kitchen counter, pan in hand as she filled each individual plate with the eggs she’d finished conjuring up a few moments ago. Lisa topped them with a few garnishing leaves and a sliced cherry tomato before widely grinning at her accomplishment, clearly pleased even though Jisoo had most likely done all the work. Lisa settled into her spot, glancing at Rosé as if to eye her over, checking for something, though Rosé couldn’t read the expression, and she wasn’t at all sure about it. Instead, she brushed it off, seating herself, but not before getting crisscrossed and propping her legs up under her for the ideal seating arrangement. Jennie had been pulling glasses out of the upper cabinets, unseen earlier, but entering quickly after to place each one in front of the plates, pouring each girl some iced water and sitting alongside them after she’d finished. The chair scraped against the ground, emitting an annoying screech that the girls had slowly gotten used to over time, and now barely paid any attention to.

Jisoo slowly ate her food, eyebrows raised as she awaited conversation. “So…” She began, bolstering her elbow atop the table, sending the sleeve of her rather preppy pink plaid shirt to fall down along her arm.

“We have a photoshoot again today, not exactly exciting huh.” Jennie frowned, eyeing her food as she took a bite. Rosé bit her lip, sighing slightly as she thought about the makeup and outfits they’d go through before management decided it was perfect. Although it didn’t seem tough from the outside, they went through a lot of wardrobe changes before they could finally take the actual pictures and relax. It was tiring.   

The four girls sat in silence for the following fifteen minutes as they finished their food before they decided it was just about the right time to leave their dorm and head out on a quick walk before they were pulled away to the shoot for the rest of the day. It was only 8 AM, and the sun was just rising, so the sky was a light pink and yellow, and it looked beyond beautiful.

Slipping on their shoes, they headed out onto the streets of Korea. Journeying through a small path that led down into a trail through a forest. Rosé, tired as per usual, had slowed down behind the others, leaving Jennie, Jisoo, and Lisa to speak together in the front. The brown dirt kicking under her feet as she moved along the dimly lit passageway. The overhanging trees blocked the light that entered through the branches, and the area seemed almost completely dark, but there was a serene calm to it as well.

Lisa glanced backwards, watching Rosé as she remained in the back, eyes at her shoes, not realizing that Lisa was watching her from ahead. Without a moment’s notice, she slowed down, allowing Rosé to reach her and just her, leaving Jisoo and Jennie on their own, though they hadn’t noticed.

Rosé lifted her gaze, catching hold of Lisa who was now only a few inches away, grazing her side as they continued their even pace forward. “Hmm?” Rosé managed to say, although her extreme weariness refrained her from saying much more.

“You seem groggy,” Lisa claimed, sending Rosé to laugh in a small huff as if to mock the fact that it was so obvious despite Lisa announcing it.

“Yeah, I haven’t been able to sleep recently.” Rosé claimed, her fingers rubbing against one another as she avoided eye contact. Lisa nodded slowly, hiding the emotions that would normally remain present on her face.

“If you can’t sleep then you should get up and take a drink of water. Not sure why that works but it does.” She smiled, her eyes crinkling as she did. She was always adorable when she smiled, and Rosé was sure everyone could agree on that.

“And if all else fails, you can get me, I’ll help,” Lisa concluded, tearing herself away from staring at Rosé as she continued to do despite her attempts not to.

 “What?”

“I’ve been told I’m a great singer, maybe I can sing you a lullaby with that guitar of yours?” Lisa said sarcastically, sending Rosé to laugh quietly under her breath.

“Oh really? The guitar you are so terrible at playing?” She teased, and in return, Lisa gasped in mock offense.    

“Maybe you can teach me sometime?” she asked, her hand grazing Rosé’s, who was now lightly blushing in response to that comment and the touch, and everything altogether, although she had no clue why.

“Yeah, maybe,”