Storm gray pup

Wolves Trap

“Rise and shine pups.” A groggy Yongguk said before letting the children out to roam around their territory. The pups woke up early and never seemed to stop nagging at his door for something like letting them out or giving them time to play with Junhong. Rubbing his eyes he started to head to the kitchen which was already bustling in the morning with the boys and the pups.

“You know, we need to stop taking in injured werewolf pups Himchan. We can’t house all of them.” Daehyun reasoned while trying to take one off of his leg that was using his calf to teethe. Yongguk let out a laugh hearing a small whimper come from the pup. It sounded like a cat that was unable to reach the treat the owner was baiting them with. A small defeated sound, in simple words.

“I have a search to do near Zhou Naeun’s pack house… do any of you want to join me?” Yongguk questioned leaning against the wall, clad in sweatpants and a wife beater. It was the summer time and if he wore anymore clothing he would most likely sweat the paint off the house.

“I will Guk.” Jongup replied quietly. It wasn’t often his best fighter came with him on searches, but around a touchy and unknown subject like Naeun he didn’t hesitate. She was unknown and none of them knew if she was enemy or foe. Right now, they couldn’t afford for her to be a foe.

“ that hurts.” Naeun groaned before roundhouse kicking a rogue wolf out of her face. Typically, she could roam around the forest without worry, but today that wasn’t the case. Seeing the slimy dog bare his teeth she knew he was playing serious. Shifting into her own wolf form she threw her clothes to the side. Come at me puppy. You don’t mess with an alpha. Letting out a loud howl the dog attempted to reach for her neck. Unfortunately, the wolf didn’t get far as Naeun took a chunk out of the dogs stomach after maneuvering around the dogs attack to her neck. Lesson one; never go after the deathly part first. Get small hits then go after the kill. Not paying attention for a second the dog got the advantage and jumped on her. Feeling its spit trail down her fur she whimpered before lodging her back paws into the rogue’s underside. Pushing up she flipped the rogue over before jumping over a rock and leaping to safety. I can’t afford another injury today. These rogue’s are everywhere lately and if another attacks me I don’t have the materials to patch up my wounds. I used the last bit on the storm pup yesterday. Hearing a few growls around her Naeun whipped her head around before realizing she was circled. Around her were five wolves; two unshifted and three shifted into their wolf form.

“You are on our territory. State what you want here and then leave or pay the price.” The order resonated in her ear. She had never felt the presence of such a strong alpha male before. It was like the weight of the world suddenly went on her shoulders. Okay Naeun, two options, one good and one bad. Good, let your wolf speak and show your dominance as alpha. Bad, turn around and run through the wall of wolves. The first one wont get you killed but the second one might.

Turning on her backpacks she leaned back slightly, stretching her back paws she leaped over the first black wolf she saw. Hearing the two other wolves shift she howled before sprinting as fast as she could. The crunching of twigs and grass filled her ears and fuelled her fire to escape the pack of wolves as fast as she possibly could. Feeling a wind in front of her she rammed straight into the alpha she heard earlier. Onyx, her wolf, growled in annoyance before suddenly going quiet. Realizing the world was going small again she knew that she had shifted back and was fainting.

“Yongguk you hit her head on!” A voice nagged before her eyes fluttered shut and her body numb and bloody.

She relived it every time she slept. She was on a hunt for her pups; her pack had plenty of mates who produced wonderful offspring who she always provided fresh breakfast for. Finally finding a fresh elk she trotted back to the pack house seeing everything in chaos and turmoil. She heard the screams of mate’s names, Pups whimpers, and the smell of blood that made her mind churn. Running into the house she growled at the perpetrators who smirked at her. They had a newborn pup in their arms before going down. The bones crushing and loud cry was enough for Onyx to take over her body and pounce on the human. She quickly ripped at the human’s core tearing out its heart. Spitting it onto the already bloodied floor her wolf bolted upstairs to see the rest of her pack meet the same fate. They were long gone, some killed peacefully in their sleep while others didn’t have the same fortune. Letting out a sad howl, Onyx and Naeun ran away. It was unbearable what pain you felt when you realized your pack was dead because of you.

“I’m sorry,” Naeun whispered, still sleeping in an unfamiliar bed. Around her were Yongguk, Youngjae, Daehyun, Himchan, Jongup, and Junhong. They were confused; who was this alpha female? Why was she apologizing and screaming in her sleep? It was unknown to them.

“Wake her up Himchan.” Yongguk ordered before staring down at the girl from the top of the bed. Seeing Himchan touch the girl made something ruffle Yongguks fur.

“Miss, wake up- .” Himchan cursed as a fist came flying his way and the already injured girl jumped on the bed. She was clearly afraid of all the males in the room, you could tell in her eyes. She hadn’t rested for that long in a while. It was foreign to her, and they realized why. She couldn’t sleep without having nightmares.

“Who are you? Where am I? What do you want from me?” She growled, her voice wasn’t loud, but it also wasn’t a soft growl. You could tell from her voice that she was an alpha; she had the aura of one. Strong, determined, and trusted.

“I am Bang-“ Naeun did need to hear anymore than that. She knew that they had come for her. To take her and attach her to the fabricated strings of their court. Make her the monster they could control. Seeing an opening, Naeun ran out of the room before jumping onto the porch deck. Her shift was quick, her pale skin quickly turning to white fur and her once calm exterior replaced with a frightened wolves. As they watched her leave they finally realized who she was. The one alpha without a pack, without family to go to, and without a mate to keep her sane.

The wolf they had just seen escape on them was Zhou Naeun. The one wolf they were trying to get slipped out from their fingertips. Quickly to assume and escape from them.

“She fits her reputation.” She was unable to stay in one place longer than a few minutes once she realized the true reason. Naeun was able to distinguish if they place she was in was good or bad. Faulty or not.

Panting, Naeun ended up back in her abandoned home. She couldn’t stay near her pack house anymore. She lived in the East woods in what seemed to be an old camping site. Left there was a camper with a working bed and fridge. That was enough she needed to survive. Everything else she could and would do on her own. Zhou Naeun was no wussy; she knew things needed to be done quickly. Thriving without a pack was hard, surviving was worse. Wolves relied on their pack to help them survive. Their pack was their lifeline, without that they struggled to do more than walk around. Without their pack they walked along the path to insanity aimlessly.

“Zhou Naeun; a fox in a wolves body. She is quick to run, quick to hide, and quick to manipulate. We saw her once, and we can do it again.” Jongup spoke sternly to his group of members who were in charge of finding the rogue alpha.

“Sir, she injured our whole team this morning when we also attacked her in the same idea that you just gave.” A woman in her early twenties said softly. She was as beaten up as the rest of them; the alpha was a force to be reckoned with and would not be taken down quickly. Jongup swore before dismissing the plan he had and entering Yongguks office.

“After what I saw this afternoon and morning, she is more difficult than we thought Yongguk.”

“You are right. She is definitely more complex than any of us could have predicted.”

“What do we do?”

“I can’t say I know yet.” Yongguk bit his lip before looking Jongup in the eyes. He was not verbally speaking to Jongup, but Jongup got the message. There is something weird about her. I don’t like it. My wolf doesn’t either. Jongup nodded before exiting the office allowing Yongguk to mull over his thoughts. In that moment, Yongguk and Naeun were on the same wavelengths.

“What is so weird about him?”

“What is so weird about her?” Two questions they might never come to answer to or they might. It all depended on whether or not they wanted to know the answer they were desperately searching for.

“Oh! Did you follow me?” Naeun saw a storm colored puppy next to her. A tear slipped from her eye when the dog looked at her as if she was the mother.

“Are you hungry? Come here baby.” She picked up the pup and brought it into her camper before sitting out a bowl and allowing the pup to eat her dinner she got for the night. Seeing the dog munch down on the food she smiled knowingly, she remembered the pups in her own clan. Always ready for play and for food, she would offer that to this pup however long she had him in her grasps.

“Fetch!” She grinned throwing a small red bouncy ball she found after looking around the campsite. Unknowingly, a figure was watching her, with a smile on its face. Turning away the figure walked away from the forest just as Naeun was about to turn around.

“Kay lets go inside, this doesn’t seem safe to be out right now baby.” She spoke softly picking up the pup, not minding if it was teething on her arm. She could deal with it like she always did. Lying in her bed she groaned feeling her cuts constrict and cracking the scabs she had from the days fights. Feeling the pup snuggle into her body she wrapped her arms around the puppy before shutting her eyes and letting the world fade from her grasp. Even if it was only for a little while she could sleep, at least the pup was calm knowing she was with him throughout his sleep.

“Yongguk a pup is missing!”

“What!?” A voice roared exiting his office with red eyes, a clear sign he was sleeping or dozed off while roaming through papers and documents. Daehyun nodded sadly as the storm gray puffball that teethed on his calf that morning was gone. Yongguk stormed down the stairs and grabbed Daehyun’s collar, seeing red rather than seeing .

“Find him.” He growled before letting go and exiting the house. No one takes my pup and gets away with it. Whoever thought of taking him, prepare for hell because I will give it to you for touching my pack. Shifting into his wolf form, a midnight wolf bolted through the trees ignoring the darkening night sky.

 

A/N: Thank you for supporting my story! These characters are two I hope to develop better than my characters in Twins game. I wish that you enjoy the story, subscribe, and comment if you are up to it

- Jay