Butterfly Memories

Butterfly Memories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every day starts the same since that day. I wake up and see a sweet, angelic face sleeping peacefully. I gently wake up the sleeping angel, watching sleepy eyes blink open. I coax him out of bed, and wash up. I go and make pancakes. Taehyung asks for them every day.

I eat with Tae, and then he goes to school. I work. Tae often complains because I dropped out of school to work to pay for his schooling, but I don’t mind not going to school. Well, I mind, but his schooling is more important. As is, my job barely pays for everything.

At least it does a fairly good job of keeping the memories of that day out of my head. That’s one of the memories I wish would fade, but the memory will always be stuck in my head.

Tae still wakes up screaming sometimes.

The afternoons vary. Today we’re watching a movie.

Halfway through the movie, Tae whimpers. I feel a tug in my stomach, and I grit my teeth. I grasp tighter on the connection. Tae pushes his head into my shoulder. “It hurts,” he whimpers. “Yoongi, it hurts.” I gently rub his hand. He rubs his head against my shoulder, as if that would decrease the pain that is pulsing in his head.

The tug only gets stronger, and I hold on tighter. Tae screams, tears spilling onto his cheeks. He pushes his face into my shoulder, and I pull him into my chest. He wraps his soft hands around the hem of my shirt.

“Yoongi, it hurts,” he cries. “It hurts!” I rub his back, murmuring that it’ll pass, it’ll be alright, he’s okay, he’s okay. “Make it stop,” he sobs. “Make it stop, please.” I shake my head.

“I can’t,” I whisper. He cries, and the memory flares up.

⭑ ⭑ ⭒ ⭑ ⭑

Taehyung, my baby brother, is crying. “Yoongi, calm down,” he pleads. “I’m sorry!”

“Really?” I snarl. “You’re sorry for ruining my life?” I scoff. “You’re not sorry at all.” Tae shakes his head, sobbing even more.

“I am sorry” he cries. “Please, Yoongi, calm down!” I growl and lunge for him. He catches me, surprisingly strong despite the lack of muscle on his frame. Or maybe I’m just weak. He pushes me back. “Yoongi, stop,” he begs, a trace of fear in his voice. I lunge for him again, and he cries out as I push him backwards, causing him to trip on a chair that I had knocked over earlier. I look at him, lying on the ground, his cheeks shining with tears.

I grab a glass vase and throw it in his direction. He flinches as it shatters about a foot away from him. I storm out, slamming the door behind me. I hear the door open a few moments later. “Yoongi!” he cries. I ignore him, heading towards the house.

I’m passing a dark alley when I feel a hand reach out and grasp my wrist. “Taehyung, go away,” I growl, turning around. My eyes widen when I see an unfamiliar person towering over me. He smiles, a dangerous, dark smile. I feel my heart sink.

“Look what we have here,” he purrs. I try to tug my wrist back, to no avail. “What’s a little boy like you doing here, wandering the streets at night?” I open my mouth to scream, but he wraps a hand around my neck. I thrash around as he lifts me up effortlessly.

Then I hear a shout. “Stop!” I look over the man’s shoulder, and spot a boy running towards us. Tae. He shoves the man. The man’s hold on my neck loosens, and I fall to the ground. “Run!” Tae screams. I scramble to my feet and run. I don’t look back, but I hear his frightened cries all the same.

I find Tae the next morning, lying abandoned on the edge of the woods. He’s covered in blood. His clothes are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter