Cᴜʀᴛɪs﹐ Mɪᴄʜᴀᴇʟ

( Not Quite a ) Hero

" Michael? Can you hear me? "


 As a kid, people think life is all laughs and fun, but as they grow up, they realize they're wrong. 

Michael was hesitating. Should he actually write things like this? He knew media was just waiting for him to do something, anything they could use to write a new article of oh-so-known Michael Curtis. He wasn't even the type of a person who writes novels. All he could write properly were songs. The song lyrics would just naturally come into his mind randomly, but this... It was different. He always had this on his mind, but was the truth he'd wrote worth reading? Would anyone even care to take a look at it? So many things would run through his mind every time he'd get inspired to write. A novel sounds boring, the diaries are easy to misplace, or worse, to be found but yet, he wanted to write. He felt that urge, as if he wanted to just shout it all out, knowing at least there will be someone, just one person at least, that would listen to him. And that person was no other than...

" Are you sure you aren't hungry right now? " ...Christopher. Christopher Cade. As one of Michael's closest friends, he would be that person who would support him no matter what. Hell, he wasn't one of his closest friends. He was his only friend, only true friend, at least. 

" I'm sure, don't worry, alright? " With his lips forming a small smile as an assurance that he's telling the truth, Michael looked back at the notebook and that one line he wrote. Nothing's wrong with speaking the truth, right? Holding tighter on his pen, he let a soft sigh. 

" What are you writing there, man? " Christopher walked a bit closer to the desk Michael was sitting in front of. 

" Ah, it's nothing. Just some new song lyrics I want to write, but it's not that good, so- " Quickly, the young closed the notebook and pushed it to the side a bit, leaving the pen right on top of it before turning back to his friend, smile appearing on his lips once again. " Let's go get that food, alright? "

" Didn't you say you weren't hungry though? " With a soft chuckle, light-haired boy tilted his head just a tad to the side. 

" I might not be hungry, but I'm not going to let you go have a lunch alone. " Reaching out to flick the other's forehead, Michael let his smile turn into a grin, soft laugh soon leaving his lips. To be exactly true, Christopher wasn't much older than him, it honestly felt like a just a few months difference, but nonetheless, he still saw him as an older brother since he was the oldest in his family and guess you can say it just became a habit of his to feel the urge to act strong and protect everyone he loves, but only Christopher could fill that spot for Michael to feel safe, he was like the older brother he never had to him. Once standing up, Michael just walked toward his bed, taking his trench coat from it before wearing it and pulling the older one with him. " Let's go! "


Author's note: This is just an introduction to the story, I promise the next parts will be longer.