Prologue

Like Cherry Blossoms

04 / 23 / 2017

 

Rain tapped lightly against the windows in sync with my fingertips against the wooden table. It's spring time in Vancouver and that meant endless rainy days. The rain didn't bother me because it has become a part of me, every droplet holds a different memory of mine. 

 

I took a sip of my warm vanilla latte as I traced my fingers along the lettering of the book in front of me. I smiled to myself as I took in every aspect of the book's cover, " Just how I expected it to be," I said quietly.  A pathway of cherry blossoms rising up from the sides, separated by a narrow  gray pavement and right in the middle is a girl with her arms raised up to touch the flowers on the trees. Right above her curly, golden hair Like Cherry Blossoms is written in calligraphy, it's a dark pink making it popout midst of the scattered light pink blossoms. 

 

"Hey...Hey!" 

 

"Hmm, what?" I snap back to reality from the loud voice to my left. 

 

" The doors are about to open," Baekhyun said as he gave me a light punch. Byun Baekhyun, my trusty manager as well as my best friend. 

 

" Sorry bro, I was totally lost in this cover. Beautiful isn't?" I asked, excitedly showing the book to Baekhyun.

 

"Looks just like her." 

 

...

 

I held my phone with one hand and fixed my dark hair  with the other, "I need to get my bangs trimmed," I thought to myself as I pouted at my phone screen. I could hear the sound of wet shoes squeaking against the tiled floors and the chattering of excited fans. I wasn't one bit nervous, I held my head up and put on my biggest smile. I was immediately welcomed by even bigger smiles, and bright eyes. I couldn't help it, I was so happy I got right up and rushed over to the large crowd awaiting me.

 

"Hi guys! I'm so grateful for all of you who came here even in this crazy rain. Maaan, why today of all days do the clouds have to be so angry at us?" I almost cringed at my last sentence. But thankfully everyone else answered back with delightful laugher. 

 

"Alright everyone, please form a line at the table, and Mr. Author please head back to your seat." Baekhyun informed the crowd and myself. There I was, signing books, taking pictures, and giving out hugs. I did it, and I dedicate all this to her, if she hadn't lent her hand to me I won't have be here today, surrounded by loving people who believe in me just like she did. This book is all about her, her fragile fingers as delicate like the petals on cherry blossoms, her skinny legs, reminiscent of the dark branches of the cherry blossoms, and the scent of her hair would let off the same sweet smell as the cherry blossoms. She was just like cherry blossoms. 

 

After everyone had gotten their copies of Like Cherry Blossoms signed, and I had a chance to conversated with all the lovely fans, chairs were set in front of my table. Once everyone was comfortable I took out my guitar, I heard a few squeals which made me blush immensely. "Aside from writing, I can sort of play the guitar and sing," Okay now I was nervous, this is my first time singing in front of anyone but her. I took a deep and started to strum my guitar, the strings were cold against my warm fingers. I closed my eyes and let my deep voice fill the room. I wrote this song a year ago, I opened my eyes for a moment and my vision had gotten blurry from the tears forming in my eyes. But then I gave my head a slight shake and smiled remembering the promise I had made to her...

 

"Promise me you'll never cry ever again."

 

"I promise."

 

"Pinkie promise?"

 

"Pinkie promise."

 

 

 

 

A/N:  Ohhh mysterious mysterious :0 Haha I really hope you guys enjoy this. I hope it's not too sappy!