CHAPTER 1

Two souls, One heartbeat

A new city welcomed Jeonghan as he, together with his father and beloved brother, traveled to the nearby country. His father has some business with a palace official of this country. He was brought along because his father feared his mother would come and get Jeonghan once he left his son alone. It would have been perfect if their father didn't bring along Ren as well.

Unlike Jeonghan, Ren is here to learn the ways of his father's trade, in preparation for when he inherits the family business. But Jeonghan is sure that more than anything else, all Ren could think about is how to torment him, as seemingly because Ren hates it when he gets out of the house, or maybe Ren simply hates his existence.

As soon as he entered the room, Ren was behind him, roughly pulling his hair. "Don't even think of telling father, I'll kill you if you do." Jeonghan just nod. He knows by now that voicing out his answer only further irritates his brother which equates to more bruises so he remained quite when Ren knee him in the gut. Ren is smart; he knows not to leave any visible mark in Jeonghan so their father wouldn't know how badly he treats his younger brother.

 

Honestly, Jeonghan can't understand why would his father need to have him, Ren is more than enough son for their father. Why did his father took responsibility of his bastard son from a e? He could have left Jeonghan in his e mother, sure Jeonghan wouldn't have a bright future there, he would surely follow his mother's footstep, after all, he inherited his mother's look, but that life looks more promising than this life filled with abuse from his 17 years old brother. Ren, from their first meeting, made sure Jeonghan knows-feels, really- how much he hates Jeonghan. And Jeonghan is scared that one of these days, Ren might just stab him to death. So much for a happy life in Jeonghan's opinion.

That day came too soon in Jeonghan's opinion.

 

Soon, as in two days in this trip.

 

Ren realized that he found the right opportunity to get rid of his brother. Here in a foreign country where noone knows them. He dragged Jeonghan out of the house they are currently residing in when his father left for his meeting with some merchants.

 

Seungcheol was busy gathering herbs at the nearby forest when he heard a scream followed by an angry shout. He hides behind the bush because he knows he's not supposed to get involve in other's fight. Then he saw a small figure pass his vision. The victim is a boy the same his age. He's wounded by the arm, his beautiful silk clothes is decorated with an angry red. Then he heard a devious laugh, a laugh that sent chills in his spine.

Seungcheol is a practical boy, he deals with things that could benefit him and avoids things that will only complicate his life. But he can't understand why does want to help this boy so badly, when in his mindset, it will not only lead to complications, it might even endanger his dear life. Seungcheol was torn between helping and just staying in the sidelines that he didn't notice that the assailant already caught up with the boy. The assailant is a young man, probably hadn't reach the coming-of-age yet, he suddenly yank the boy's loose hair and the boy cried out of pain. The young man spoke to the boy in a language Seungcheol wasn't familiar, but he's sure it’s only filled with spite. The boy just violently shakes, seemingly pleading his assailant, probably to spare his life. Because Seungcheol is sure the young man want nothing but to kill the boy, this isn't just bullying he is witnessing, it’s a murder in process

 

The hell with practicality, Seungcheol sprint towards the pair with only one thing in mind.

The look of that helpless boy that felt so familiar with Seungcheol.

Maybe that was how he looks likes whenever he's being hurt by his father.

Maybe his desire to be helped is what pushed Seungcheol to shove the young man away from the boy, grabbing the young boy's soft, slender hand and running deeply towards the forest. Maybe he just found his solace in the boy.

And maybe he can stop being alone in facing the ugliness of this world.

 

 

 

 

A.N.:

And there we have the first chapter. im sorry it took me long to update this story, i was actually discouraged by the format of my prologue(where there are no spaces between paragraphs), that and life ate me alive, sor for those who actually read my story and even subscribed, thank you and once again i apologize.

i published this story because i really think that the jeongcheol tag is way too dry. i mean, come on!! jeongcheol's practically feeding us full course meal, and it should allow the jeongcheol tag here to flood. so i was motivated to write because of the lack of jeongcheolfics in aff. the world deserve more jeongcheol contents

soory if i rant so long, im talkative in person, so maybe that translate in my author's note. i cant promise i will update regularly since i dont have internet connection readily available, but i will update as much as i can. this is my first time writing, so please be gentle with me in the comment box. 

peace out