Ethereal

The Most Beautiful Moment(s) in Life

“What are you looking at?”

“You know, just, everything, generally.”

Jungkook sits down next to Yoongi and looks out over the lake.

“You're right, it is beautiful.”

It really is beautiful; the tall trees at the far end of the lake, the reflection of the stars in the still lake, the bright moon above.

“Do you come here often?”

“I guess. It's a nice place to think, and calm down. My favourite time is coming soon though, wait, just watch.”

He waits with bated breath, Yoongi’s hand resting on his shoulder. A gasp escapes him as finally the moment comes. A myriad of little orbs of light appear over the water, casting a golden glow around them in the dark night.

“What are they?” he whispers.

“I'm not quite sure. Fireflies? Fairies? Lights? Souls?” Yoongi pauses. “Whatever they are, they always come out at this time, every night. And they are breathtaking.”

The soft golden glow casts onto their faces, so when Jungkook turns to look at Yoongi, his dark eyes seen to be filled with stars. Had his eyes always been this pretty? He reaches out to gently turn Yoongi’s head to face him.

“May I…”

They kiss for the first time, under the moon, bathed in the gentle glow of the floating orbs. Yoongi keeps the kiss chaste, but it is no less intimate. The result of years of friendship and secret crushes on both sides, finally culminating in what they've both been longing for. The little lights seem to be extra beautiful, just for their moment, while the moon smiles down from above.