Been Yours All Along

This Heart

CHAPTER ONE- THIS HEART BEEN YOURS ALL ALONG

Momo left the party as she hurriedly go in the hospital after receiving a call from one of Sana's nurses. She arrived on time as she saw the medics lay out the girl's body on a stretcher. She came in without looking as she commanded the nurses to prepare the emergency room for the current patient. She prepares herself and her equipments while listening to Sana's nurse who called her earlier as she narrates what happened to patient.
 

"She's a trainee from JYP Entertainment who's doing her evaluation when she suddenly faint after she performed. I checked on her because it might be only exhaustion or dehydration that caused her faint but to my surprise her heartbeat were abnormally slow and I asked the staff of JYP if she has any heart problems that causes her have difficulty in her breathing but they just shake their heads as they don't know, it's clear that they were surprise because they can't tolerate trainees whose have any health problems in their company. Poor girl." The nurse stopped blabbering when the patient's body came into Momo's sight and she swear she saw this face before but she let those thoughts off from her mind as she started their operation with the nurses.

__________________________________________________
Tomorrow morning, after they had great party, Sana woke up with hands on her Mina's waist. She looked for her phone who is ringing out loud that might wake her fiancee who is sleeping soundlessly beside her, she look the caller before she tap the green icon.
 
"Hello Hirai, what's up? You left early yesterday yet calling me this early. W-Wae?" Sana said before she let out a yawn.
 

"Sorry I didn't say goodbye yesterday because there is an emergency in the hospital. Somi called me because you have a patient, a big patient!" 
 
 
"Big? Why she didn't call me instead?" Sana frowned, "Because she might interrupt your special day with your fiancee, we don't want to disturb you but anyway as I said you have a patient here waiting for you so get your up now here, Dr. Minatozaki." Momo sarcastically said.
 
 
Sana answered lazily as she stood slowly, not wanting Mina to wake up from her movements "Okay, I go there now. So who is my big patient you were talking about then? Is that person is on politics? Oh no, don't tell me it is because I love my life and I need to marry Mina." 
 
 
Momo's laughter boomed from her phone as she answered "You're really funny, Sana and you are damn lucky because she isn't. Also, that patient of yours is really attractive that I bet you will take your words back you said to Mina yesterday when you see this big patient. You'll regret proposing to Mina, I'm telling you."
 
 

"YAHHHH!! I'M NOT LIKE YOU WHO DUMPED YOUR GIRLFRIENDS SEVERAL TIMES WHEN YOU SEE SOMEONE MORE ATTRACTIVE THAN YOUR GIRLFRIENDS. MINA IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL FOR ME EVEN THAT PATIENT IS WELL KNOWN ACTRESS OR GODDESS, I DON'T CARE! MINA IS ALWAYS MY NUMBER ONE!" Sana yelled angrily then another laughter was heard over the phone.
 

"Geez.. You will understand me later once you see this patient. Anyway, just go here and be shock to your patient. Hahahahaha!" 
 

"Yah! Hirai Momo! Stop corrupting my mind from yours, you idiot! I'll get back to you when I see you!" Sana ended the call and glance over Mina who is still sleeping, thankfully.
 

She sighed with relief because Mina didn't hear them because she was sure that if Mina hears it, she will be prohibited from her kisses. She smiled while looking on her soon to be wife, she cannot believe that she was doing this for real that she is marrying the youngest member of her childhood friends. The three of them, Momo, Mina and her were been bestfriends since they were little. When they were kids, they just love to play around on Sana's backyard but now look at them as they grow older, the three were still together.
 
 
"Momo, Mina! Hurry up!" 7 year old- Sana yelled to her two friends running behind her. They were at the tree house where it was located in Sana's backyard, it was their favorite playing spot since then. They climbed up to the tree then they started to play their favorite game  called "house". When they arrived, they did their own role as if they were a family. Sana as mother, Momo as father and Mina as their beloved daughter due to their age.
 
 
Sana came to Momo as she wrapped the neck tie around Momo's neck as she said "We need to get you ready for your work, honey. You need to look beautiful and neat~" Sana left her for a moment while Mina playing her penguin plushie by herself.
 
 
"Here's your files, honey. When are you going back to our lovely house and have dinner with us?" Sana reached a pile of paper and crayons to give it to Momo but Momo slapped her hand that made her dropped the things.
 
 
"I don't want to work! I'm hungry! We must eat right now!" Momo shouted making little Mina scared. "You need to work, Momo! We need money! We can't eat without money! We can't eat if you didn't work." Sana scolded, Momo raised her voice as she complained "We will not have real money if I draw! This is boring, Sana! I just wanna eat!!" Momo get the paper and she brings it to Sana "You work! I don't like to draw! I don't want to be the daddy! Let me do the mommy besides I can eat and cook!"
 
 
"ANIYO! You can't eat, Momo! You can't be the mommy because you can't take care of Mina!" Sana answered back. "I can! Mina will choose me because I eat delicious things! She likes jokbal too!" Momo said before she look at Mina who is silently watching, she looks like she was about to cry.
 
 
Sana already sense it because she known Mina the best as if Mina was her little sister. Momo being oblivious from Mina's emotions, she asked little Mina "So my daughter! We're having arguement with your mother, who do you think you love the most between us?"
 
 
"Momo! You can't let choose her between us! Even me, I can't choose between mom and dad!" Sana whined.
 
 
Momo waited Mina's answer, but before Mina could answer "Mina can choose what she wants, maybe she wanted to be mom too. So, your dad or mom? Sana or me?"
 

Mina looked to her two friends before she answer timidly "I love Sana unnie the most. She's beautiful."
 
 
Sana squealed in joy as she trapped little Mina in her arms while Momo is moping around. "I love you too, Minari~ Don't worry, mommy Sana will shower you with lots of love~" Sana started kissing Mina and little Mina was giggling that made Momo furious.
 
 
"How about me? I don't have kisses from mommy Sana?" 
 
 
"No, go away. I'm mad because you didn't work."
 
 
"But Sana! I'm your hubby~!" Momo whined, Sana could only chuckle how Momo behaves before, she was totally bipolar kid. "No you're not! From now on, you will be just Momo! Mina and I will be the couple! You out because you just want to eat."
 
 
"That's not fair, Sana-chan! I am always your honey~" Momo whined. "No, Momo! You break my heart! I'm going to marry Mina!"
 
 
"You can't do these to me, honey. Don't marry your own child!" Momo fakily cried that both of her and Mina burst out laughing. 
 
 
"I don't care, Momo. We can reset the game and let's begin again. Mina will be my beautiful wife and me as her hubby and you... will be our daughter, our bratty daughter." Sana teased that Momo agreed sooner when they heard Sana's nanny called them for the dinner.
 
"Tomorrow, I'm going to marry you, Mina and we will have new family, I hope a happy family because Momo can't be contented." Sana whispered to Mina's ears that latter's eyes shine for anticipation and nodded.
 
 
For Sana, it was only childish statement that she promised to the younger girl but little did she knew that younger girl will hold on that promise, like Mina mean it when she nods to her Sana unnie.
 
 
Years later, they grew little older when they find out that Mina has crush on someone else. Sana being the hyper one, she excitedly asked about that person but Mina keeps dodging the questions because she doesn't want to be caught that the person she is crushing is none other than her Sana unnie.
 
 
"Tell me, Mina~! We need the background check of that person! We can let you like someone who we don't know. Momo and I will be spy to get that person better, you understand?." Sana warned and Mina could only just nod because she can't win any argument with her two unnies.
 
 
 
Mina is really good at hiding her feelings that it takes almost 5 years before she notice some things that she question herself if she was just assuming things or Mina is just being sweet and clingy only towards her. During their high school days, Mina was really popular when it comes to guys and girls for being the 'kind one' in their school. She was often called 'angel' for some charitable and good deeds she done in their school and everyone who knows her admittedly Mina is really indeed a good person. Beautiful inside and out, as they always said. Many people confessed and confronted her but she politely rejected it as her admirers or everyone knows Mina's answer if they confess, everyone expected her answer.
 
 
 
I'm sorry. I had my eyes on someone else. 
 
 
 
That phrase were really popular because Mina made it or she always answer it whenever someone confesses to her. Everyone is really curious if who's that someone else she's always referring it. Momo and her asked Mina multiple times who the heck who had only her eyes on but they just receive a shrug and an answer of 'it's not necessary to know her, I can handle it'
 
 
Momo and her traced some culprits about 'her', First, they suspected Son Chaeyoung who is a sophomore that looks like a painter artist because she always bring her drawing tools with her and Mina loves art and they notice how Mina often praise this dongsaeng with her beautiful drawings. Maybe Mina fell for her drawing skills. Later on, they found out that the painter was already dating and Mina is being friends with the painter's girlfriend so Chaeyoung is a X.
 
 
Next one in their Mina's possible crush list is none other than the charismatic basket ball player, Yoo Jeongyeon. Jeongyeon was known from her boyish looks and anyone can point her for being the 'boyfriend material' and Jeongyeon was their friend, too so maybe Mina will fall for her because of how Jeongyeon being so protective over her, damn even her admitted that somehow she has a little bit crush to their short haired friend. But again for the second time, Mina decided to help Jeongyeon get her cousin's heart which is Im Nayeon who later on became couple, leaving Mina happiest when they announced it.
 
 
Sana was losing her best possible options who the hell is that person when they were in Seniors. She glanced over to Mina who is looking at her intently with a smile graced on her lips, Sana's heart began to pound loudly against her chest while staring back to her. She asked to herself "Mina.. Is it me? Is it me who your eyes had on for a long time?"
 
 
 
But then she realizes something while staring back to Mina, she notices Mina's lips parted as she let out a soft giggle. She looked behind her. She saw Momo eating like a pig, a cute pig because on how fast she chew her food while looking adorable. Sana could only groan internally and shook her head with disbelief. "It can't be Momo, right? Well, Momo is pretty charming too but she's a type of person who flirts around and I'm not thinking that possibly Mina likes her because she will not get herself a better love life if she likes Momo, this pabo is a playgirl."
 
 
Then one time, Sana decided to confront Momo as she shared her thoughts about Mina and 'her'. 
 
 
"I was thinking that Mina likes you-- I mean it's been a long time she mentioned her crush but still she didn't say any name to us. I am predicting that she might like you, pabo." Sana said while leaning on the lockers while facing to Momo who's munching some sandwich.
 
 
"Do you think so? I guess... yeah, you were right. But how? I don't feel the same way, Sana. I only see her as little Mina that we always protect, little Mina, our daughter~" Momo grinned while remembering their childhood, Sana smiled at that thought that their little Mina has already grown up.
 
 
"I swear if ever she confesses to me, I'm going to cry and I might be loyal, Sana." 
 
 
"Yah! I thought you never feel the same way! You're telling me you're gonna love her, didn't you?"
 
"I don't know, Sana. Seeing her makes me emo sometimes and if ever she did it, I might cry and cry. I can't accept her love." Momo dramatically said. Sana sighed and patted her friend's shoulder. "Yeah, because you are a trash." Sana said that made Momo hit her so bad.
 
 
The two planned to ask Mina and confirm if it is really Momo and really it is not Momo. "She told me her famous answer, 'I'm sorry, Momo unnie. I only had eyes on someone else, and she added I am not the person will make you become better person, someday you will meet them and it is not me. Little Mina was too soft, she rejected me too softly and I cried in front of her." Momo said before she let out a fake sob. Sana widened her eyes as she scolded the blonde hair "Why you cried? Mina might found out that we're just getting some information about 'her' -----"
 
"She knows, Sana. Mina knows that we've observing and looking for that person. I feel like we betray her because we thought it is good idea to confess. Luckily, she didn't like us that way." 
 
Sana felt guilty for making Momo confess to Mina, she felt terrible. If Mina doesn't want to reveal it then she accepts it that Mina might find it uncomfortable and shy by telling it.
 
Sana tried to distance herself to Mina as she felt guilty whenever Mina smiles at her. She hurt the younger girl for keep knowing that person, that she's really desperate to know that person. Little did she knew, her cause of desperation is jealousy, jealousy because how that person makes Mina head over heels for 'her' that whenever she talking about that person without a name, her eyes were shining.
 
"She is like the actress! She's very caring around whose younger than her! Those characteristics makes me fall deeper to her. She is very sweet person, a sweet unnie..."Mina muttered the last part softly, Sana was beside her and she look at Mina with raised eyebrow.
 
 
"Really? So it is an unnie then? So that person might be in the college now? That's why we shouldn't investigate that person because she was not in our school anymore?" Sana covered after as she slip out that words mindlessly.
 
 
"You should stop doing it, Sana unnie. You really can't find that person and I want to let you know that she is still in our school." Mina answered.
 
 
She laughed "Ohhhh~ I must find a girl who is in Senior who always donate or do charitable works, that girl might be your crush." Sana stood and faced Mina with determination "I'm going now! I'll tell this to Momo. Thanks for info, Minari~"
 
After that, Sana decided to join into organization where they go to different places to give some food and joy to the street children or sometimes to the orphanage and Mina was part of it.
 
"Yah! Sana unnie! Are you really this persistent to know that person? I didn't say that she was part of this org!" Mina annoyingly said while looking at Sana.
 
 
"I just wanna know, Mina and besides... I wanna be with you, always.." Sana silently said hoping Mina didn't mind what she just said.
 
"W-What did you say?" Mina stuttered.
 
 
"I said... I just want to help kids with you. I really need to change myself into helping person, I'm lucky that God gave me second chance to live again and have prosperous life with my grandma. I need to help this time, Mina." Sana reasoned out while scratching her nape because she was nervous and she doesn't know why, maybe because her heart is beating abnormally now and starting to realize that she has little feelings for her Minari. 
 
 
"So are you not going to practice later?" Sana asked while walking with Mina.
 
 
Mina shook her head and said "I need to do something important later."
 
 
"Omo, I thought we will have a date. Aigoo.. There is someone who is important than me. I thought I am your favourite unnie." Sana pouted then she removed her hand gloves and slowly she put it on Mina's hands. Mina could only look at her with awe.
 
"S-Sana.."
 
 
"You get cold easily. Don't worry about me, I was fine without it. I cared you, you know that."
 
 
Mina smiled widely, showing her gummy smile as she blurted "Yeah, I know that. This is the reason why my eyes and heart has only on you."
 
 
Sana looked up with surprise expression. She gulped and pointed herself "Your eyes on me? It means that ----"
 
 
"I-I like you a lot, Sana unnie.. really a lot.. since I don't when it starts but I grow up having feelings for you . I know that this might be wrong because I am your little Minari and you see me as dongsaeng but that's the point I can't tell you because it was you, Minatozaki Sana.. the person who is always in mind whenever someone confesses to me, hoping that it was you who will approach me and confess but it never happened. It makes me feel worst when I found out that you pushed Momo to confess if you think it's between you two." Mina lowered her head, feeling her eyes get watery.
 
 
Sana smiled and she place her both hands on Mina's jaw, making the younger girl's face to faced her. 
 
 
"Mina, look at me.." Sana softly said with a smile plastered on her face while looking at Mina's onyx-like eyes.
 
"Why you will be sorry if I feel like I am the happiest person right now because you choose me, that someone as perfect as you, was in love with me." Sana grinned.
 
"I thought that you will never love me because of your first love who ---"
 
"No, Mina. Why you would thought that I still love her when I didn't have a courage to show up or stop stalking her when I really can do it? My heart has been blind for so long, Mina and thanks for making it open that I realized not long ago that my heart was always been yours since then. I was really stupid." Sana chuckled, she took Mina's hands and squeeze it lightly.
 
"I hope you still do, Mina. After what I did many stupid things that make your heart hurt, I hope you could forgive this unnie and promise that I will never ever do stupid things that makes you hurt. So-- Mina.. I was thinking if you could be my ----"
 
 
"Yes! S-Sana! I'd love to! I-I waited this for many years so let me show you how much I really love you!" Mina loudly said while her cheeks is burning with her blushes before she leaned closer and closed the gap between them.
 
 
The kiss is sweet and light.
 
Sana will never probably get tired to taste those lips.
 
 
"I-I love you, Sana!" Mina yelled nervously and she left Sana as she went up to the treehouse. Mina seems to be really nervous and shy. Sana could only smile because she knows those three words means world for her, Mina is a type of person who never blurt it out out of nowwhere to her friends.
 
 
Sana sighed delightfully "I'm 'her' then."
 

Sana smiled like a fool while reminscing those moments, she can't believe that she's going to marry Mina for REAL.
 
 
"Thank you for loving me since then." Sana muttered before she pecks Mina's cheek while she is still sleeping.
 
___________________________________________
Sana was already near at the hospital when Momo called her again, telling her to go immediately because she needs to make a report for that 'big patient'. 
 
 
"You're the one who takes her condition first. Don't pass it to me." Sana whined while taking her car into a turn.
 
 
"You're better doctor than me, Sana. You need to check everything before we decided to make statement about her condition. Her career depends on your words, Sana. You need to get here fast as possible. There's a lot of staff of JYP waiting for the results."
 
 
"Okay, okay. I'm on my way, anyway. See you, pabo." Sana hang up but then suddenly there's a truck appears on her sight, she quickly steer the wheel to her right, she let out a relief sigh when she avoids the truck who counterflow on her lane.
 
 
"God, that is dangerous." Sana muttered to herself before she continue her drive.
 
She stepped out from the car after a 15 minute drive. She walks in, wearing her white coat and she politely greets to the people who is calling her. She makes her way in her very own office because she is the top doctor here in TWICE Hospital who specializes in heart illnesses.
 
 
She turn the door knob and push the door when suddenly there is something pops out and a loud cheer can be hear inside her office.
 
 
"Congratulations, Dr. Minatozaki!!!" Her nurses and colleagues greeted her while they went in line to hug their favorite doctor. She hugged back her juniors happily while receiving surprising gifts. That time, Momo was smiling cheekily and Sana wants to strangle her bff for making her go here quickly.
 
She went near her and muttered under her breathe "Because of you, I need to leave my Mina early, you pabo. You made me panic."
 
Momo laughs, then said "Sorry for that. You must be really tired last night, aren't you?" Momo winked on her and Sana hit her badly.
 
"Ouch! You'll going to marry yet you become sadist! Come on, I show you whose our big patient!" Momo announced while tugging Sana's hand, exiting on her office.
 
 
"Yah! Could you walk slower? I'm going to trip because of you!"
 
"Just shut your mouth for a moment. We will going to see her~ I hope she was already awake." Momo said while sprinting with Sana.
 
Minutes later, Momo halted her steps and look at the room as she pulled out her hand. Momo smile sadly then she bring her records to Sana to show who is the big patient.
 
 
"This big patient I was talking about is from JYP Entertainment, a famous trainee. I already checked on her condition and I found out that she has possibility she needs a heart transplant. S-She caught a viral infection which caused of enlargement of her heart. Her heart was getting weakened and it has difficulty of pumping blood."
 
 
Sana shook her head sadly as she listened to Momo. "So.. she will be kick out from JYP?"
 
"Of course, JYP cannot do anything with her condition, she need to take her health seriously."
 
Sana nods. She open the record and saw the patient's name.
 
 
"M-Momo.."
 
 
"What? I told you she is attractive and you will be shock." Momo chuckled sadly.
 
 
"Momo.. Tell me this is not real. God, why we must see each other like this. Tell me, Momo.. this is part of a prank to test if I really love Mina, right?" Sana laughed shakily while reading the records.
 
 
"Momo! This can't be right! Why she has dilated cardiomyopathy?! She's very a good person that I've known! She doesn't deserve this!" Sana walking back and forth, asking Momo.
 
"See your patient then, Dr. Minatozaki." 
 
Sana holds the door knob and pushed the door slowly, seeing a pale girl lying on the bed. She walk closer to see the patient's face, the records she been holding was forgotten as she dropped it, gasping that Momo was right and not joking.
 
 
"Why it must be you, Chou Tzuyu? My saviour.. You can't die here at the same hospital..." Her tears rolled down on her face and she left the room, her wound was opening again. She can't face her with these kind of situation. 
 
 
Momo who is at the outside of the room came in and look at Tzuyu's face one more time. "You need to be stronger, my friend. Sana can't lost you. You're the one of the reason why she's still here in this world. It is sad that you two will meet up like this." Momo smiled sadly once again before she tucked the blanket properly.

Author's Note:
Hi! I'm back! Long time no update and I know you are waiting what happened to Tzuyu. In the next chapter, you will find out what is Tzuyu's role in Sana's life before, why she was her saviour or in such? This chapter contains the whole love story of 2na so I hope you didn't find this too long and boring for you guys, kekeke~ 
 
I might update this fic quickly because I had a lot of ideas compare to my other fics, the ideas might be gone if I hang it for too long, you know what I mean.
 
So yeah as always, I really appreciate your views, subscribe, votes and especially comments.. It made me know if I make you all satisfy with my chapters. Thank you so much for reading, my lovely readers and see you all to my next update. :)