Finale

Consequences of Neglecting
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Consequences of Neglecting

Seungri’s POV

Kwon Jiyong, my beloved boyfriend for the past two years, was extremely busy. He was about to finish his solo promotions and was in the midst of preparing our group comeback. The rest of the Big Bang was relatively busy too — TOP was wrapping up his movie shots, Deasung was still hidden in his music studio because he was exploring drums anew, and Teayang was gone with Hyorin. 

I, on the other hand, finished everything I had to do. I filmed all the Japanese variety shows ahead of time, completed my part of a Japanese movie right on the deadline, and prepared a few dance choreographies that could potentially benefit Big Bang for the future purporses. I tried to busy myself with martial arts and composing music on my piano, but at once, even that got boring. 

I was lying casually in my bed, pondering what to do. I was the only one in the dorm. For the past a few days, all members were residing in the YG dorms due to their schedules and the fact that it was just convenient to live here. 

Giving up on texting Jiyong about what he was doing — it always took him too long to respond — I decided to go enjoy some time with my friends. Since Big Bang has always protected and treated like their baby, it was hard for junior idols or even acknowledged celebrities to approach me. My hyungs sometimes were a little bit overprotective and rather possessive, but oh well, I finally got the freedom I asked for, right?

Big Bang was all busy except for me so they had no rights to deny any fun for me. It was not like I was slacking of or procrastinating — it was the very opposite! I finished all the job and I deserved some rest. 

Thus, I called my beloved Lee Chearin. “Chae~"

“Hi oppa!” she cheerfully responded through my phone. 

“Are you free today?” I asked.

“Yeah, my schedules got cancelled for the upcoming two days,” she confirmed, which instantly made me smile. 

“Wanna have some fun with me?” I suggested. 

“Only if you protect me from Jiyong-oppa when he gets jealous, which he always does whenever you hang out with someone else than him,” though CL’s voice was primarily casual, it was actually tinted with honest worry — she knew Jiyong way too well. 

Her words were true, my lover was famously possessive of me and because of that, nobody dared to do anything to or with me. Even though I was grateful and flattered by his affection, I was also displeased by how little freedom I had. 

“I will always protect you from that devil!” I reassured her. “Don’t worry, he is in Japan.”

“That’s not that far, you know,” 2ne1 leader groaned and I giggled in response. 

“Far enough for a crazy night. Seriously, Chae, I just wanna meet up because I’m tried of being stuck in a cage,” I begged her and I allowed my desperation to paint my tone. 

She sighed, but nevertheless agreed. “All righty, let’s meet in 15 minutes at the entrance.”

I jumped from happiness and ended the call. Without hesitation, I grabbed one of my finer white shirts and sleek black pants. On top of that, I chose classy shoes and a British jacket. My face was covered in a thin layer of make up, with exception of my eyes, on which I added y eyeliner and shades. As for my hair, I styled it up, letting myself to look older and maturer.

After glancing at myself one last time, I went downstairs to meet my female best friend. She was looking stunning as always — thick brown fun covered her upper body, leather pants highlighted her perfect curves, her high heels made her legs look jaw dropping, and the sunglass added mysterious aura around her. 

“Oppa,” she greeted me and I couldn’t help but to grin at the red lipstick. 

“I like your lips,” I flattered her and she smirked. 

“Taken, but the same goes for you,” she replied and I saw a wink through her glasses. 

“True. I got a car for us,” I pointed towards the black vehicle and the chauffeur who was already waiting with the open doors. 

We swiftly sneaked into the car and within a few minutes, we arrived at a restaurant. It was kinda higher end diners, but I wanted some privacy from the public eye and I knew that this place allowed VIP rooms. 

Once we settled and placed the orders, we looked at the beautiful view of Seoul from the glass wall. The panorama was simultaneously breathtaking and calming — after all, we were watching Korean life from the 30th floor. 

“Oppa, you are not fine, are you?” CL finally broke the silence and I closed my eyes. 

“Yeah,” I admitted, exhaling deeply. 

“What happened? Is it related to Jiyong-oppa?” she worriedly inquired, putting down her sunglasses. 

I hesitated at first, but decided to answer anyway. “I just feel neglected. I mean, I know that it is his job and he has to travel because it is his duty as an idol, but lately… I am lonely,” I spilt the beans and buried my face in my palms. “This sounds selfish and unprofessional, but I wish he was here instead of seeing the fans. At least, when we were touring together, we would stay at the same place.”

“I get you,” she reassured me and grabbed my hands, placing them on top of he own. “I understand Jiyong-oppa too. I also had my own tours that forced me to stay away from my love, but it’s not like it’s the end of the world. I usually treat my girlfriend with utmost care once I come back. Doesn’t Jiyong-oppa do the same?”

“He… used to. Whenever I saw him back, he was so exhausted that I made him rest instead of spoiling me, no matter how much I wish it was the opposite,” I answered, nervously bitting my lip. 

“You really are the best boyfriend for Dragon-oppa, you know? What you do is really admirable. Not many people are capable of putting someone else’s happiness in front of their own,” CL drew circles with her fingers inside my palm, which was quite tranquilizing. “However, I think that sometimes you need to stop being so altruistic. You need to have some time to yourself. Otherwise you will go crazy.”

“That is why I wanted to meet up with you so badly. You always know what to say,” I smiled at her and she reciprocated the gesture.

“What do you want then?” CL encouraged me to say the words she did. 

“Some time to myself,” I repeated her statement. 

“And what do I do when I want some isolation?” she further questioned with a smirk on her face when she noticed I caught up to her train of thoughts. 

“Silence the phone,” I finally grinned, realizing what she was trying to make me do. 

Therefore, we both agreed to turn off any sounds and vibrations from our phones for the duration of our lunch. 

The food turned out to be amazing and it was already getting dark. We spent hours talking and so our lunch lasted solid three hours. I was so glad that our mobiles were upside down, absolutely out of our view, allowing us to have uninterrupted conversations. This was freeing and indeed, chilled me out.

We left the restaurant and decided to go to a club. Even though it was just 6 PM, I wanted to grab a drink. As always, we booked a VIP lounge, far away from the unnecessary eyes of the media. The chamber was located at the second floor with a great view at the dance floor and the bar. Luckily, the glass was darkened so that others couldn’t see us. People downstairs were insanely dancing as if there was no tomorrow, which made me smile. 

I already checked my phone and we both knew what we are going to find there. The netizens already found out about our ‘date’ and some extremists were claiming that we had a secret relationship. We just rolled our eyes and dismissed the rumors, drinking the cocktails. 

To our delight, the owner of the club was thankful for our presence and thus, gave us an expensive bottle of renowned champagne. We downed it in no time. As we were discussing the new restaurant that opened nearby the YG headquarters, my phone buzzed. It was Jiyong. 

“You should pick it up. You were ignoring his messages for a while now,” CL advised and I nodded. 

“Hi, honey,” I greeted my boyfriend and winced at his harsh tone. 

“Where are you? Why weren’t you responding to my calls?” Jiyong growled into the device and I resisted a sigh. “Are you at a club? I can hear the music.”

“Yup, I just wanted to spend some time with Chaerin,” I confirmed and I could sense that he frowned even though I was unable to see him. 

“What about the pictures that are flooding the Internet?” he continued on interrogating. 

“I also ate lunch with her,“ I explained and I saw CL running her hands through her hair, exasperated at how picky was my lover. 

“You should get back home before the paparazzi will catch you in the club. Since there are only two of you, it will seem even more suspicious,” Jiyong ordered. 

“Everyone knows that we are just friends,” I objected and felt a little bit of fear blooming inside me. I rarely showed my disapproval against Dragon, because we were usually on the same page. “Besides, there are only two people who made such claims. They were immediately criticized and laughed at by VIPs and Blackjacks though, so no worries.”

“I still believe that you should head back home. My home preferably,” he specified, his tone still c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter