That Good Good

The LUs (And Why You Should Avoid Them)

If it isn't for the big crest by the door saying 'Xi School of Arts and Businesses', no one will believe this place is a school cafeteria. 

The four of them stand by the entrance in awe, eyes taking in the magnificent sight straight out of a Victorian movie with a dash of the twenty first century. The Kims and Huang are having a hard time processing that they didn't just set foot on a ten star (because five star is so yesterday) restaurant and the people occupying the tables wrapped up with white satin sheets are students just like them. 

They even have waiters and menus! What the hell is this?!

"Don't just stand there, let's go! I'm ing starving!" Baekhyun loudly exclaims and drags Minseok by the arm. 

Joonmyun, Jongdae, and Zitao wakes up from their awestruck state and scrambles to follow the duo. While Baekhyun confidently maneuvers his way through the rows of tables, the rest isn't so agile as they nearly knocked into a waiter who is carrying some drinks on a silver platter. Joonmyun hurriedly apologizes before dragging the other two to where their newfound friend is heading. 

Heeyeon, or Hani as she insist, is already guffawing a bowl of Ramyun when they arrived. 

"And that is why you don't have a boyfriend." Baekhyun comments as he pushes Minseok in between them on the leather couch.

Looking up from her food, the girl says something incoherent with her full mouth and makes the boy scrunch his nose in disgust. "You are seriously going to grow old alone and not even cats would want to accompany you." He says which then earns him a painful punch on the shoulder courtesy of the girl. 

"It's like I've been transported to a million dollar film set. Wow." Zitao manage to gasp out and sits down on the couch opposite to Baekhyuns'. He run his hand to the maroon texture and another set of 'wows' escapes his mouth with how soft and slick it feels underneath his fingertips. 

Just when he thought that nothing could par up with the expensive equipments inside their classrooms (they get to have their own iPad Pro! How sick is that?), XSAB just went and slap this cafeteria straight to his face. 

"You'll get used to it." Is all Baekhyun says as he calls a waiter to their table. 

The waiter comes a few seconds later and gave each one a menu. Joonmyun isn't even that surprised that they serve high-class delicacies. What surprised him on the other hand is the fact that they don't have any prices. "They don't have price—" 

"I want a bowl of cereals and milk." Minseok cut off while he hand the waiter back his menu. "Also, a cup of cappuccino please." He smiles to the boy who writes down his orders.

Joonmyun, Jongdae, and Zitao all look up from their menus and give the eldest a look that is borderline surprised and confused. Noticing this, Minseok raises an eyebrow. 

"What?" He asks. "They're free. It's written on the handbook." 

Closing his mouth, Joonmyun is the first to speak. "Since when did you start reading a handbook?" He question.

Minseok shrugs. "I got no better thing to do with Snow White not around." He says and leans back to the back rest. Beside him, Hani faces Jongdae and questioned who Snow White is. When the boy says it's his cow, the girl wears a weirded expression but didn't say anything. 

"The main question here is why on earth are you only ordering a bowl of cereals and milk?" Baekhyun asks, sceptical with Minseok's choice of lunch. 

"I didn't get to eat my breakfast." is all the boy said as he then proceed on leaning forward and resting his chin on top of the table

Nodding with uncertainty, Baekhyun transfers his attention to his brothers who are now skimming through the list of foods. "Is he always like this?" He finally questions when Joonmyun says his order, a simple Kimchi Ramyun. The boy then shifts his attention to his brother who has his eyes closed as what he thinks his futile attempt of retrieving his disrupted sleep. 

He probably stayed up late worrying about his cow's well-being. Again.

"Most of the time, yeah." He admit. Satisfied with the response, Baekhyun finally tells the waiter he want some steak. ("Well-done, okay? I just don't get those people who eat medium-rare. That's ing raw, you . They just made it sound sophisticated.")

The conversation then continues to more mundane things like why do Joonmyun style his hair like a dad, or do he even know how to style his hair other than that, or if he is even aware that he shouldn't talk so formally 'cause it's going to make people puke. Joonmyun is glad that Xuefue raised him to be a calm and forgiving person or he is sure as hell that Baekhyun will be losing majority of his teeth that moment. 

When Jongdae and Zitao finally lays down their orders—Island Duck with Mulberry Mustard for the former ("because it sound so fancy if must taste good right? I'm weak at this fine dining .") and Yangzhou Fried Rice for the latter.—Baekhyun perks up and takes his iPad out from his Louis Vuitton backpack. 

"So!" He starts. "I did promised to keep you away from the dangerous wolves, didn't I? Now these are what you have to keep in mind. You have to understand that the term 'wolves' is not a metaphor but that's what we, the students, are called here." He continues and taps a picture that seems to a blueprint of the cafeteria. "The easiest way for you to understand that is to start from where we are." Baekhyun says as he places the device in the middle of the table. 

"The cafeteria and the entire school is basically divided by a wolf-like caste system and that means you just can't sit wherever you like. I know, I know, pretty cliche, right? But our lives itself is an unending cliche so don't speak a word." He says and raised a dismissive hand.

"There are four levels of the system here." He started and pointed at the corner of the cafeteria where they were sitting. "The Omegas—which are us and you base from your Networth the registrar disclosed—are those who are not poor but not that rich to be called a Beta. We are basically what you call the normal people on those chick-flicks, those people who are needed to have a decent crowd but don't have any relevance to the entire movie." 

Zitao cringes. "That kind of hurts." 

Snorting, Baekhyun roll his eyes. "Deal with it, boy."

"Being an Omega is actually kind of nice. Our lives are more peaceful and we have less high school drama." Hani beams but it didn't wipe off the scowl on Zitao's face. 

Ignoring Zitao's obvious distate, Baekhyun resumes and point at the rows of tables near the center. "On top of the Omegas are the Betas, these people are what I call the jerks and obviously have more net worth than us." He spits. "The one who did this to me? He's a beta and I wish for him to drop dead. They think that they could do whatever they want because they are richer." He growls and clenches his fist. 

"And majority of them are s." Hani then adds. Baekhyun nods in agreement.

"Money runs this place, the richer you are the more powerful you can be. Which then leads us to the top of the caste-system." He says before pointing at the circular table in the middle of the cafeteria. 

"The Alphas, and there are only four of them." Baekhyun smirks. "They, my friends, have the good good. By good, good, I mean everything money has to offer. Costs never mattered because they're blessed with unlimited fortunes and that makes them at the top of the system." 

"You actually already met one." Hani perks up and points at Jongdae who blinks rapidly in return. 

"Me?" He questions, mimicking her gesture by pointing at himself. 

"Yes." She grins even wider. "Zhang Yixing! He's one of them. He bought you to school, right?" She points out. "But you should not worry about what people thinks, he picks strays all the time." She adds and raises both of her thumbs. (Jongdae isn't sure if he's happy being called a stray.)

Oh boy. 

"T-then, the Alphas are..." Joonmyun stutters and gulps the nervous lump in his throat. He already has a hunch of who these Alphas are and he don't like it a bit. Jongdae and Zitao's words of dying ironically echoes in his head like a forewarning of an incoming disaster.

"The Lus." Baekhyun confirms before looking behind his shoulder. They all follows his line of sight and sure enough, the grandchildren of Lu Ouyang all sit in the same round table. 

Lu Han, Yifan, Yixing, and Sehun all sat like Kings on their throne who are surrounded by their loyal subjects. A boy is whispering something on Sehun's ear while standing like he isn't allowed to sit with them and that if he has something to say, he has to get up from his seat and say it directly to the Lus. Sehun then says something to his cousins which makes them laugh. At least it is only Lu Han because Yifan is scowling at something in his phone and Yixing look like he lost his ability to understand with how much weed he'd smoke. When the eldest of the Lus locks eyes with Minseok on the other hand, the smile is completely wiped off his face and is then replaced by a glare. 

Thinking that the glare is directed to him, Baekhyun squeaks and hurriedly tells everyone to look away. 

"Lu Han might look really ugly when he laughs but trust me, he's ing terrifying when angered." He shudders. "He could kill you and could easily get away with it, so you do not want to go near him." 

"He's right." Hani agrees. "Don't be fooled by his," Leaning forward as if she don't want anyone to hear. "Pretty face, he's really evil." She leans back. "At least that's what I heard. Also, don't call him that. He knocked a classmate's tooth once because he called him... pretty." She ends by whispering the last word.

Almost on cue, the rest of the Kims directs their attention to Minseok who is now chewing on his cereals like nothing ever matters. Their foods arrived a little while ago but no one moved an inch because they are far too engrossed with Baekhyun's lecture. 

No one but Minseok anyway. 

If what Hani says is true, then why were Minseok's teeth still intact?

Maybe Lu Han is just waiting for the right moment to do so? 

Rest in peace, Kim Minseok. 

"To further explain why they're so ing rich, Lu Ouyang, their grandfather, is currently at Top 5 of the list of the Richest Men around the globe." Baekhyun states, not noticing the looks the younger Kims are giving Minseok. "His children as well as their spouses are all included in the Top 30 so yeah, they're so rich that they could probably buy the world if they want to." 

"And whatever their parents owns also belongs to their children. That's the reason why the Lus are at the top of the caste system." Baekhyun says with finality. 

"To sum it up, if you don't want trouble, you should stay away from the Lus. They could easily send you and your family to the slums if you piss them off. They'd break your hearts and eat them for dinner. Not literally of course. They'd toy on you, and they can do all of those because they can and they will." He says as he steals a piece of meat from Zitao's food. "At least that's what the rumors say."

. Joonmyun, Jongdae, and Zitao gulps in unison. The younger isn't even able to process that Baekhyun practically robbed him due to the his growing fear of the Lus. 

"The entire system originated from way, way, back when the school was first founded and as you can see, the tradition lives on." Hani informs. "So long as you know your place,  you'd be safe. Baekhyun here always gets in trouble because he's always picking a fight with the Betas." 

"Those s always starts it, you can not expect me to not fight back when they do things to me!" Baekhyun defends.

Joonmyun makes a mental note to keep all of those information in mind. While it is quite a lot to take in, he needs to remember them for the sake of his and his brothers and cousin's.

Or else he might end up having a mullet like Baekhyun. .

He shuddered at the thought. 

"I have a question though." Jongdae suddenly says. "You said there are four levels, so far you've only said three. What's the last one?" 

"Oh, right." Baekhyun says like he just remembered it. "The last are the Dogs." 

Scoffing, Jongdae raised an eyebrow. "Dogs?" 

"Yeah. They're the scholarship students, those waiters and basically everyone who are here that's not rich." He shrugs, like they didn't need any further explanation than that. 

Man, this entire caste system was frightening. 

 


 

Lu Han is having a crisis. 

And no. 

It isn't the 'which car should I buy?' crisis, Or, 'should I upload this selfie on instagram?' crisis, but more of 'what the is wrong with me?!' crisis. 

He don't understand it. 

He really, really, ing don't understand it. 

He could easily blame something that he ate for the fluttering of his stomach but what he couldn't explain is the constant urge to take a peak of the boy who moved in to his house, or the fact that his heart start to do some incoherent drumming whenever they lock eyes, or just the fact that his anger ing disappeared when he told him he likes pretty people!

Which made Lu Han go to the back garden and pull his hair out from his scalp. And he never do that. Especially not to his hair which he spends a good amount of time to perfect.

He is probably going crazy.

Yes, that's probably it!

Those Kims probably put something in his food that night for him to be like this!

Or he could be being bewitched and Kim Heechul is secretly a witch (he looks like one to be honest) and he told his son to cast a spell on Lu Han. He probably did that so that he could get all his riches! Well, his father's riches but details—what other explanation could there be?! It is impossible to make him feel this way but Kim Minseok is doing just that. 

", , ." He repeats as he crouches on the ground and pulls his hair. 

He is lucky the garden is most of the time deserted or else his reputation as the glorious Alpha would be tarnished. He had never lost his cool before. Certainly, he had never went to the back garden confused and terrified of whatever it was that's happening to him. This is so new and he feels like he's sailing on dangerous ocean. 

Looking up and leaving his hair alone, he exhales a breath. "Calm the down, Lu Han," He says to himself. "Nothing's happening. Jongin and Chanyeol possibly just put something in your food again and you're just thinking too much, you'd be fine tomorrow and—holy , what are you doing here?!" Lu Han practically screams like a girl upon noticing the figure standing a few feet away from him. 

Minseok is munching on a meat bun and looking far too dangerously adorable (if that even makes sense) with his puffy black hair that's nearly covering his eyes. He was holding a map in his hand and merely blinks at Lu Han's question. Chewing a couple of times—, there goes the stupid fluttering of his stomach again—the boy swallows his food and gives Lu Han a look the other couldn't read. They stared off for awhile, no one dares to move with Minseok slowly chewing on his bun and Lu Han looking at him with wide startled eyes. 

But then he did the unexpected.

Just when he thought Minseok is finally going to answer his question, the boy takes a step back and turns around much to his shock.

Wait... 

Is he leaving? 

Oh. 

, he's really leaving. 

Hold up! Did he just got ignore? Did this stupid Kim just ignored 'the' LU HAN?! 

He can't do that! 

He simply can't do that!

Wait, he just did. 

But then again, he did told them not to speak to him when they're in school. 

B-but, he was asking him a question! A-at least he could give him a response, right? That's like a common courtesy and—, he's really ignoring him! Who the is he to pretend he didn't see him?! The nerve of this Kim! 

But t-then again, why is he panicking in the first place? Who cares if Minseok ignores him? Not him for sure!

Definitely not hi—

"Yah!" He exclaims, putting a stop to Minseok's retreat. Lu Han—whose brain is rejoicing because he managed to stop the boy—stands up from his crouching position and faces him. Minseok is still munching on the meat bun and Lu Han's brain nearly short-circuit with how adorable he look with his cheeks puffed out like that. He couldn't even form any coherent words, not when Minseok is looking like a ing hamster! 

"Yes?" The boy then questions and Lu Han panicks further because for some reason, his voice made his tingle. 

Not really. 

But it did made his heart beat even faster. 

Shaking his head from unnecessary thoughts, Lu Han angrily lessens their distance by marching toward the boy. Minseok slightly leans back when Lu Han comes dangerously close. His eyes widens upon noticing how angry the other looks and subtly wonders what he did. Lu Han told them to not speak to them at school and he did just that, so why is he so angry?

"Didn't your parents taught you to respond when somebody asked you a question?" The taller asks and crosses his arms on his chest. His nose is flaming red and Minseok subtly wonders if Lu Han is really going to kill him like how Jongdae and Zitao are insisting.

Blinking, Minseok straightens his posture. "But you told us to not speak to you in school." He defends and Lu Han flushes red in embarrassment because, , he did told them that.

AND WHY WAS HE SO NERVOUS?! 

Glaring in an attempt of masking his embarrassment, he tries to save the little dignity left in him by standing even taller. Of course he still looked like a complete loser because he practically just swallowed his words by talking to Minseok. Not to mention, he is the one who initiated the conversation.

"W-whatever!" He growls. "So why are you here?" Lu Han then grumbles. 

Perking up, Minseok raises the map to his face and smiles and makes the fluttering of Lu Han's stomach turn into a swirl. He is mildly scared that his intestine might be in a knot and that he have to go on a surgery to have it back to its original state. "I was actually looking for the Greenhouse because Baekhyun told me he have a friend there who grows some fresh vegetables." Looking back to the map, the boy frowns. "I guess I got lost. This school's too big."

Is what he said. 

At least, that's what Lu Han think. 

He didn't really heard the words Minseok was saying because his eyes were glued to the boy's mouth.

Lu Han unconsciously swallows his saliva as he watch his pink plump lips move and wonders just how soft they would be against his. Or while it was wrapped around something less innocent... Like his joystic—

Realizing what he had been thinking, Lu Han flushes even redder and gives Minseok a deer-caught-in-headlights look. His mouth opens and closes and as he finally fully processed that he had been thinking of obviously far from innocent things toward the boy, he scream. Minseok is startled by the action and takes a step back. 

Lu Han gives him a horrified expression before eventually, for reasons he don't want to know anymore, he turns fifty shade of red and angrily glares at Minseok. He looks like a deer ready to skewer you with his large horns to be honest. "Why did you even got here if you're looking for the Greenhouse?! The Greenhouse is on the other building! Even a grade schooler can get that right! And why are you talking to me?! I told you not to talk to me or breath the same air as me, didn't I?! Why are you even here?! Go away and leave me alone!" He screams out before stomping angrily away. 

Just when he thought Lu Han is finally done with his outburst, the boy turns around and gives him the middle finger. "And don't talk to me ever again!" He snarls and runs away as fast as he could, leaving Minseok to awkwardly stand there and question what did just happened.

Geez, he just wanted to get to the Greenhouse, Lu Han didn't have to become so angry.  

 


 

Minseok is comfortably sitting on top of his bed that night, waiting for the other line to connect so that he could face time with Mrs. Ahn and Snow White, when he hears a knock on his door. Looking up from his iPad, he wonders who could it be. 

Obviously it isn't either of his brothers or cousin because they usually don't knock and just barge in like they own the place. 

Seeing the he is still not connecting, the boy stand s up from the bed and goes to see the door. Strangely enough, he sees no one when he opens it. Minseok frowns as he roams his eyes in the empty hallway. He focuses his attention to Lu Han's door but it is closed and he doubt the boy would even knock on his door, not after his outburst earlier. 

Shrugging—it is probably just Jongdae and Zitao playing pranks on him—, he is about to return inside when he sees it. 

The boy blinks a couple of times before crouching down and taking the item on the floor in front of his door. It is a box. A black box that has a golden dragon printed on it with a name of a famous Chinese restaurant written in cursive on the middle. Frowning, he opens it and is astound to see its contents. 

Inside it are four freshly cooked meat buns. 

Once again, he roams his eyes around the premises to see who could have left it there. Yet, just how it was earlier, not a living soul is in sight. Which is strange because who could be kind enough to leave him a box of meat bun? Joonmyun could, but why leave it there when he could always come inside and directly hand it to him? 

Taking one of the delicious delicacies, Minseok first gave it a sniff—just to make sure it doesn't smell weird that might indicate its poisoned—and takes a bite. 

The taste that invades his taste bud as he did so is enough to make Minseok swoon and moan. He give the now bitten bun a look of admiration and declares that he now have a new favorite restaurant. It is so delicious that he couldn't find the words to say just how so. He took another bite, and another, and another, until he completely finished off one of the four buns.

Minseok is in the midst of taking another when Yifan emerges from elevator of their floor.

The boys had a mini stare-off and didn't said a thing. Well, it is impossible on Minseok's part seeing that his mouth is full. Yifan transfers his eyes to the thing he's holding and raises an eyebrow at the familiar box from the restaurant they frequent in. Minseok on the other hand misunderstands his gesture. He follows the other boy's eyes and swallows his food. 

"Do you want some?" He offers which surprises Yifan a little. They—well, Lu Han—practically showed them their blatant hate, so Minseok offering him his foods caught him off-guard. 

Not finding any proper response, Yifan awkwardly rubs the back of his neck. "Sure." he says, knowing how delicious those meat buns are. He makes his way to the boy to take some. 

Yet, before his hand could come in contact with the food, Lu Han slams his door open. "YIFAN!" He screams which nearly make the boy knock the box out from his hands. "What the is taking you so long?! Come here and help me with this ing Calculus!" He shrieks, face red as a tomato, and didn't even glanced at Minseok before slamming his door shut.

. Lu Han now officially lost his mind. Yifan thought as he hurriedly made his way to his now deranged cousin's room, closing the door a lot gentler than Lu Han did. 

Minseok is then left to stand there and think that Lu Han really needs to calm down. 

 


 


 

tumblr_inline_nrl5s72iBe1tu8jih_500.gif

Lmao, this is lame.