Chapter 2

Just The Way You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"She said yes!" Baekhyun exclaims. Jumping up and down like a little 5 year old. You stare at him, a small smile forming. Even though you were bitter about it, you were happy for him. With Prom only a week away, you wished you were the one going with Baekhyun, but you already knew it would be a terrible idea. You would've just bored him to death, letting his once a life time opportunity go to waste. You're not the enthusiastic type when it comes to dances or occasions. 

You pinch his cheek, "I'm happy for you." He raises his eyebrow, "Really?" You nod your head. "I hope you have fun Baekhyun." You say truthfully. You knew Bakehyun has been anticipating this day since Freshman year so you wished him for the best. He frowns a bit, "I wish you were going though." You know me Baekhyun. I hate dances." Baekhyun thought for a minute, letting out an "Ahhh," before nodding his head in understanding.

You cringe at the horrible memory. It was spring formal that night. You and a group of other students had organized the event. Everything was going well until you entered the bathroom. Having the women's bathroom out of order, you decided to enter the uni restroom, only to stumble upon a couple in a heated moment. You've never been disgusted and scared in your whole entire life. After that year, you decided to never attened a dance, afraid of what your schoolmates plan on doing. You also decided to quit student council, feeling like it was too much of a commitment.

You shake your head before focusing back to Baekhyun, "Text me how it goes okay?" "Of course! I wanna keep my best friend updated." He says with a smile. 

Best Friend. 

The two words that you should love, but instead hate. Having him call you is just like a slap to your face. You're forever friendzoned and you feel like you're waiting for something that won't happen. 

You clear your throat, "We should probably get to class. We're gonna be late." The two of you head back inside the school building, chatting about Baekhyun's recent exam. Thankfully, he did pass. Just by a percent. You were proud of him though. You knew Baekhyun wasn't the smartest in math, but you were still proud of him. "I'll treat you out after school for passing." You say as you pat his shoulder. He faces you with a look of guilt, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I can-" 

"Baekhyun!" Loud footsteps echoed throughout the hallway. Stopping yours and Bakehyun's footsteps, you find Minyoung running towards the both of you. More like to Baekhyun. You take a side glance at Baekhyun, finding him smiling. "Are you still available today afterschool?" She asks excitedly. Baekhyun diverts his attention towards Minyoung, completely forgetting your presence. "Yeah, of course! Where should I pick you up?" "I'll meet you infront of the campus?" She says as she smiles back. "Sounds good to me." 

You notice the look in Baekhyun's eyes. He's never given you that type of look. It's filled with admiration. You look at Minyoung, widening your eyes a bit, having the same look as Baekhyun's.

Bam. You can't help but feel jealous. Is she interested in him as well?

The two continue to look eachother, only to break off the moment when a schoolmate lightly bumps your shoulder as he walks to class. "Sorry Hana-ssi!" The guy says as he's in a rush to class. You give the Junior a reassuring look, telling him it's okay. You turn your head back to the two, "Lets go Baek. We're gonna be late Baek." You say as you try to gain his attention. 

"I have to go now. I'll see you after school." He says before giving her a kiss on her cheek, causing her whole entire face to turn red.

And yours. The scene too overwhelming. 

What.The.Hell.Was.That.

After a quick 10 seconds, Minyoung quickly heads towards her class, opposite from yours and Baekhyun's, your eyes following her petite figure walk away. You quickly snap your head towards Baekhyun, "Care to explain to me what the hell was that?" He gives you a sheepish smile, rubbing his neck. A habit of his when he's shy. "Well..."

You give him a glare, "Spill before I force it out of you." You threat which eventually scares him. "Promise me you won't be mad?" You nod your head and after he searches your eyes, he nods his head before sighing. "Well...I asked her out for a meal after school?" He says, pink tinting his soft cheeks. You furrow your eyebrows, displeased with what you hear. "So like a date? Are you two dating?" He chuckles, " Not exactly dating. Alongside the promposal, I asked her to a meal. I'm going to try and court her. Great right?" he says with a bright smile. "And you didn't tell me?" He's about to speak up before you cut him off with your hand, "Baekhyun," You sigh, "I thought you told me you wouldn't take this too seriously." You say as you face him, crossing your arms disapprovingly. Hurt is evident in your eyes in which Baekhyun notices, his smile fading away.

"I know. I'm sorry, I was supposed to tell you some other time today as a surprise-" Seriously? A surprise?  You scoff, "Well congratulations. I'm very surprised." You sneer before quickly taking your seat in the back of the class, Baekhyun following you from behind. "Why are you so upset? Shouldn't you be happy for me?" He asks, upset with your reaction.

No, you weren't happy. You were hurt. Disappointed. Betrayed. But you couldn't tell him that.

You sigh before giving him a forced smile. "I am Baek. It was just too sudden for me. I'm sorry." Fake was all you could think of. Hoping he'd buy it, you search his eyes and quietly sigh in relief when he begins to nod his head in understanding, btiing his lip in guilt. "I know and I'm sorry too." He tells you sincerely. "We'll talk about this another time." You say before taking out your notes and pen. Baekhyun gives you an apologetic look before heading towards his seat, located in front of class.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Throughout the whole entire lecture, you couldn't concentrate. You kept zoning in class and what made it worse was all you could see was Baekhyun. Literally. You were shooting daggers towards the back of his head. You don't mean to be childish, but how could you not? You feel hurt to the extreme.

Once the bell rang, signalling the end of today, you quickly grabbed your bag and walked out of class. More like ran. You didn't want to talk to anyone. Especially Baekhyun. You don't blame him though. You blame yourself. You already knew you had no chance with Baekhyun since Day 1, but you were too hopeful to stop yourself for falling any deeper for him. You didn't cry though. Only a flood of emotions filling you up.

Arriving home, you decided to occupy yourself with studies. 3 more weeks of school left and finals along the way, Prom the next week, and finals after that, with graduation on the 3rd, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter