Chapter 1

Just The Way You Are
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you even listening to me?"

"What?" Baekhyun asks, eyes away from you as he starts sneaking a glance to your left. You turn your head, scanning your eyes until you spot the reason to his odd behaviour. You sigh before kicking your leg towards his shin, earning a small yelp from the boy.

"Yah! What was that for?" He lets out a whine before massging the spot you kicked, making you let out a chuckle. "You're not going to pass this upcoming exam if you keep sending heart eyes towards her Baekhyun." He blushes and ducks his head in embarrasment. You shake your head due to his behaviour before sighing. "Do you want me to teach you or not? I can always leave you be and let you fail that test." You huff. The sound of books closing catches Baekhyun's attention causng him to jump up. "Okay okay! I'm sorry if I haven't been paying attention." He gives you a pout, telling you that he's sorry. "I'll take it seriously now. I promise!" You raise your eyebrow, not convinced.

"I'll treat you out to ice cream later and we can continue at my place? Please Hana! I really need to pass this exam!" He's basically begging and with the loud voice of his, he catches the other student's attention. Annoyed, you finally give in. "Fine, only because I want you to graduate." 

He smiles before pinching your cheek, "Aww~ I knew you couldn't resist me." You huff and slap his hand away. "You better keep your words Baekhyun." You say sternly. "You're lucky I'm your best friend. You're sometimes hard to deal with you know that?" 

He chuckles. "You still love me though~" He teases causing you to let out a small smile. Little did he know, those words really impacted you. You really do love Baekhyun. 

"That's what best friends are for right?"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

You and Baekhyun have been the best of friends since the 6th grade. Ever since you comforted him with a free cone of strawberry ice cream, the two of you instantly clicked. That day, he found out the results to his math exam with a big 65% on the right top hand corner. Having sympathy for the boy, you offered to be his tutor. You remember him asking you for how much, confusing you before telling him it's free. He never looked so happy in his life. After the first tutor session, the two of you found out you guys were neighbors by a block away. The next day, you found Baekhyun catching up with you, wanting to walk with you to school. Ever since that day, you two became walking buddies.

Even though it's been 7 years, you're still surprised that your friendship is still strong. You never expected that the two of you would be best of friends. The two of you were the complete opposite.

Baekhyun was an outgoing guy. He wasn't the smartest kid back in middle school, and he still isn't which is why you tutor him twice a week. His looks were average back then, but once high school started, he quickly caught the women's attention. Maybe it was his brown hair? His face? His voice? Overall, puberty had hit him well. He was gaining some popularity during freshman year, making a few guy friends, but never replacing you which you are thankful for.

Meanwhile, you are quite the opposite. One, being a girl with a brain which was a benefit for you. Second, you are shy compared to Baekhyun. While Baekhyun is the type to hang out with his guy friends, you were the type to stay at home and study. And finally, the biggest difference between you and Baekhyun were your appearances. Baekhyun would be considered as a Prince, while you were a fat commoner. You weren't the skinniest girl out there, having thick legs, wide hips, chubby cheeks, and a noticeable belly. You were still seen as pretty by others, just overweight. You were round and big boned. You weren't model material and definitely out of Baekhyun's lea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter