Surprises

Escape

Produce 101 Season 2 has just ended leaving Jonghyun with a heavy heart. Pledis gave them a week worth of vacation to clear their minds out of worries. Jonghyun went back home to Kangwondo. His first day at his hometown was pleasant, he was able to spend time with his family. But when the night comes, thoughts would rush back in. What bothers him the most is if s were doing well. Jonghyun would pick up his phone and type a message on their group chat but would end up deleting it.

The next day, Jonghyun woke up to the sound of knocking on the door. He glanced on the clock and it was only seven in the morning. Jonghyun opened the door to find, Choi Minki grinning at him. “Hyung!” Minki called out and entered the room. The bewildered Jonghyun rubbed his eyes for a few times to make sure he was not dreaming. “What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in Busan?”

“I need your help.” Minki mumbled as he sat down Jonghyun’s bed.

“What is it?” The older asked, looking at their group’s maknae.

Minki pulled two strips of paper from his bag. “Take me here.”

Jonghyun stared at it and his eyes widened in bewilderment. The strips of paper turned out to be plane tickets. “California? Choi Minki what the hell is this?!”

“Please please pleaseeee?”

Jonghyun let out a sigh in defeat. He knew he called never say no to Minki. “Let me pack my things first.” Minki let out an excited squeal and pulled Jonghyun to a tight hug. “Thank you. I’m sure this trip would be a blast.”

Before he knew it, Jonghyun was already on the bus going to Seoul with Minki. “Seriously Minki? Why drag me? Why not Aron hyung? It’s Los Angeles. He’ll know more about the place.”

“That the thing. Aron hyung already knows Los Angeles so well. It’s fun to be with someone you could get lost with. I want to get lost with you.”

“Aish.” Jonghyun mumbled, staring outside the bus window, trying to conceal his smile. He was actually glad Minki chose to go with him.