Pack of Runts

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

The rest of the car ride had been silent, and Somin had dozed off. Yuta glanced at her with a fond smile, resisting the urge to rest his hand on her leg while he drove, just to feel her warmth. He'd have to tell her eventually, but right now there were more important things to take care of. Getting her away from her monstrous family and into safety was one of them.

When they arrived at his pack's house, Yuta gently touched her arm to wake her up. "Somin. Somin, we're here."

Her eyes slowly opened, and then she bolted upright, looking around in a mix of excitement and confusion. "Oh--you can't see the city from here."

A little grin tugged at one corner of Yuta's mouth. "No. We're a little further out. This way we have a small amount of land that has woods, and enough room for us to run. Now come on, I'm sure Taeyong's cooked something, and your stomach's been growling the entire time you were asleep. You should have eaten before eavesdropping."

Somin blinked once, then rolled her eyes. "Uh huh. Who's Taeyong?"

"My pack's alpha," Yuta said as he guided her up towards the door. "He likes cooking, so him making breakfast isn't anything new."

Reaching out, Yuta simply opened the door and nudged at Somin's back. "Go on. I told you--my pack is full of decent human beings."

Somin was still apprehensive, but she walked inside anyway. As soon as she came inside, the cool air conditioning hit her skin, and a wonderful aroma of some sort of meat cooking surrounded her. Already Yuta's pack house was more homey, and more welcoming, than her own, and she felt a pinch of jealousy.

"Oh Yuta, you're back. How did--oh." A male came out from a hallway. He was tall, with a head of silky black hair that fell over his face on either side of his center part. He had big eyes, and plush lips, a toothbrush sticking out of them. But then Somin realized--he was in only a pair of pajama pants, any shirt he might have had gone. She stared at his lean, toned torso for a few seconds before realizing it probably wasn't polite. Instead of getting all flustered, Somin was able to calmly look away. As much as she hated the younger guys in her dad's pack, she'd seen them in various states of undress far too many times for her liking. "Oh," the guy said again, in English. ", my bad." He disappeared into the bathroom again.

"Johnny," Yuta introduced quietly to Somin, pushing her forward more. "Keep going straight, that's the way to the kitchen."

Following his directions, Somin did just that, jumping when she heard Johnny yell out, "Hey guys, Yuta brought the girl back! So put on some clothes and look decent!" Well. That made Somin laugh, before she was in the kitchen, spotting a large table with bowls and plates laid out, food already on them.

"Sit down," said a gentle voice. When Somin looked at the source, she saw a man she couldn't exactly believe was real. Somin was hardly the type to swoon over a guy, and she'd always thought it was cheesy when girls said a guy looked like he came from a comic. But this guy made her take her words back. He was tall, and lean, like Yuta, but his shoulders were a touch more broad. His face was small, with an incredibly strong, square jawline. Pink hair complimented his large, doe eyes, that she imagined might be intimidating if it weren't for the big smile on his lips.

"Hi. I'm Taeyong," he introduced himself, winking at Somin and speaking agian before she could reply. "No need. I already know who you are. Im Somin. I'm alpha of this pack, if Yuta hasn't told you that already."

"Um, no. He told me."

"Excellent. Has he told you what kind of pack we are?" Taeyong challenged next, lifting a brow.

"What do you mean, what kind?" Somin repeated in confusion. Her head tilted to the side as she glanced quickly at Yuta, who shrugged, then back towards Taeyong.

Now he was full on smirking, the innocence gone from his smile. "Well it's not a fair question, I suppose. There's really only one type of pack, right? A werewolf pack. But what I mean to say is...we're not like other packs. Because unlike how most packs run their business, we're not all from one continuous pack. Like, your father's pack, for instance. His father was alpha. He had a group of followers. Everyone had kids. So your dad, and the kids of all your grandad's friends, are in the pack. And now the newest generation is getting ready to take over, though he can't quite pass the line down traditionally."

Somin shifted as she saw the glint in T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter