Yet Again

Biting The Hand That Feeds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

It honestly wasn't that hard for Somin to figure out something was wrong. Not when the wolves suddenly went from only sending one of them to monitor the Im pack, but two, or sometimes three, depending on who was going. She didn't ask, and when Taeyong asked her if she wanted to know, she said no. Taeyong nodded, and assured her he'd answer any question she might have, she just had to ask.

Somin never asked questions, instead missing the presence of the wolves when they were gone. For the next few days, Yuta and Johnny were gone, and it was clear to everyone Somin missed them, especially Yuta. But she was mostly worried.

It was the third day they were gone, and as soon as Somin left her room, she found Mark. She put her head on his back and leaned against him with a sigh, Mark turning his head. He immediately turned around and wrapped his arms around her, her hair. "They'll be okay," he assured her as he brushed his lips over her forehead. "They're smart, and they're strong."

"I know, but Mark...you don't know what my family is like. If they find them, either of them..." Her breath caught, and Mark held her tighter. "It will be my fault," Somin finished, to which Mark shook his head.

"No. You're not in control of what they do. Everyone here knows what they're doing. Even if it weren't for you, we'd still invesitgate them. They're up to something, Somin. You know it, too. That means more than just you could be in danger. The older wolf packs aren't rational. They're cruel, thoughtless. We'll be okay. We know what we're doing."

"You're not even an adult yet," she pointed out with a grumble, hitting his chest.

Mark chuckled, shrugging as he kissed her forehead, holding her back a bit. "I'm mature for my age. Besides, do you think Taeyong hyung would let any of us go if he thought we could be in danger?"

Somin paused, then shook her head. "No..."

"Exactly." Her mate smiled, holding her face in his hands. "Have a little faith, Somin. Trust us."

"Fine," she gave in, putting her head back on his chest, letting him just hold her.

 

♦ - ♥ - ♦

 

It was nearly 2am when Somin woke up in a cold sweat, panting and shivering. She had a nightmare about being locked in the cellar again, just like when she was young, and just like she had been before Yuta came and rescued her. Now she felt like it was too dark in her room, despite the light from a streetlamp casting a soft glow through the window, so the first thing she did was turn on the lamp next to the bed.

After sitting for a while and collecting herself, she realized very tight, and very dry, and that she wanted water. When she got up and went to the kitchen, she was surprised to see Taeyong there, who was also apparently getting a bottle of water. He looked surprised to see her, then worried as he noticed the hair sticking to her forehead from the cold sweat that still remained on her skin.

"Are you alright? Why are you up?" he asked. The alpha gave her some water, his hands lifting to feel her forehead, then cheeks, checking for a fever, frowning a bit when he saw she didn't have one. "Why are you sweating so much?"

"Nightmare," was all she made out, taking a long drink of water. "I'll be fine."

Taeyong nodded once, and followed her back to her room, tucking her in and making sure she was comfortable. But before he could leave, she suddenly grabbed his hand, making Taeyong pause. "What's wrong?"

"I'm worried," she admitted, unable to help herself. The nightmare brought up more memories that only proved how awful her family was, and also how thankful she was Yuta had found her, and gotten her out. She didn't want him, Johnny, or any of the boys, to get hurt by them.

Taeyong sat on the end of her bed, keeping her hand in his. "Do you want me to call Yuta? He might be out though, so I can't guarantee if he'll answer right away."

"No, it's okay. He'll just hurry back if he thinks I need him, and that might cause him to be less careful. I'm sure he'll be fine, I just can't help but be scared."

"I get it." The alpha slowly reached out to slide his fingers through Somin's hair. "What can I do?"

Now the female was pausing, her cheeks warming up as she processed what she really did want. "I don't want to be alone."

"I can wake up Mark if you want, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to--"

Taeyong was cut off as Somin shook her head. "No, I don't want to wake him up. Can you just...stay here? Please? Usually I'd ask Yuta, and I don't want to wake Mark up. Could you please just stay here? At least until I fall asleep?"

"Of course." Taeyong's breath rushed out of him as he looked at the girl on the bed, his heart doing strange, achy flip flops in his chest. "Sleep. I'll stay here."

Nodding once, Somin closed her eyes. She kept Taeyong's hand and even leaned against him, the warmth of the wolf comforting her. In no time at all, she was asleep.

Taeyong watched over her for a while, but with her holding so tightly to his hand, he couldn't bring himself to leave, so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter