Keopi

Keopi

 

 

„He took this week off.“ The blonde girl informed me with her cute accent. She looked apologetic while handing me my coffee. “Here you go. Have a nice day.” She then greeted me, sending me a soft smile. It was as if she knew how I felt right now. I was depressed upon hearing that he was not here.

 

Maybe he took this week off because of me. He was probably sick of seeing me after what has happened on Friday. Perhaps he was trying to ignore me from now on.

 

“No, Wooyoung. Something came up and that’s why he decided to take off a week from work. It has nothing to do with you.” I silently mumbled.

 

However, trying to convince myself wasn’t really helping.

 

I had intended to ask for his number today. Out of all days he had to be absent today, the day I had finally managed to muster up my courage. Great.

 

The binging of the door sounded as I stepped out of the building, my favourite coffee shop on the campus. I often came here. Mostly in the morning or around lunch time, but it wasn’t only the coffee that drew me in. It was one certain barista I always came back to.

 

Hwang Chansung, a genius when it came to coffee. A handsome, polite, sweet and charming man I stumbled upon around six months ago. Ever since then I came back to this particular shop.

 

I was usually not that shy and clumsy, but when it came to that man, I wasn’t able to come up with a proper sentence. Either I talked nonsense or I talked nothing at all. Well, at least it had been like this till last month.

 

One month ago I’ve offered to drive him home. It had poured. He had been waiting for his bus, a bus that wouldn’t come any time soon. Even though I was nervous when I approached him, I knew I had to ask him. If I wouldn’t, I would feel terrible for days.

 

He had looked so happy when I let down the car window and asked him if I could bring him home. And much to my surprise, he took the offer. Since my parent’s house was near the campus, I stayed with them. It turned out that Chansung’s apartment wasn’t that far away from my home.

 

I had been nervous when he sat down next to me, but it turned out to be quite pleasing to talk to him. His presence was really calming and the tone of his voice was very pleasant. After only a few minutes I found myself chatting with him in a casual manner. It was really easy to talk to him, and surprisingly I didn’t act like a fool this time.

 

After those few minutes in my car we talked to each other when I was fetching my coffee or tea. I learned that he was doing this job in order to earn money for his photography equipment and that he was taking courses in order to make a profession out of his hobby.

 

After this one month sharing information, interests and hobbies with each other, I thought we could call each other something like ‘friends’.

 

But after that incident last Friday, I feared that he has decided to flee from me. But to be honest, it really was not my mistake alone. He shouldn’t have sent all those signals.

“Maybe you’ve just imagined it?” I hummed annoyed while walking towards a giant tree in the park. Sometimes, during breaks, I sat there and enjoyed the silence. Well, as silent as it could get on a campus park.

 

Sitting down, sipping on my coffee, I went through the events of that evening.

 

 

 

I’ve been to a club with a few friends who practically dragged me along. I haven’t been in the mood to go out. But after they’ve whined for hours I finally agreed to tag along.

 

Luckily – they had probably noticed my foul mood - we went to my favourite club. I loved this place because it offered a giant dance floor, a lounge room where you could go and talk without having to scream your lungs out and a bar area that was close to the dance floor.

 

To my surprise we bumped into my sister with her friends. And as usual, they wanted me to stay a little with them and have a few drinks.

 

I was just talking to my sister, when I noticed a familiar figure walking towards a table next to ours.

 

When he was close enough, we locked eyes. At first Chansung seemed happy, sending me a smile. But then his smile faltered as he looked towards my right where my sister was standing while leaning onto my shoulder.

 

My brows rose as I realised that he was not pleased seeing me with a woman. My heart skipped a beat at that and I asked myself if he maybe, just a tiny bit, was interested in me.

 

I had no idea what pushed my self-esteem, but I excused myself and walked towards the table where Chansung stood. He was out with a few friends. I casually greeted and introduced myself and offered to pay a round of drinks for them.

 

They seemed thrilled and with a smile I apologized and made my way to the bar in order to get the promised drinks.

 

I wasn’t surprised to feel a warm presence behind me a few seconds after I arrived at the bar.

 

“Huh? Did you come to help me carry the drinks?” I asked; smiling as Chan’s brows furrowed.

 

“Actually I wanted to ask why you decided to pay for my friends. That’s really nice, don’t get me wrong. But you don’t know them…” He stated and I nodded at that.

 

“I know, but I know you and they seem really nice. On top of that, you guys are doing me a favour. My sister’s friends were holding me a captive. As much as I love her, she is really clingy when she is tipsy and her friends are way too flirty with me in that state.” I chuckled as I saw his face relaxing.

 

Maybe he had been really bothered when he had seen me with my sister?

 

“The woman that had been leaning on you was your sister, right?” He asked while he tried to sound as natural as possible. However, he couldn’t hide the curiosity in his voice which on the other hand made my body tingly.

 

“Yeah. I fear if she keeps drinking I’ll be the one to drag her home.” I sent him a crooked smile. “What’s with you? Are those guys your friends or classmates?”

 

“Both. Minjun and Junho have been my friends since childhood. And Taec and Khun have moved to Korea a few years ago. We all went to the same highschool.” He informed me with a small smile.

 

When I was tapped on the shoulder, I realised that my order was ready. I paid and Chan helped me with the drinks.

 

It turned out that that bunch of guys was really weird. But I found myself enjoying their company. From time to time a few classmates of mine came by and asked me if I wanted to dance. Some of them stayed and chatted with the boys. It was all in all a really nice evening.

 

“Are you sure that you don’t want to dance?” Chansung leaned in and whispered into my ear.

 

A shudder ran down my spine as I looked at him questioningly.

 

“Why do you ask?”

 

“Because you keep tapping your foot in the rhythm of the music and it seems as if you would love to move to the dance floor.” He stated, sipping on his drink.

 

“It appears to me that you already know me very well.” I chuckled and slowly nodded. “I have to admit that I would really enjoy a dance or two.”

 

Before I could even say something else, I was grabbed by the wrist and pulled towards the crowded floor.

 

I couldn’t even remember how many songs we danced to, but I could certainly remember the way I felt. We danced rather close to each other thanks to the crowd of people. We laughed a lot and I enjoyed those moments Chansung leaned in, in order to tell me something.

 

I felt my mood sinking when someone tapped me on the shoulder. When I turned, I found my sisters best friend standing behind me.

 

“Sorry, Wooyoungie. I know you are having fun and all, but I would be really grateful if you could help me with your sis for a moment…” She trailed off as her eyes landed on Chansung. She than looked at me and back at Chansung again and her expression became even more apologetic.

 

“Don’t tell me she overdid it?” I asked a little alarmed.

 

“I think we overdid it…” Minah muttered while grabbing my hand and pulling me along.

 

“I told you to look after her.” I said, sighing in defeat as we neared the area with the tables.

 

“I did, but we hadn’t been out in a while and I think the both of us underestimated the amount she drank.” She explained, looking up at me pouting. We than stopped in front of the ladies room and she told me to wait for a second.

 

Leaning against the wall I asked myself why this had to happen now.

 

“Don’t be so upset.” Chan’s deep voice echoed from behind. He then walked passed me and also leaned against the wall, facing me.

 

“I hate it when I have to play the babysitter for her. She is older than me…” I muttered.

 

“I’m sure she was the babysitter for you before, so don’t be too angry with her. You know, we can repeat this any time.” He offered his sweetest smile while stepping closer and soothingly caressing my shoulder.

 

All I wanted to do was lean in and hug this man, this sweet and understanding man.

 

“I would love that. I had so much fun tonight.” I admitted, smiling up at him.

 

My brows rose as I felt his big hands on my cheeks, looking at his lips and then into his eyes. Before I could stop myself, I leaned in and kissed those inviting lips.

 

Oh, I had felt so good pecking those lips. I wanted more. I wanted to cling to him and I wanted him to hold me tight and kiss me like I was the only person for him on this planet.

 

But before I could raise my hands and grab onto him, the door to the ladies room flew open and a struggling Minah stumbled out. “The hell, she is way too heavy for me.”

 

Slowly stepping back from Chansung, I walked past him and towards my sister who was nearly sitting on top of Minah.

 

“Oh, come one, sis. You are way too old to play Koala with you best friend.” I hummed, amused about the sight in front of me. I tried to concentrate onto the problem in front of me and not onto the mountain of manliness behind me.

 

“But I wanna huuug someone…” My sister mumbled, letting go of Minah and stumbling towards me. “Hey liddle bro, you wannna huug you sister?”

 

“I would love to.” I said, trying to hold in my laughter. I then hugged my sister tightly and combed through her hair. “Are you feeling good?” I asked, worried that she might feel sick.

 

“Me is feeling way toooo good.” She admitted and leaned back. She then looked up pleadingly. “I wanna go home, Woodong-ah.”

 

“Okay, then let’s go.” I said and squatted down in front of her. “You can play Koala with me, if you want. I know you are tired.”

 

She smiled at me and leaned forward in order to sling her hands around my neck. I then stood up and grabbed on her feet. She used to love it when I invited her for a piggyback ride.

 

With my sister secure on my back, her head resting on my shoulder, I turned around in order to say bye to Chansung.

 

He was still leaning against the wall, his expression unreadable.

 

“I guess I have to bring this drunkard home.” I started, sending him a shy smile. “I hope we’ll see each other on Monday.” I stated and turned around, leaving before he could answer.

 

I was way too scared to hear his answer. Either he would’ve told me that he was looking forward to see me again, or he would’ve told me to get lost.

 

Then and there I decided that I preferred finding that out on Monday, and not today.

 

 

 

 

At least I had thought that finding out on Monday was the better option. But now, sitting under the tree all alone, I realised that I felt even worse now.

 

He was probably not interested in me and had been disgusted by my behaviour.

 

My mood was getting gloomier by the second. I’ve destroyed everything with that short peck. I felt horrible just thinking about what I’ve lost.

 

“Damn it. Seems as if I fell for him…” I hummed sadly, glancing at my empty bottle of coffee.

 

A sudden coldness in my neck made me shriek in surprise.

 

“Why are you so gloomy un such a sunny and warm day?” A deep voice asked from behind.

 

I could feel my body getting tingly and warm. I was so perplex that I turned around immediately.

 

There he was squatting right behind me, ice-tea in hand and showing me one of his most dazzling smiles.

 

“I heard you’ve been looking for me?” He asked, plopping down and pressing the drink into my hands.

 

“I-I have. But I was told that you were on vacation.” I stated, still surprised that he was sitting slightly behind me. I immediately turned in order to face him.

 

“I am.” He stated with a mischievous smirk.

 

“And why are you here if you don’t have to work?” I asked, furrowing my brows.

 

“Wooyoung, that’s such a dumb question, you know? Of course I’m here in order to see you. You know, I had realised on Friday that you haven’t given me your phone number. And to be honest, I would love to get it. I have the feeling that the two of us will get along really well.” His voice was so bright when he stated that and I was sitting there like an idiot. Looking at him as if he was the only human individual I’ve ever met.

 

“You want my number? Wait, does that mean you want to see me more often? Could it be that you…” I trailed off, biting my lower lip. “…like me?”

 

“So many irrelevant questions today…” He hummed, leaned in and pecked my lips. “What you’ve mumbled before applies to me as well. I fell for you.” He whispered against my lips and in that moment I really was the only person for him in this universe.

 

 

 

 

 

 


A/N:

Sorry for the late post >.<
I still hope you like the story TT

There are probably some grammar mistakes...sorry for that ^^