Nightmare

Haphephobia

That night, Mrs.Ha Neun and her husband are not at home.Hakyeon sits in the living room while doing his homework.Finally, he could have a time which he can relax while doing his homework.He wants to achieve a good result for his upcoming exam so he can find a job and run away from that hell as soon as possible.

All of a sudden, he heard crashing sounds.He feels scared but he braves himself to take a look at what is happening on the outside there.Then, he sees his uncle, Mr.Hyeok Jae is throwing all of the things in the drawer and maybe searching for something. He wants to get into his room as quick as he can but then, he stops his movement as he heard someone was calling his name.He froze himself at there and lowering his head but when he lifts up his head, he sees Mr.Hyeok Jae has already in front of him while smiling evilly.

"Woah, you've been spying on me just now.Amazing, Cha Hakyeon, I'm curious who is the person that taught you to do that.I did not so, should I give you what you deserve?You are very lucky that I’m so angry right now since I have lost three times in the gambling until I don’t have money to pay the taxi."Mr.Hyeok Jae says and takes the belt that hung at the door.

Hakyeon is about to run as he knows what will happen but he did not make it when his uncle grabs his hair harshly.His uncle kicks him until he falls down then he hits Hakyeon with the belt without stopping. Every time he hits Hakyeon, he says Hakyeon is the cause of his unluckiness.Hakyeon defends himself with his hands and legs.His back hurt so much since yesterday he got hurt from Mrs.Ha Neun.He feels dead inside and outside because the torturedness has become worse than before and his body could not stand it.After 5 minutes, his uncle stops for awhile.That time, Hakyeon lets out a relieved sigh but his uncle heard the sigh.

“Did you just sigh?Do you think this is the end?Hahahaha, not yet Cha Hak Yeon.Not until I feel better.” Mr.Hyeok Jae says and he hits Hakyeon’s head.He hits it again.Again.Again until Hakyeon’s head fell onto the floor which makes him groan in pain.

He still continues hitting Hakyeon without giving the latter to rest for awhile.He kicks him in the stomach, he slaps his face, he hits Hakyeon’s face on the floor until the blood flowing down from his head.When Mr.Hyeok Jae sees the blood, he stops.

“Well, I do not want you to die early because I love you just like my son and it won’t be any fun if you’re gone.Hahahaha.Goodnight.”Mr.Hyeok Jae goes out as he finishing talking.

Hakyeon could not move his body.It's too painful for him to move even a bit.He has never been hurt this bad.He cries silently.He tries to stand but when he did that, his hands shaking badly and not strong enough to support his body to stand but he still forces himself to get up.

'You can do it, Hakyeon.'He whispers into his heart while trying to stand but his hands sprained which make him falls.

‘Stand up, Cha Hakyeon.’He whispers into his heart again and trying to get up but still fail.

‘Come on, please.Stand up.Stand up.Fight it, Hakyeon-ah.’He bites his lips to hold back the pain while getting up, he cries inside his heart, his tears fall onto the floor, and finally, he manages to stand.

He puts his right hand on the wall to support his body while his left hand is holding the stomach which is in pain that caused of the kick from his uncle.As he getting closer to his bedroom and he falls down abruptly because of his weak legs.

“Aish!Why now you want to fall?”Hakyeon scolding himself for being weak.

He tries to stand up again but this time the pain is more painful than before.He had no choice but to crawl with his wounded hands. He crawls until he arrives at the front of the door.He tries to reach the door knob but his hands slip away from the knob.He tries his best to reach the knob and he did it! He crawls into the room and locks the door.He leans his back at the door and gasping for air. He can still feel the blood flowing down to his cheek but he did not want to care about it.All he knows, he wants to fall sleep as soon as possible to forget everything that just happens.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

 In Hakyeon’s dream or should I say Hakyeon’s nightmare?

He heard a sound of crashing glasses.He heard a voice of someone that asking for help.He heard a sound of someone that sharpening the knife.He opens his eyes and he can’t see anything except for black and dark surrounding.

‘Where am I?’

‘What is this place’

‘Someone please help me.’

He walks to everywhere but he could not see anything and he feels that place was endless.But still, he is not a person who knows to give up easily just like how he wants to stand.No matter how hurt the pain was, he still wants to get up and fights the pain away. He walks slowly while looking at the left, right, behind, and front. Suddenly, he feels that there was a hand touched him on the shoulder.He turns back to see who is it but he sees nothing.Then, he heard a sound of running steps.

“W-who is t-that?Do not p-play around with me.”Hakyeon says loudly and trying to investigate of what happens.

“No one loves you, Hakyeon.No one.”

“Who is that?”Hakyeon turns back to find the owner of the voice and he sees a mirror of himself.

“I am you, Hakyeon.Another side of you.” the mirror pretending to be Hakyeon.

“What are you talking about?This is all nonsense!Why you bring me to this place?Get me out from here, now!”Hakyeon scolds the mirror.

“You are the one who comes here and no one invites you to come here.I got no power to bring you back to your real world.” the mirror says again.

“What do you mean?What is this place?Who are you?Why your face is like me?”Hakyeon holds his head as he feels hurt inside of his head.

“This place is your nightmare.I am your dark side.The side of feeling sad, depressed, angry.” the mirror explains and the body comes out from the mirror.Hakyeon takes a step behind.

“Do not come closer,”Hakyeon warns the dark Hakyeon to stay away.

"Why shouldn't I? This is my world, Hakyeon. I'm the master of this nightmare, I'm the one who controls this nightmare, and now, how about I show you the real nightmare of yours?" the dark Hakyeon smirks and turns into hands then wraps up Hakyeon's body.

“Please, release me!Get me out from here!Please, someone, help me!”Hakyeon shouts for help and tries to escape himself from the hands that wrap around him but then he sees a group of knives are about to attacks him.

“Knife?What are you going to do?Help me!”Hakyeon shouts again.

“No one will help you, Hakyeon.You are just dreaming.No one will help you.Hahahaha.The knives that you saw are the hands of those people that hurt you.Enjoy your nightmare, Hakyeon.Hahahaha.” “NO!!!!”

………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

“NO!!!”Hakyeon wakes up and his body was covered with the sweats.

‘It just a nightmare only.’Hakyeon lets out a relieved sigh.

‘Mother, can you please stay with me for one more time?’Hakyeon whispers inside his heart, hoping that his prayers will be granted.