Problems with Yoo Youngjae

That's My Jam
Please log in to read the full chapter

„And you ran away?” asks Ilhoon.

“Yep, that’s exactly what I did.” Nods Daehyun.

They’ve been sitting in his apartment for hours until Daehyun finally managed to open himself up about the incident in his studio.

“You declared them that they are going on some island with you ON LIVE. And then you ran away hyung?” asks Ilhoon again.

“Oh my… I’ve told you already- yes that’s exactly what I did.” Groans Daehyun and stares into the night panorama of Seoul. The city is bumbling with colours and lights even in the night. The windows are closed but Daehyun can almost hear the voices from the outside. Drunk men shouting at the cabs. Cabs beeping on the drunk men. Someone’s dog barking on both cabs and men. And all of that seasoned with the music from night-clubs. The is Seoul.

Daehyun sighs. Holiday would be nice. And it will be even nicer if he gets to be paid for it. Few hours with camera a day are nothing compared to more hours of soundless lying on the sand.

“Maybe it won’t be so bad hyung.” Says Ilhoon drinking his glass of champagne. They aren’t celebrating anything, it’s just their habit that if they meet outside the lights of the stage they drink champagne. It’s not about getting wasted, it’s about having a decent conversation without the cameras and enjoying good company. That’s why they don’t invite another people.

“Of course it won’t be. After all it’s my first holiday for” Daehyun quickly makes some calculations in his mind “for three years or so…”

“Have fun, you really deserve vacations hyung. I really hope you’ll find some time to chill a little bit.” Ilhoon patted Daehyun’s shoulder and took another slip of champagne.

 

 

He was late.

Of course he was late.

He told his manager that he didn’t need a morning alarm and here he is- in giant traffic jam while his plane is setting off in…

*Daehyun takes a look at his watch*

… yeah less than an hour.

Great. That’s just fantastic.

Daehyun hides his face in his hands.

“I was the one who put these guys into this idea and now I’m the one who’s late. You really are a professional man, Jung Daehyun.”

He scrolls through social media. All gossip websites posts photos from the airport.

“SUPER-IDOL GROUP B.A.P LEFT ALONE AT THE AIRPORT BY FAMOUS TV SHOWMAN JUNG DAEHYUN” reads Daehyun a headline in high-pitched voice “Damn they aren’t alone there’s staff with them.”

He keeps scrolling.

“YOO YOUNGJAE’S ABOUT TO CALL IS RUMORED GIRLFRIEND?” says another headline. Daehyun frowns. Yoo Youngjae has been rumoured to have a mysterious girlfriend since his debut. His way of being around of other idol-girls was really weird as if they all had some rare illness and he didn’t want to catch it too. Daehyun clicks the article to see blurred photos Youngjae staring at his phone.

“I wonder if he really has someone…” asks himself Daehyun and turns off the phone. Finally the cars in front of him move on and Daehyun pushes the pedal.

Just when he starts seeing first planes his phone rings.

Unknown number.

Hesitantly Daehyun  picks up.

“Where the hell are you, you ing ????” the voice seems familiar but Daehyun can’t tell exactly who this is and he senses in the man’s voice that he’s not happy.

“I-I’m on my way, I should be at the airport soon…” he says first thing that comes to his mind.

“Good.” He hears back and the voice hangs up.

Daehyun frowns again and speeds up.

 

 

Daehyun runs into the departure lounge just on time. He immediately gets surrounded by a group of reporters asking him if he had second thoughts about the program and if he doesn’t worry about conflicts with B.A.P. He waves his hand in manager Song’s direction. Man quickly escorts him to the private room he rented for the group.

The room is quite spacious with several sofas, mostly occupied with members of the staff. In one corner Daehyun noticed 5 gloomy persons. He does his best to form his lips into a smile and approached B.A.P.

“Ah, you won’t believe that. I overslept! Sorry about that, I’ve never overslept in my life.” He giggles awkwardly.

Yongguk shrugs and puts his headphones on. He’s clearly angry but tries not to show that and Daehyun mentally thanks him for that. Himchan sitting next to him makes a sound between distrust and boredom and goes back to drinking him coffee. Jongup looks away to Junhong who surprisingly sends Daehyun and warm but a little bit shy smile.

“Could be worse I guess…” assures himself Daehyun and sits at the corner of the sofa.

“Wait where’s-“

“You are sitting on my place.” Daehyun hears from above. Every word needling into his mind like little nasty woodworm.

Yoo Youngjae is mad. No wait, he looks furious. His face is red and his orange hair look like a fire just  as his eyes which right now try to perforate Daehyun’s body.

“Sorry.” Mumbles Daehyun and gets up but before Youngjae can fall on the sofa, he grabs his wrist.

“You called me earlier, didn’t you?” Daehyun leans and whispers to Youngjae’s ear.

The orange haired member smells like expensive cologne mixed with fresh berries- a little bit odd but interesting combination, just as if his body wasn’t sure if it’s cute and natural or wants to radiate with masculinity.

Youngjae slaps hand which holds him.

“I ing did. Someone had to.” He hisses, sits on the couch and turns his head away.

He doesn’t get much time to calm down as the airport staff comes to inform that it’s high time for them to get on the board of the plane.

 

 

The plane isn’t big but for sure-luxurious. They weren’t supposed the only passengers but their part’s separated from the other so basically they have half of the plane for themselves. That’s what the manager told Daehyun. Till the very end he was sure that his “guardian” would be going with them but before passing through the g

Please log in to read the full chapter