Daehyun's Show

That's My Jam
Please log in to read the full chapter

„I don’t know… That hair doesn’t convince me” says Daehyun, watching himself in the mirror as the stylist tried to put his fluffy, pastel wisps in order. She’s in her middle age and he reminds Daehyun a little bit of his mother.

“Don’t worry seet-heart, with this face you would look great with anything. And your hair is beautiful.” She sends him a warm smile.

Daehyun sighs.

He really wants to look good tonight.

Recently he’s show hasn’t been doing very well. I mean- Jung Daehyun’s still popular. But oddly people are more likely to see him in other celebrity programs than in his own program.

In Daehyun’s Show all he does with his guests is a talk. He doesn’t normally follow any schedule. He just talks with the guest and hopefully the talk will flow. But last two or three times… they were a complete disaster. The guests were rude and didn’t want to work with Daehyun and he himself… let’s just say that he hasn’t been at his bests recently. Maybe it’s the weight of fame or something like that but he has been feeling a little bit empty.

But not today.

Today the guests are no one other than B.A.P.

A music phenomenon on the world scale. And one of Daehyun’s favourite bands.

And of course they are late.

Which means that they’re first meeting with Daehyun will be on air.

Suddenly the radio nearby starts playing Worrior.

Daehyun starts humming the melody.

“Honey, if you only wanted you could be idol yourself. Your voice is so beautiful.” He hears from his stylist.

Daehyun chuckles is answer.

“What a ridiculous idea. I’m good where I am.” He cuts shorty and hums along the Youngjae’s part. He has always been loving that guy’s voice.

It’s been quite a long time since last B.A.P’s comeback and their public appearance.  Not that Daehyun’s mad about that. No, he himself perfectly understands that sometimes you just need a little bit of a break from the stage lights.

He looks at the clock standing nearby. He doesn’t have much time left till the show will air.

“I’m done here.” Says his stylist and discreetly walks away.

Daehyun looks at himself in the mirror once again.

His hair are dyed on pastel colour. He has a subtle make-up on his face, just like he likes. His eyes are hiding behind the round glasses. That gives him a little bit of a nerdy look. He smirks. Now he looks better.

He gets up and checks if his shirt hasn’t ruffled.

No, it looks fine.

“I’m ready. Let’s go.”

 

 

Daehyun sits on his chair and takes one last look on the “notes” he has prepared for today. Sometimes they are really important, of course he has to know how to lead the conversation and which questions to avoid. This time he only wrote them to relieve some stress.  That’s also the reason he’s watching through them right now. After all he knows a lot about B.A.P.

Their discography, bloodlines, basic background stories of each member.

Daehyun can’t hide his excitement. He will be able to talk with B.A.P. And he will get money for that.

Of course he’s not some stupid fangirl. He’s still respected host of a TV show, grown-up, serious man but still… something tickled his when he thinks about meeting the members.

Bang Yongguk- leader, known for his deep, low voice; may seem harsh at first but he has beautiful smile and is active supporter for charity

Kim Himchan- visual with beautiful warm voice; very caring about his band-members

Moon Jongup- vocal, he can sing, dance and rap; a little bit shy at first, polite but can be savage

Choi Junhong- rapper and maknae; very tall and dorky; an actual kid trapped in big body, loves his hyungs very much

And finally

Yoo Youngjae-… amazing man with beautiful voice and an actual angel served with chilli

Jung Daehyun knows it all. He closes his eyes just for a little bit and before h

Please log in to read the full chapter