Chapter 2: History Class Rock

For A Yami's Love

The bell rang, unruly children filing into their second period of the day. Only four more left, four long periods left. Bakura cursed as he sat down at his desk in the back of the room, within a dark corner. The school hated him, no, Ra hated him. It was the only reason he could come up with, so early in the morning when his brain was still sleeping. Yes, it was the only reason why the Ra forsaken, stupid, ed up school system put his hardest classes as the first four periods. The classes he really needed to pass, or risk flunking high school and be degraded by that stupid Pharaoh, who, with the help of his light, would pass and go to college and blah, blah, blah.

 

It's not really Bakura’s fault he didn't study, or do his work, or actually stay awake during his classes. Malik and Marik were flunking, they were proud, they didn't care, because they already had jobs they would most likely keep for the rest of their lives, well Malik’s life at least. Bakura had to admit, bartending was a great job, and the tips those got; on more than one occasion, Bakura tried to steal the money, didn't work well. Yami was going to be with his light, going to school, then moving back to Egypt to work on archeological digs. His goal was to find more on his past, the midgets goal was to up to the Pharaoh-brat. Ryou, well Bakura wasn't sure what his light wanted. At least not anymore.

 

He remember back when Ryou was young, before they moved to Domino, how his little light would go on and on about how he wanted to be just like his dad and go to Egypt, to make so much money, so he could support himself and Bakura. That was a far off dream. After the whole memory thing, coming back from the shadow realm with Marik, Yami coming back from the past, things had been different. Ryou wasn't open with him like he used to be.

 

Bakura sighed as he laid his head onto his folded arms, crimson eyes closing. It was all so different.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*Flashback/Dream~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

A heavy oak door opened and then slammed closed. A small, young boy with short silver hair ran into the deserted living room, down a long narrow hallway. Taking a sharp left, the young boy ran into a den. Innocent, wide, chocolate brown eyes gazed around the room before falling. Nothing. An empty room. Nothing but a desk and two bookshelves. He sighed softly as he slowly turned and left the room. Walking back down the hallway, the small child took a right and started walking up the long staircase, reaching the top and heading down another hallway, this time taking a right as he entered a small room.

 

With just a bed, a dresser, a desk and a toy chest, the child called the room his home. It was his home, now and always. His dad was gone again without saying goodbye, the house itself seeming so big and empty, so he preferred to stay in his room, never leaving unless to use the bathroom or to eat and leave to go to school. With a heavy sigh, the child hoisted himself up upon his small full size bed, falling onto his back, staring up at the baby-blue roof.

 

/What's the matter hikari?/

 

His chest began to glow, and next to him appeared a ghost of a figure, tall, pale, lean, built., long whitish-silver hair, crimson eyes. The boy blinked and sat up, looking over that figure that only he could see. The figure was his yami, his protector, his only friend.

 

“Daddy left again.”

 

/And?/

 

“He didn”t say goodbye this time. I wish he didn't have to leave all the time.”

 

/But, I thought you liked his job./ The boy blinked for a moment before nodding.

 

“I do! It’s so cool! All the kids at school think he’s so cool! But, they all have dads who stay with them forever. I don’t.”
 

/But your father brings you artifacts from Egypt./

 

“They're worthless. I don't have use for them.”

 

/He brought me home to you./

 

“But that doesn't include you! I’m glad daddy gave me you!” the child said happily as he reached out, arms encircling the figure, yet, falling through. There was soft chuckling.

 

/Silly Ryou, you can't touch me, remember?/

 

Ryou sat back up and pouted and crossed his arms.

 

“I wish I could! Then, when I have nightmares, you can hold me, like daddy does when he's home.”

 

/I would need a body then. But Ryou, you know there’s only one way for me to obtain my body, and I would never put you through such a painful spell./

 

With a sigh, Ryou nodded, knowing it was the truth. Whether it be because he was too young, or some other matter, his yami would not cast the spell that would grant him his own body.

 

“That’s okay. I’ll pray to Ra, and Isis, and every other Egyptian gods, and other religions that one day you’ll be able to get your own body and then we can play together!”

 

/And what would we play?/

 

“We’d play thieves! I’d be the Pharaoh and you would be the thief!”

 

/Ah, a part I know well./

 

“Of course, that’s why you get the part silly!” Giggling erupted from the child, and Bakura could help the small smile that graced his lips.

 

/So silly Ryou. So tell me, how was your day at school?/

 

Ryou's eyes lit up as he began to tell Bakura about his first day in third grade.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*End~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Bakura sighed at the memory. It was one of the happy days, before Ryou grew up, before he became power hungry for the Millennium Items, power hungry to take over the world, to try and kill the Pharaoh and the group, nearly killing his precious light in the process.

 

For the life, err, death of him, Bakura couldn't figure out why Ryou continued to forgive him, to make excuses for him, to stick up for him. After everything Bakura did and still, when they, the yamis came back, he went to Yugi and Yami and pleaded with the Pharaoh to include Bakura in the spell he was going to cast to grant himself a body. How Marik managed to get one, who knows, Malik most likely blackmailed the Pharaoh into it.

 

Bakura remember that day, the very first time he got to hold Ryou in his arms, after so many years of just dreaming and hopeless attempts.

 

~*~*~*~*Flashback/Dream~*~*~*~*~*~*

 

Yugi collapsed onto the floor, panting hard, as did two other boys. Malik was the first to recover, slowly moving to sit on his knees, panting hard. Hazy lavender eyes looked over at his fellow hikari’s. Yugi laid on his back panting, staring at the ceiling, while Ryou was hunched over on his knees, hands braced on the floor, the only thing holding him up, and they were beginning to shake, ready to give out. He gazed around the room and sighed.

 

“I-I don't think it worked.” he rasped out. A moment of nothing before slowly Yugi lifted his body up into a sitting position. It felt as if there was a giant, two-ton elephant on his chest. Violet eyes scanned the room, before agreeing with the Egyptian. Ryou was the last to lift his head and look around.

 

“B-but it had to have worked! I felt like I was being split in two! So much pain for nothing?!” Ryou protested. With much effort, he pushed himself up, forcing himself to stand on wobbly legs. That idea, of course, wasn't a smart one. With knees buckling, his legs gave out and he fell. He waited for the inevitable pain, but it never came. Opening chocolate eyes he never knew he closed, he blinked once, twice, before looking back behind him. Chocolate met crimson, and for the first time, the figure he had known all his life was in color. No more transparent, full color!

 

In the arms wrapped around his waist, holding him up, Ryou tentatively reached out a pale hand and traced it over pale pink lips. With a smile he slid his hand over the other’s cheek, down his neck and chest. His eyes wandered over the body before blushing, taking notice for the first time that the body was . Reverting his eyes back up to the other’s he spoke out softly.

 

“It-it really worked. You're real, you’re here, you're solid.”

 

“And as the day I was born, and stunningly y too.”

 

Ryou blushed harder and he sputtered out, “Bakura!” The yami chuckled , his arms tightening around the slender waist of his light and held him close. Ryou tensed slightly for a moment, the feeling so foreign to him, before he relaxed, his arms coming up to wrap around Bakura's body. To be in his dark’s arms, it felt nice, no, it felt wonderful and so right. To finally be able to touch the person he had grown so fond of, it was heaven and Ryou had no problem if the Gods decided to take his life then and there, at least he would go happy. Of course he was glad that they didn't and it wasn't all a dream. Though he did have a huge scare the next morning when he woke to a Bakura sleeping, snuggled up against him, with a raging hard-on. Having a body did have it’s disadvantages, the yami had found out, after nearly giving his little light a heart attack.

 

~*~*~*~*~*End~*~*~*~*~

 

Bakura chuckled. That was his all time favorite memory of Ryou. Sighing, Bakura sat up and looked around the room. All the students were in there, late or early, he didn't care, and of course the teacher was late, like always. A groan from next to him caught his attention and he turned to face the only person who would dare sit next to his evilness.

 

“Marik, stop mentally your hikari.” he stated. It was a well known fact between the group, that one, Malik and Marik were together, and two, they had a tendency to via mind link. A grunt was his response as a pair of lavender eyes opened and glared at him.

 

“Shut the up. Why the hell are we even here? The teacher’s always late. I could be in the janitor’s closet, screwing my light right now.”

 

“No one’s stopping you. I’m sure you precious light would loved to be boned by you at this very minute.” Bakura said sarcastically as he laid his head down once more, eyes closing.

 

“Ohhh, someone needs to be laid. What's the matter ‘Kura? Ryou not putting out?” Marik joked, a smirk playing on his lips. Bakura growled and snapped his head up, glaring at the other yami.

 

“I, unlike you, don’t bone my light.”

 

“But he's a hot piece of .” There was warning growl from Bakura.

 

“Talk about my light like that again and I’ll rip out your intestines and feed them to you.”

 

“Okay, okay. , touchy.” Marik said, backing down. As much fun as it would be to fight with Bakura, as it normally was, when the albino’s light was involved with it, he was dangerous, and friend or foe, he would kill you without hesitation. After a moment of silence, Marik tested the water.

 

“You should tell him your feelings.”

 

“Shut the up!”

 

“Okay.” And with that said, the two settled into a tense silence that was broken only by the teacher walking into the room.

 

“I’m sorry class that I'm late.” he said.

 

“About damn time! Who were you ing this time?” Marik called out, smirking as he leaned back in his desk. The teacher sent a half hearted glare.

 

“Mr. Ishtar, I will not take that kind of talk from you or anyone.” he said. Marik just rolled his eyes. The class waited and after ten minutes, the teacher was finally settled and ready to teach.

 

“Alright. Class, today, we are going to discuss how the media played an important part in the 1930s through the 1940s. Now at the time, America was entering the early stages of WWII. Propaganda was a huge thing back then. Television, Billboards, Newspapers, Radios, presidential speeches. Does anyone know how those contributed to the propaganda? Any examples maybe?”

 

And was raised, though reluctantly.

 

“Yes Mr. Bakura?”

 

Bakura growled as the sudden urge to sing came over him, and throughout the room, music played.

 

“Why don't you ask the kids at Tiananmen square?

Was Fashion the reason why they were there?”

 

Bakura sang as he stared the teacher dead in the eyes.

 

“Because Mr. Bakura, most people didn't care about fashion back then.” the teacher responded. It was then Marik’s head snapped up as he just had the sudden urge to rip everyone’s throats out. No, that was a common urge. No he head an urge to sing as well.

 

“They disguise it, Hypnotize it

Television made you buy it”

 

“That’s right Mr. Ishtar. Propaganda had huge effects on people’s brains. Forcing them into things. Subliminal messages of sorts, if you will.”

 

“I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my-” the both began to sing before Bakura continued on.

 

“He's scared that I will take him away from there

Dreams that his country left with no one there”

 

“That’s true. Pay attention class! Back in those years, people feared the Russians and us, the Japanese, were going to take over their country by nuclear war.”

 

“Mesmerize the simple minded

Propaganda leaves us blinded”

 

Marik banged his head against the desk, doing his best to try to stop singing. Though it was true. It was so easy to mesmerize the simple minded and use them as puppets.

 

“I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my man

I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my man”

 

The two gave each other looks as they sang against their wills. Marik’s mind went to Malik at the lyrics and how badly he wanted his light at the moment. Bakura’s mind when to this light, his very innocent, y, delicious light. Bakura growled and smacked his head against the desk. No, head had no feelings for Ryou other than friendship, right? Right!

 

“Yes-wait what?”The teacher asked dumbfounded.

 

“I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my man

I'm just sitting in my car and waiting for my

 

Man”

 

The song ended and both jumped up.

 

“Oh thank you Ra!” Bakura cried out.

 

“I swear I'll never swear again, just please, don't make me sing again!” Marik prayed, hands clasped together.

 

“Mr. Ishtar, Mr. Bakura, that-” Before the teacher got far into his sentence, the bell rang. Bakura and Marik were the first to run out of the room. Ra forbid the Gods make them sing again. The experience was scary on it's own, another round would kill them, or at least melt their bodies away.

 

They high-tailed it to their third period class, Algebra for Bakura and English for Marik. There, they told their hikari’s the horrible tale of what happened in American history, which only resulted in giggles and wishes of being there to watch.

 

To say the least, the psychotic yami’s were pissed off the rest of the hour.