Prologue

If It's not Fate, What else can you think of Us?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Chaeyoung, a 6 years old curious werewolf. Being a werewolf pup, Chaeyoung never understand why she had to hide all her life.

 

"Keep your true identity from others."

 

"Don't trust anyone except your own family."

 

"Don't wander alone at night."

 

There were too many do and don'ts in Chaeyoung's family.

 

Honestly she really hated all of this. She always wonder why couldn't she live as her own self, proudly told everyone that she was a werewolf. She was too young to understand how harsh the world was for people liked her.

 

Fortunately Chaeyoung was always a good kid so she would never disappoint her parents.

 

"Rules are meant to be broken as long as you're not caught." That was her motto.

 

That also why Chaeyoung would always sneak out at night and got back before her parents woke up. She would go every night except on full moon because she still couldn't control herself.

 

And as usual Chaeyoung sneaked out from her house again and transformed to her werewolf form then went out. Tonight she decided to go to the forest since her parents always forbid her to go there even at noon. It was new for her to go here and being a curious kid she was, she went there for the first time.

 

--------

 

It was weekend and liked usual for Myoui family to go hunting. Growing up in a hunter family, Mina had come with her parents since she was just 8 years old and now she was 12 so it had been 4 years she would go to forest and saw her parents caught or killed wolves. The more precise term was werewolves. They hunted for werewolves.

 

Witnessing what her parents did, made Mina determined she would never become like them. She hated what her parents did but she never said anything because it wouldn't turn out well and she didn't want to let her parents down so yeah..

 

Luckily she never found werewolves ever since she started coming to hunt with her parents, or else she would be in a big dilemma wether she should tell her parents or to let it go.

 

It should be a common hunting night for Mina, wandering alone, "trying" to find anything, and waiting until her parents called her to go home until tonight she heard a whimpering sound.

 

"What is that?" She followed the source of the voice and she was surprised to see what in front of her. A little wolf was caught on a trap, its front left leg was trapped and injured by it so literally the little wolf couldn't go anywhere.

 

"Oh my god. It was caught by dad's trap." Mina walked closer toward it slowly.

 

She wasn't scared at all. It was her secret that actually she loved werewolves so much. She looked so high of those creatures as she thought that they were amazing with all abilities they had. She just didn't understand why people and wolves couldn't live quietly side by side. For what she read from books, wolves never attacked humans as long as they were not felt dangers.

 

Mina could see the wolf was scared. It tried to protect itself by swinging its healthy front leg, liked telling Mina to go away.

 

"Calm down baby wolfie i just want to help you." She tried to reach it to calm it down first. But unfortunately the scared pup still swinging its paw over and over made it hard for Mina to come closer.

 

"Calm down. We have to get you out before dad come here to check."

 

Mina tried to reach the wolf again but she wasn't to careful made her right arm injured by the wolf's claw. "Ouch."

 

Mina got back a little and check her wound. It wasn't too bad but it still hurt so much. Seeing Mina hurt the wolf stop its crazy attack. It just looked straight at Mina. Mina could feel the wolf had become much calmer so she tried once again.

 

"You have calm down now?" Mina reached out again with her other hand and this time the wolf let her. She touched its head carefully. When she was sure the wolf wouldn't attack her, she started to it gently.

 

"Now i will get you out from this trap okay? It will hurt a bit but you have to endure it." Mina started to get it out. Of course she knew how it worked. She always there watching her dad made his traps. So it wasn't that hard for Mina to get the wolf out. "It's done."

 

"Oh god. Your injury seems bad." Mina squatted down to check on its leg.

 

Mina the wolf again making it purred enjoying her touch. She chuckled. "You like to be huh? What a cute little wolf."

 

The wolf then looked at Mina's injured arm and started nudging it with its snout.

 

"I'm okay. It's not that hurt really." Mina talked reassuring even though she didn't know the wolf would understand or not. But she was quite sure it understood, seeing how they interacted so far.

 

The wolf still not convinced so it kept whimpering and the injury.

 

"You're feeling sorry for attacking me?" She chuckled again. "What a nice wolf." Mina said still it. "Like i said i'm okay. Now go before my dad come here."

 

"Mina! Where are you?" A sudden voice interrupted them.

 

"Oh no he's coming. Quickly go now. Quickly."

 

"I'm here dad!" Mina answered when she saw the wolf was far enough.

 

"Oh god Mina, where have you been?" Her dad came.

 

"I'm just wandering around dad."

 

"Oh my god! What happened to you arm?"

 

"It's okay dad. Just little scratches."

 

"It's werewolf doing right? Where is it? I'll kill it." Mina's dad said furiously.

 

"It's gone. I don't know where it went. Let's just go home okay?"

 

Her dad still wasn't convinced to go home. He wanted to search for the wolf who hurt his precious daughter.

 

"Dad. Come on. I want to treat this wound immediately."

 

"Alright alright. Let's go." Mina pulled her dad. They walked away leaving from there.

 

Before they went away Mina once again looked back and found the wolf still there not too far from her, looking at her. Mina showed her gummy smile and mouthed. "See you later."

 

---------

 

-6 years later-

 

"I'll go now Mom, Dad!"

 

"Okay.. Be careful Chaeyoung! Don't go home too late!" Her mom shouted from inside.

 

"Don't worry mom."

 

"Get back home as soon as your school ends." Her dad came out. "Remember today is full moon. You still can't control yourself."

 

"Okay dad. I promise i'll go home early today. Stop worrying too much." Chaeyoung hugged her dad then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter