Two - Yongguk

Never thought it would be someone like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yongguk questions himself again whether he made the right decision to come along when he saw the amount of students at the school entrance. He was more or less guilt tripped into coming, when instead he could just be at home, enjoying the comfort of solitude. Maybe he could make up some excuse and leave before anyone sees him.

“Hyung!”

Too late. He turns around and sees Youngjae.

“Wow, I didn’t think you’d really come. It’s nice to see Himchan still has some convincing power over you.”

All he could do was shrug. He didn’t want to admit it but his friends do have some kind of influence on him.

He followed along and made their way through the crowd, stopping a couple of time so that Youngjae could say hi to classmates. He nodded and smiled at a few familiar faces. He was always bad at remembering names, especially those of his underclassmen. He was spared the torment of small talk when they caught sight of Himchan and the rest of the guys.

“Yo! You’rehere!” Himchan handed him the festival itinerary when they reached them. His brow arched when he noticed the agitated look on his friend’s face.

“Tell me, what are we really doing here? It’s not like we can’t meet outside of school.” He asked but received no definite answer.

“Because, you know--” Himchan’s words were cut short when someone crashed into his back making him take a step forward. He spun around and it turns out the person was someone he knew. It was someone they all knew.

It’s her. Im Nayeon. She’s pretty hard to miss, with her outgoing personality and that bright smile of hers. She was friends with a lot of people and almost everyone knew who she was, even him. They never got to talk much though. It was always like she didn’t want to, like she was avoiding him or something. It was amusing how she gets awkward around him, which was a rare sight. It was cute and confusing on his part.

After her and Himchan’s casual exchange, she turned and smiled to the rest of them, her gaze pausing at his direction. When their eyes locked, it sent ripples to his calm state. The effect was so baffling to him that he hadn’t noticed her leaving. It was Youngjae’s nudge that sent him back to reality.

“What was that hyung? The staring and stuff?”

“Yeah. What’s up with you?” Himchan chimed in.

“I don’t know what you guys are talking about.” He shrugged and started to walk away, leaving his friends to run after him.

It took an effort for him not to turn around and look back when he hears her voice from afar and her friend’s laugh. He was caught off guard by her effect on him, which she never really had before. He wondered what changed.

 

***

 

“Did you get it?” Himchan asks, as soon as he answered his phone.

“Get what?” He replied as he picked up two cups of ramen.

Hunger drove him out of his apartment and to the nearest convenience store when he finds his fridge and cupboards empty. He had just parked his motorbike in front of the store when he received the call.

“I just texted you a link, just check it out will you?” His friend answered with feigned irritation.

“Okay, fine. Hold on a sec.” He held his phone away from his ear and put it on speaker mode to check the link. His brows furrowed when it took him to a blog. But as soon as he realized whose it was, a smile automati

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter